Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the resort still offering gift cards for opting out of mousekeeping? I thought that ended last year but someone on the touring plans app said they got it in the summer.

We are geeting close and want to make our requests. Any cons to requesting a 1st floor room?
I don't see any cons to making that request. Is that going to be your only request? If so, you should have a good chance at getting it.

Edit: I took your post the wrong way lol. I thought you were asking if it was a bad idea to put 1st floor, like wondering if you would get your request granted or not.

Last edited:
I don’t think we are supposed to be talking about this anymore. This thread is for information and tips about pop century.

We’re not allowed to talk about this anymore on this board.

I’d already posted the reply long before I got to the page that had the request on it as it had been several days since I’d read the thread and was catching up. I left it rather than make it a blank deleted post as I felt the final comment about Pop management and their decision being in everyone’s interest was still in the spirit of the thread.

If the mods want to delete it I don’t have a problem with that. I wasn’t purposely flouting the request.

:)

We are geeting close and want to make our requests. Any cons to requesting a 1st floor room?
Rooms on the first floor can (though don’t always) have more noise than 4th floor rooms just because you’d have a room above yours. If you’re in a preferred room, you’ll also get more noise from people walking past your room. That said, I find the convenience outweighs any potential noise. Plus 4th floor rooms can be noisy too if your room shares a wall with a particularly noisy family. Since there’s no way to request quiet neighbors, I like to request a first floor room.

The only potential con is that there are more reports of people having little crawly visitors in their room. It can happen in any room as it’s Floridabut I’ve heard more reportsofit happening on the first floor.
Yes, I forgot about that. Or rather it’s just a non-issue for me so I didn’t even think of it. My DD found a centipede in our Pop Century room last fall (first floor). We just moved it outside. I think that was the first time we’ve ever found a bug in our room.

We have booked a "preferred room" and honestly, I have no idea what that means or why I booked it it's been so long :D I have never stayed at this resort and I don't know what to request. I would like to stay in the 50's building and that is all I know. Any advice? I am hoping to get a room that's ready early since we will probably be there around 11, but I think making requests for specifics might mess that up.

We have booked a "preferred room" and honestly, I have no idea what that means or why I booked it it's been so long :D I have never stayed at this resort and I don't know what to request. I would like to stay in the 50's building and that is all I know. Any advice? I am hoping to get a room that's ready early since we will probably be there around 11, but I think making requests for specifics might mess that up.
I think you would have to choose between 50s or early check in. We are going at the end of this month and my only request is early check in because we land at 9 am.

We arrive tomorrow! Just finished packing, revised some documents for a client, and am getting ready for bed. Boy, do I need this vacation!!! It's only 3 nights, but it's better than no nights! Can't wait to see the refurbished rooms. I requested a 4th floor, lake view. My DD will arrive before me and she doesn't really care. She is dropping her things and heading for the MK. It will be hard to sleep tonight.

I'll try to respond to questions when we're there, so if there is something specific you want to know, just post your question.

We arrive tomorrow! Just finished packing, revised some documents for a client, and am getting ready for bed. Boy, do I need this vacation!!! It's only 3 nights, but it's better than no nights! Can't wait to see the refurbished rooms. I requested a 4th floor, lake view. My DD will arrive before me and she doesn't really care. She is dropping her things and heading for the MK. It will be hard to sleep tonight.

I'll try to respond to questions when we're there, so if there is something specific you want to know, just post your question.

What coffee, tea, cream, and sugar options are provided in the room?
Can you see or hear any construction from your lake view room?

So excited for you! We'll be there for our first time in 6 weeks.

What is the mini fridge like? Is there a freezer in it?

Question about new room makeover...Do the rooms feel cold or sterile?? Videos make it look so white, no warmth if u know what I mean. I like the storage. Also did they get rid of tubs & just have showers now? TIA

Question about new room makeover...Do the rooms feel cold or sterile?? Videos make it look so white, no warmth if u know what I mean. I like the storage. Also did they get rid of tubs & just have showers now? TIA
We have stayed in the new rooms twice and I will say they feel fresh and clean rather than sterile. I love that there is so much storage so that we can say organized during our vacation. We enjoy the new rooms so much and are so happy with the renovations!

Updated: A portion of the rooms are Shower only (seems to be somewhere around 25% from the info we’ve gathered on the Tub/shower thread). If a tub is important, I suggest requesting one. Many have done that. We enjoy the shower option so add that to our request.

Last edited:
I absolutely love the new rooms. They still have subtle theming and I think the flooring is better than carpet. The storage is amazing. They put storage in places I wouldn’t have thought to do. They still have rooms with bathtubs but you may have to request one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter