Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can book a room only via phone up to 499 days out.

For booking Online and booking packages, this is correct.

It will not stick. In order to book before rack rates are set, you only have to make a deposit which will be 1 night at the highest rate for 2019. Then once the rack rates for 2020 are released, OP's total amount due for their stay will be set using the new 2020 rack rates.

No it is not.

New rates will definitely be applied to OPs reservation whether they make changes or not.

Everything above is accurate when the guest making the booking is in North America. Overseas bookings are a whole different animal that I am not familiar with.
thanks! A lot of information here that I was not aware of, especially that the room price they’ve booked will not be what they pay. I was always under the impression that a quoted price was guaranteed once a deposit was made. Thank you for clarifying things!

My sister's family will be at Pop the same time as us. I'd love to put a gift basket together for my niece "from Minnie". Would a CM deliver it to their room? I want it to be a surprise!

You can book a room only via phone up to 499 days out.

It will not stick. In order to book before rack rates are set, you only have to make a deposit which will be 1 night at the highest rate for 2019. Then once the rack rates for 2020 are released, OP's total amount due for their stay will be set using the new 2020 rack rates.

New rates will definitely be applied to OPs reservation whether they make changes or not.

Everything above is accurate when the guest making the booking is in North America. Overseas bookings

I should cavet this with we had to book an Accessible room. So maybe different rules?
The emailed confirmation lists 2020 rack rates. Double checked with 2019. It’s more.
The emailed confirmation has a statement that the rates are guaranteed as long as no changes are made to the reservation.
We booked 490 days from check out. Cast member recognized we were within dates.

The real surprise was I am not the first person to do so this far out. Accessible rooms in Little Mermaid at AoA and All Star Movies are booked up for our dates.

I should cavet this with we had to book an Accessible room. So maybe different rules?
The emailed confirmation lists 2020 rack rates. Double checked with 2019. It’s more.
The emailed confirmation has a statement that the rates are guaranteed as long as no changes are made to the reservation.
We booked 490 days from check out. Cast member recognized we were within dates.

The real surprise was I am not the first person to do so this far out. Accessible rooms in Little Mermaid at AoA and All Star Movies are booked up for our dates.

Then they have just made a major change to how they book rooms. You have never been able to lock in a rate until they announced rack rates for that booking period. Not doubting you, just really surprised by this huge departure from the way they've done this since at least the 1990s.

I know those are available but am certain I can put one together for a fraction of the cost. Plus I just want a little something. My sister would kill me if she had to bring back a lot of stuff.
You could always call or email them and ask if they can deliver it for you

Disney’s practice has been to quote the highest rate for the current year until the next year’s rates are set. Since the rates are highest at Christmas, any other time of the year will be quoted at that high rate. So of course, 2020 April will be higher than April 2019, because Christmas week 2019 rates were higher. So unless you are booking the highest week for the following year, your rate is actually likely to go down. Can you check if the rate you were given matches Christmas week 2019 & report back?

Just booked for Princess Marathon weekend! We stayed on our first family trip in 2014. We’ve been to Disney 8 times since then but have only stayed at deluxes and moderates. I’m hoping the hotel still feels as great as it did 4+ years ago! I’m excited to see the refurbished rooms! Anyone have any tips or info?

30A93D14-941B-45D2-82DC-AAE742BA3C4A.png
Disney’s practice has been to quote the highest rate for the current year until the next year’s rates are set. Since the rates are highest at Christmas, any other time of the year will be quoted at that high rate. So of course, 2020 April will be higher than April 2019, because Christmas week 2019 rates were higher. So unless you are booking the highest week for the following year, your rate is actually likely to go down. Can you check if the rate you were given matches Christmas week 2019 & report back?

I can’t see the rates for past dates on the Disney website.
What I received doesn’t appear to match up with this though. I did pay a deposit for the most expensive night, which was the first night. What I got was the attached nightly breakdown of rates specific to our stay.

Do all of the rooms have queen beds at POP now? I'm seeing conflicting information that some are double, but I'm thinking the info may not be updated.

View attachment 372175

I can’t see the rates for past dates on the Disney website.
What I received doesn’t appear to match up with this though. I did pay a deposit for the most expensive night, which was the first night. What I got was the attached nightly breakdown of rates specific to our stay.

Thanks! It is hard to match up the dates & prices since Easter is different so it changes the “seasons” Disney uses for pricing. But these are the 2019 prices as listed on MouseSavers.

79506BE1-B40B-4464-9D9B-2503BC727AC3.png

Your quoted prices don’t seem bad compared to these.

And your prices are less than the holiday rate ($245), so that theory failed!

We just stayed here Dec 14-21. We were preferred pool view and on free dining. We haven't stayed there in many years so were excited to go back. Here is a quick review on the new rooms, etc:
It was myself and my daughter (22) and we have stayed at all levels of WDW resorts over the years.

Check in: Easy and fast. We had done online checkin, but we arrived really early (10am) so I wanted to just see if a room was ready by chance, and it was! We lucked out getting into our room at 10am! They offered me a $50 gift card instead of having housekeeping for the week. We could still get towels, etc... but they wouldn't come in and clean and make beds, etc... I decided to go for the gift card, as we tend to put a do not disturb sign on a lot of times anyway, as the room is fine and really doesn't need anything.

Gift Shop: Was great - had lots of variety and many of the same things we saw in the parks, so when we decided 'darn we should have bought that....', it was easy to find at our own resort.

Food Court: Great - so much variety. We ate here every morning we didn't have a breakfast reservation and also in the evening a few times. We really liked the pizza here too.

Room: Ok I am going to get some hate, but I really don't like the new design. It was a pain to be putting a bed up and down everyday. Yes, I could just leave it down, but I like to sit in the morning, put my makeup on at a table, relax with a coffee or whatever, and like to have a table. We also have a thing we do in the morning, and that is anything we don't want to forget to take into the parks for the day, we put on the table, so the table gets double checked before we leave. We have done that since my daughter was 3 years old. So I found myself having to move the pillows off the pull down bed and over to the main bed, then lifting it up every day, then putting stuff back on it (that should have been able to just stay on it). It wasn't a major deal breaker, but it was a pain. The flooring felt nice and clean, but I did miss carpet under my feet at the end of the day. TV was huge but was on that super super high def that makes everything look 'too real' hahaha. Was odd to watch it like that. We had a great location beside the pool, but hit a week of crappy weather and never even used the pool! It was nice and close to the main hall though.
We felt the room felt small after a couple of days for us. I travel a lot for work and often am in a nice club room at a 4-5* hotel, so when I am in a small room like this, I notice it!

Service: With the exception of one awful woman we encountered at concierge, everyone was fabulous. I felt the cast members were as helpful and cheerful as any other resort in WDW we have stayed at.

We took a walk over to AOA one evening to check it out. Nice place for a walk. Pop seemed pretty sold out and busy when we were there, and with the new gondola's coming I think its going to be a hot ticket to get a room here.

Overall we decided we need a moderate or deluxe from now on - not because we are hotel snobs, but just need that bit of extra room. 2 adult females doing showers, hair, makeup, etc... and not even having a table unless we put a bed away - just would rather spend a bit of extra $$ and upgrade. I think its a great spot to stay, especially if you just want to sleep and shower or are on a budget - nothing wrong with it at all!!!!

In comparison, the week prior, we stayed at Cabana Bay (universal) for 3 nights for what would be an almost identical rate, and the difference was night and day! WOW what a resort - and it was closer to a deluxe at Disney for $149/night! The pools, the lazy river, amazing food court, indoor corridors, big room, huge bathroom, etc...etc...... If WDW had Cabana Bay they would be charging $400++ a night for it. We LOVED it there! We are not big Universal fans (many rides give my daughter motion sickness due to it all being on a screen with motion simulator) and stayed there just for fun before heading out on the Dream for 4 nights. We went to the outlet mall and had a pool day. I wish Cabana Bay was at Disney! Would be a perfect combo for us! hahaha!

I just booked for Jan 2020 this week. I was surprised at how much higher the rates were. We paid $167 for a Friday, Saturday, Sunday stay in regular rooms. I am really hoping the rates go down! In the past the rates have been different on different nights so having the same rate for all 3 nights was surprising too. I will keep watching for the package deals or new rack rates to be released. The Disney person that helped me said to just call and they would adjust the price. Hope this helps!

I just booked for Jan 2020 this week. I was surprised at how much higher the rates were. We paid $167 for a Friday, Saturday, Sunday stay in regular rooms. I am really hoping the rates go down! In the past the rates have been different on different nights so having the same rate for all 3 nights was surprising too. I will keep watching for the package deals or new rack rates to be released. The Disney person that helped me said to just call and they would adjust the price. Hope this helps!
We would’ve paid more than that this past March so that’s really not too high. I think we would’ve paid $176/night at pop but luckily they released the play, stay, dine deal

Kind of a silly question but we have never stayed anything but standard at Pop... We're booked pool view preferred currently. I put my requests in and realized I can't request ground floor. It be easier since we have a stroller, but would not be the end of the world if we did not. But i'm curious, if it's "pool view" is it just the rooms FACING the pool, or does it include all the rooms in the front of the 60s building going towards the generation gap bridge?

Kind of a silly question but we have never stayed anything but standard at Pop... We're booked pool view preferred currently. I put my requests in and realized I can't request ground floor. It be easier since we have a stroller, but would not be the end of the world if we did not. But i'm curious, if it's "pool view" is it just the rooms FACING the pool, or does it include all the rooms in the front of the 60s building going towards the generation gap bridge?

I believe ground floor in the 60’s buildings closest to the food court facing the pool are considered preferred pool view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter