Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
A really random question, apologies.

Has anyone had any issues at Pop with noise from the power washing? Weird I know but we stayed there for the night on the 17th of April and did emh at MK till 2am. We were awoken the next morning by them power washing the path outside our room at 8.45am followed by the staircase at the side of our room (we were corner room, top floor). I know it doesn't seem that early but it felt after our late night and we had a 9hour flight home that day. I complained at the time and got a sort of apology. I really liked the resort and would like to book a longer stay but is this common? We've only really stayed at Delux resorts recently and AOA where we had no issues.
I've stayed at Pop many times and have never noticed the power washing. There was once I was at the Poly Club level facing the quiet pool. I went out to the balcony in the evening and noticed that they were washing the walls or something. My balcony was wet. I looked down and they saw me. They rudely motioned me to get back in the room! That was unpleasant.

We arrive next Monday!! We will have one checked bag that will be tagged. Will ME deliver it directly to the room (even if we aren't there?) or will we need to go to bell services to retrieve it when we get back from the parks?

I have stayed at Pop over 10 times. This trip will be the first time we will have a car with us and do plan to drive to the parks each day. Which is the best building to request when driving? Our old standby request of 60's lake view looks too inconvenient with a car. Thanks for your help!

Thanks for all the advice! I checked with my TA though and it looks like I can get POFQ for about the same through their rate so I’m probably gonna change resorts. But this info is good to know for the future!

I have stayed at Pop over 10 times. This trip will be the first time we will have a car with us and do plan to drive to the parks each day. Which is the best building to request when driving? Our old standby request of 60's lake view looks too inconvenient with a car. Thanks for your help!

I usually go against conventional wisdom and request the 80's. The 80's are not too far from the transportation/food end of the lobby building, so it's not a bad walk if you want to take a bus (sometimes you want an adult beverage or two) and it's not too far to the first door into the food court. There is parking near both 80's buildings too. 70's would probably be my second choice, but they are a little farther from the parking lot for the most part, and would probably be an equal walk as that from your favorite in the 60's. My first trip to Pop was a 60's lakeview, and I didn't think the distance to the parking lot was horrible. It was as close as the lobby building was, just walking different directions.

My sister and I will be at Pop Century on Sunday night, first time ever in WDW! We're excited. :-)

I'm planning to eat breakfast in my room, to save time and money, but since there aren't any microwaves it seems like my options are limited. Any suggestions besides cereal? That doesn't seem like enough when you need fuel for a whole day o' Disney...

My sister and I will be at Pop Century on Sunday night, first time ever in WDW! We're excited. :-)

I'm planning to eat breakfast in my room, to save time and money, but since there aren't any microwaves it seems like my options are limited. Any suggestions besides cereal? That doesn't seem like enough when you need fuel for a whole day o' Disney...

There are microwaves in the food court if you want to walk over there. We take cereal and power bars. That is enough to get us until lunch usually.

I always pack a box of hearty cereal and buy milk onsite. I have found that if you are a rope drop type of person, that will keep you until 11 or so, then you can grab an early lunch and miss the rush at noon.

There are microwaves in the food court, free to use for anyone, and not many people use them. This is true for all Disney hotels. If you don't want to take time to walk there, then you can prepare your own "continental breakfast" by eating granola, bagels, croissants, cookies, cakes, bananas, apples, gram crackers and such by ordering them from grocery deliveries such as Amazon Prime Now. That's the kind of breakfast they feed you at Club Level. For a lot more money.

My family eat nothing but box cereal and milk (available in half gallons in food court, around $4) for breakfast. I don't let my kids eat box cereal unless we are in Disney World, so they are excited about it, though the excitement does wear thin towards the end of the trip when they eat fruit loops every day for 14 days. It's good enough to keep them moving till lunch time.

Thanks for all the advice! I checked with my TA though and it looks like I can get POFQ for about the same through their rate so I’m probably gonna change resorts. But this info is good to know for the future!
Awesome that you got POFQ for same money! Pop is getting so expensive these days.

We arrive next Monday!! We will have one checked bag that will be tagged. Will ME deliver it directly to the room (even if we aren't there?) or will we need to go to bell services to retrieve it when we get back from the parks?

It will be in your room.

Ideally yes, the bag would be delivered to your room but that’s not always the case.

In December we dropped off our carry-one at 12:30, went to a park, returned at 8:30pm to no carry-ons in room even though we had received the ‘room ready’ email at 2pm.

This trip (here now) we arrived in the evening so brought all our luggage with us. We did have 2 scooters to pick up though so needed to visit luggage services which was a long wait. Almost 25 mins just to wait in line for a CM. The challenge is that Pop is redoing their luggage room so all bags are being stored away from the resort. Add to that the sheer number of people ordering groceries and the CMs just cannot keep up!! When I was there at about 10pm there were at least 5 people trying to get groceries and a couple of them expressed they’d been working with CMs for hours to retrieve their groceries. A higher level CM was outside assisting guests and the CMs trying to resolve the challenges.

Hopefully things will get better but my last 2 experiences at Pop, working with luggage services has been the one negative experience each trip. Very busy and under staffed.

Others have mentioned the microwave in the food court, and bringing your own stuff... I also have planned the night before and bought something either at a park or down in the food court that I'd like for breakfast the next day. Sometimes it's fruit and/or yogurt, sometimes a danish, or a handful or two of nuts and a banana, or a good cookie from the caramel shop in Germany... ;) You get the idea. But, yes, I too recommend just having something to tide you over.

Hope you have a wonderful first trip!!

I actually eat a wedge of the Lite Laughing Cow cheese with some Triscuits and fresh fruit for breakfast everyday at home so I could totally order that from Garden Grocer. My sister and I are going on our very first vacation together this September. It will be her first time there. I am so excited! BTW, I’m from Ohio too near Sandusky, home of Cedar Point.

Ideally yes, the bag would be delivered to your room but that’s not always the case.

In December we dropped off our carry-one at 12:30, went to a park, returned at 8:30pm to no carry-ons in room even though we had received the ‘room ready’ email at 2pm.

This trip (here now) we arrived in the evening so brought all our luggage with us. We did have 2 scooters to pick up though so needed to visit luggage services which was a long wait. Almost 25 mins just to wait in line for a CM. The challenge is that Pop is redoing their luggage room so all bags are being stored away from the resort. Add to that the sheer number of people ordering groceries and the CMs just cannot keep up!! When I was there at about 10pm there were at least 5 people trying to get groceries and a couple of them expressed they’d been working with CMs for hours to retrieve their groceries. A higher level CM was outside assisting guests and the CMs trying to resolve the challenges.

Hopefully things will get better but my last 2 experiences at Pop, working with luggage services has been the one negative experience each trip. Very busy and under staffed.

DME tagged checked bags will be brought to the room. Any luggage you bring to the resort yourself and leave with bell services would probably need to be picked up.

DME tagged checked bags will be brought to the room. Any luggage you bring to the resort yourself and leave with bell services would probably need to be picked up.
They tell you they will deliver it but that’s not always the case which is where the challenge comes in. You’ve been told it will be delivered but hours later it is still missing. If you go to luggage services sometimes they can locate it and other times it’s ‘out for delivery’ which in Dec one of ours was...and arrived in our room 90 mins later.

They tell you they will deliver it but that’s not always the case which is where the challenge comes in. You’ve been told it will be delivered but hours later it is still missing. If you go to luggage services sometimes they can locate it and other times it’s ‘out for delivery’ which in Dec one of ours was...and arrived in our room 90 mins later.

You brought up having left a bag with bell services, which would be a different scenario than the bags they deliver straight from the airport.

Here now and happy to report the smoking section that was on the main path between the 70’s section and Classic Hall has been relocated! :) it’s still close but now on a path behind the Goofy area, between buildings 5 and 6. Glad our concerns were heard!
This makes me so happy! I hated having to walk past it every time we went between our too and the Classic Hall.

Pack some instant Oatmeal! that's what we did for our trip this past February.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter