• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boo. That’s the same type we have. I wonder why they care?
I believe since the room has already been discounted by a large amount, they don't want to lose additional $ on that room which is essentially what they do when they offer $10 per night.

thinking of booking a preferred room over standard room -- other than location are there any other differences in the room category? Its only $135 more to book preferred over standard -- WWYD?
No differences other than location. Personally I don't find the extra cost to be worth it but it really is a personal decision.

thinking of booking a preferred room over standard room -- other than location are there any other differences in the room category? Its only $135 more to book preferred over standard -- WWYD?

I would save the money too. We always book standard and have gotten rooms fairly close to the Main building. We usually request 50’s building 1 or 3.

Disney to provide direct transportation to the water parks

While the article above is worded a little weirdly, it appears that Disney is going to begin providing direct transportation to and from the water parks from each resort.

Currently guests going to Blizzard Beach board an AK bus and then transfer at AK.

Currently guests going to Typhoon Lagoon board a Disney Springs bus and then transfer at DS.

It appears they're going back to the old method of buses traveling to AK will stop at BB and buses traveling to DS will stop at TL. On the way back from the water parks, each resort will have a dedicated stop for pick up. (Thanks for clarifying @rteetz) I think it's a good change.

The change goes into effect Sun, Mar 17th.

Staying at POP for the first time in 28 days. How has recent experience been for online check in if you have a request? Ours is pretty simple. First floor due to mobility issue. Should we just wait until we get to the resort? I also know the App seems to be spotty at best as far as when it wants to work. I am also sure this question has been asked some where before. So sorry. Still new to the boards!

Staying at POP for the first time in 28 days. How has recent experience been for online check in if you have a request? Ours is pretty simple. First floor due to mobility issue. Should we just wait until we get to the resort? I also know the App seems to be spotty at best as far as when it wants to work. I am also sure this question has been asked some where before. So sorry. Still new to the boards!

Rooms are assigned 2-3 days out, so don't wait until you get there. Call the Main Reservation line and add your requests to your reservation. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference. Do not make any room requests during Online Check In, just skip that section.

Rooms are assigned 2-3 days out, so don't wait until you get there. Call the Main Reservation line and add your requests to your reservation. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference. Do not make any room requests during Online Check In, just skip that section.

Thanks. We have put in the request when we made the reservation. Did not realize they assigned the room so far in advance. That's good info to know

Did I see it somewhere that the main pool area is going to be refurbished? We are staying there for the first time for the opening of SWGE and I want to make sure we don't request that area if it's undergoing refurbishment. We plan to try and see SWGE then the rest of the trip is totally unplanned. Probably going to be spending some time at the pool, which is why i ask :)

I wouldn't be sad if the Skyliner was functional either!

Did I see it somewhere that the main pool area is going to be refurbished? We are staying there for the first time for the opening of SWGE and I want to make sure we don't request that area if it's undergoing refurbishment. We plan to try and see SWGE then the rest of the trip is totally unplanned. Probably going to be spending some time at the pool, which is why i ask :)

Hippy Dippy Pool will be closed for refurbishment beginning winter of 2020.

Just coming over here to ask that same question. When booking, it now says the pool refurb will begin January 2020. Is this correct? I trust you all know the exact details.

We've just booked for late Jan 2020, and it came up to say Hippy Dippy will be closed during our trip so it looks like that's the timeframe for closure. I'm hoping they decide that the pool views of that pool can be classes as 'standard' during the refurb, as I'd be happy to have one of those ones so close to foodhall buses etc :-)

January-March 2020 seems more likely and logical. 10-12 months away.
That has always been my understanding.

Hopefully someone will find out soon exactly what they are going to do as the announcement was so "FAR OUT"(Pun intended!lol) from the start date.:)

Many are wondering if it is a "regular" refurb or if something "major" will be done(Pool Slide,etc.).:)

That has always been my understanding.

Hopefully someone will find out soon exactly what they are going to do as the announcement was so "FAR OUT"(Pun intended!lol) from the start date.:)

Many are wondering if it is a "regular" refurb or if something "major" will be done(Pool Slide,etc.).:)

Originally wasn’t it scheduled for Labor Day? That’s the last I heard.

The SWGE announcement caused me to plan an unexpected trip back to WDW ten days after our family vacation! My 12 yr old had to be there! So I’ve been out of the loop what’s been going on at Pop.

Is anybody at the Pop now? I was wondering about the Hippy Dippy activity schedule. Seems like they always have a big pool party on Friday afternoons but last fall we also happened up on an unbirthday party mid-week, too. Is there a regular day for a mid-week party? I can't find a Hippy Dippy activity calendar online. Aside: The unbirthday tea at Petals was really good and we just love Gordo.

Is anybody at the Pop now? I was wondering about the Hippy Dippy activity schedule. Seems like they always have a big pool party on Friday afternoons but last fall we also happened up on an unbirthday party mid-week, too. Is there a regular day for a mid-week party? I can't find a Hippy Dippy activity calendar online. Aside: The unbirthday tea at Petals was really good and we just love Gordo.
OTPN does a great job of posting the Activities Schedule.

https://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/recreational-calendars.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter