• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is available to the majority of guests. I have heard of some (who possibly booked through a 3rd party discounted or conference rate?) who were denied but other than that all are eligible. You want to request it the day you arrive, either at the check-in desk or Guest Services. If you check-in at the front desk at Pop it may be offered to you or you may need to request it. In my 3 trips it was offered twice and once I requested it.

I booked the group rate for the Dis event in August and one of the things I was told was I couldn't opt out of housekeeping. Not a huge deal since it's 5 nights so only 40 bucks. It was great to get the $70 last Nov when I was there for 8 nights though. Seems it's anything that gives a deeper discount that what they offer publicly.

Can someone confirm if pop is queen or double beds? I saw queen mentioned in search results but on wdwinfo and allears it still says double beds.

Can someone confirm if pop is queen or double beds? I saw queen mentioned in search results but on wdwinfo and allears it still says double beds.
With the exception of the few King rooms, all Pop rooms now have 2 Queen beds. One is a regular bed and the other is a fold-down Murphy bed that doubles as a table when not in use. Both have the same super comfortable posturepedic pillow top mattress.

Hi, chelleb1974. The Everything Pop store and food court close and open promptly with no access when closed.

This is taking the conversation in another direction but I have to brag on Pop Century's staff regarding this. My last time at WDW, and therefore Pop, I got a stomach virus my first night there, and was up sick at 2 a.m. My friend called down to the front desk and they let her into the gift shop so she could purchase some Pepto Bismol for me. Just another reason why I love the place. (And as soon as I was feeling better the virus attacked my friend!) Hopefully this won't be needed when I go back in a couple weeks!

So tell me if this is a bad idea...

We'll be headed down at the end of october for a week at pop. It's going to be my wife the mother inlaw and myself, how cramped do you think we'll really be. It'll be the first trip with all three of use in the same room but for the most part we aren't in there to do much but sleep and change cloths in the middle of the day before heading back out to the parks.

Last edited:

We'll be headed down at the end of octoOctfor a week at pop. It's going to be my wife the mother inlaw and myself, how cramped do you think we'll really be. It'll be the first trip with all three of use in the same room but for the most part we aren't in there to do much but sleep and change cloths in the middle of the day before heading back out to the parks.

I don't think it will be too cramped, but I think spending a week in a hotel with your mother in law is never a good idea. :rolleyes:

I don't think it will be too cramped, but I think spending a week in a hotel with your mother in law is never a good idea. :rolleyes:
Omg I could not spend a week in the same room with my in laws. I would go insane. I will say that Dh, myself, our 9 yo niece and her mom all shared a room at pop. It was right but we managed just fine.

We'll be headed down at the end of october for a week at pop. It's going to be my wife the mother inlaw and myself, how cramped do you think we'll really be. It'll be the first trip with all three of use in the same room but for the most part we aren't in there to do much but sleep and change cloths in the middle of the day before heading back out to the parks.

We have had three adults in the new Pop rooms a few times (once the week after Irma with some extra baggage) and it was fine. It really helped having the space to store suitcases under the bed, and the room has a lot of ways to stay organized. So long as everyone gets along well, you should be fine.

We are two adults and two tweens (12 and 11)...we did it this past year...and doing it again this April...it was totally fine...we loved it and the price cannot be beat...add in that Pop has its own dedicated bus service (it does not share with any of the other parks) it is a total no brainer...we spend so much time in the parks or at the pool that by the time we get to our room all we want to do is decompress and sleep...and the new renovated rooms with the two queen beds make Pop such a great option...once the Skyliner is built it will be even better though I do worry that it will lose its price advantage...

This is taking the conversation in another direction but I have to brag on Pop Century's staff regarding this. My last time at WDW, and therefore Pop, I got a stomach virus my first night there, and was up sick at 2 a.m. My friend called down to the front desk and they let her into the gift shop so she could purchase some Pepto Bismol for me. Just another reason why I love the place. (And as soon as I was feeling better the virus attacked my friend!) Hopefully this won't be needed when I go back in a couple weeks!

That is great to know! *finger crossed* I've never gotten sick at Disney, but will keep this in mind!

~Chelle

When I head down in September I'll be in a room with three other adult ladies (we're all in our late 20s-early 30s). I've only been in the room with one other adult in my trips since the renovations, but I'm not too worried about it feeling cramped. The room has so many opportunities for storage and whatnot and we're not spending much time in the rooms beyond sleeping so I'm positive it'll be fine!

Have there been any updates from Pop about the ability to swap your drink for a snack/dessert when using the dining plan in the food court?​

Have there been any updates from Pop about the ability to swap your drink for a snack/dessert when using the dining plan in the food court?​

We had no problems doing this in September. We asked every time we ate in the food court and everybody we asked said yes. We were there 15 days so we had a few meals at all different times of the day.

Hello
Can anyone tell me what the coffee makers use for brewing.We want to buy extra "pods" or whatever they are.
Thanks

Hello
Can anyone tell me what the coffee makers use for brewing.We want to buy extra "pods" or whatever they are.
Thanks
They do. It's those Cuisinart pod machines. The supplies are in the drawer between the shelf and the fridge.

20180725_183509-M.jpg
Hope this helps

The washing machines are open 24-hours and that is when I realized that I couldn't access The Everything Pop early one morning when I couldn't sleep. Too much sugar at the parks...ha...ha...ha![/QUOTE]
The good thing about the Laundry Area is there is Snack Vending machines in there I was so hungry getting back from parks Everything Pop was closed and only had trick or treat candy to eat and vending had chips and cookies to get me by till breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter