• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going back to Pop Century and its been a few years. We are booking a standard room. Last time I thought I found a website that showed which rooms are standard. Is there such a thing???

I am looking for the closest standard room to buses and food court. Any suggestions???

I cant wait to see the refurbished rooms!!!

Post #2 on the first page of this thread has a map that shows where standard rooms are located: https://www.disboards.com/threads/pop-century-room-renovations.3573071/

Any advice on what would be the best building to request. We are going end of september to beginning of october with a 2 year old. We booked a regular non-preferred room, but we would like to be close to the food court / busses. Obviously we would like a refurbed room but the theming of the building is not important to us. What should we request?

Also, since we have a toddler on our reservation is it safe to assume they will give us a room with a tub, or should be request that too?

We'll be there the same time!!!

Going back to Pop Century and its been a few years. We are booking a standard room. Last time I thought I found a website that showed which rooms are standard. Is there such a thing???

I am looking for the closest standard room to buses and food court. Any suggestions???

I cant wait to see the refurbished rooms!!!
Just ask for building 10.

Hi all! We are excited to be returning to Pop next May for sure, and possibly December '19 as well! Just hopping on to follow along/learn anything new. Our last stay at POP was in 2016, but were at WDW just this week!

Just returned from Pop Century. Although this is a cheaper place to stay at Disney, I cannot recommend it. Walls are paper thin and you hear everything outside your room. From people walking outside, to running water in the room next to you. The service is pretty bad as well. When i wanted to check in, 3 managers were socializing, and I waited over 15 minutes to get acknowledged. Then the person gave me a map of the place and drew with a marker how to find my room. When I finally found my room, my bracelet didn't even open the door. I should have left right then and there. I look at this place for teenagers that cannot afford a good hotel. Let's face it, this a motel. The new refurburshed rooms scream cheaply done. The flooring is horrible. Although I did like the Murphy bed, and headboards and the HDTV, I was annoyed that the volume would be at level 16, even if i turned it off at level 2. The fan in the bathroom could not keep up with hot steam from shower and would constantly turn off. Did i mention the barn door to the bathroom? ***. And the bus was never there early enough for me to have my early reservations. I got screwed coming home and had to pay a taxi after magical kingdom. I really hated this hotel with a passion. The landscaping even smelled like manure. What a great smell when walking to your room. I was told I could get fresh towels whenever I wanted. I called one evening and was told 30 minutes. Over 45 minutes later, I did not have towels. I called and complained and I believe a security guy had delivered it. Most likely I will stay outside of disney in the future and drive in. Pop Century is a mess folks. The only thing missing to make it a complete dive is bugs inside. I suspect it won't be long.

Just returned from Pop Century. Although this is a cheaper place to stay at Disney, I cannot recommend it. Walls are paper thin and you hear everything outside your room. From people walking outside, to running water in the room next to you. The service is pretty bad as well. When i wanted to check in, 3 managers were socializing, and I waited over 15 minutes to get acknowledged. Then the person gave me a map of the place and drew with a marker how to find my room. When I finally found my room, my bracelet didn't even open the door. I should have left right then and there. I look at this place for teenagers that cannot afford a good hotel. Let's face it, this a motel. The new refurburshed rooms scream cheaply done. The flooring is horrible. Although I did like the Murphy bed, and headboards and the HDTV, I was annoyed that the volume would be at level 16, even if i turned it off at level 2. The fan in the bathroom could not keep up with hot steam from shower and would constantly turn off. Did i mention the barn door to the bathroom? ***. And the bus was never there early enough for me to have my early reservations. I got screwed coming home and had to pay a taxi after magical kingdom. I really hated this hotel with a passion. The landscaping even smelled like manure. What a great smell when walking to your room. I was told I could get fresh towels whenever I wanted. I called one evening and was told 30 minutes. Over 45 minutes later, I did not have towels. I called and complained and I believe a security guy had delivered it. Most likely I will stay outside of disney in the future and drive in. Pop Century is a mess folks. The only thing missing to make it a complete dive is bugs inside. I suspect it won't be long.
Sooooo........
Are we to take it that you had a less than magical Disney experience??

Sooooo........
Are we to take it that you had a less than magical Disney experience??
Definitely less than magical. I did put on a facade so my kids had fun. But as the person planning and paying, less than magical. Even with the deluxe dining plan free for kids, I cannot recommend it. Way too much stress to get the restaurant before going. Way too much stress racing around to mediocre table service restaurant with way over priced food. Over half the food we ordered was not eaten. Majority of food was maybe 3 or 4 bites. And I cannot comprehend why Pop Motel is considered a good value. It's a pig with lipstick, folks.

Definitely less than magical. I did put on a facade so my kids had fun. But as the person planning and paying, less than magical. Even with the deluxe dining plan free for kids, I cannot recommend it. Way too much stress to get the restaurant before going. Way too much stress racing around to mediocre table service restaurant with way over priced food. Over half the food we ordered was not eaten. Majority of food was maybe 3 or 4 bites. And I cannot comprehend why Pop Motel is considered a good value. It's a pig with lipstick, folks.
If you go to Pop expecting Deluxe accommodations, you will be disappointed. For $100-150 a night, Pop is still a good value for being on property. If you want 5 star service (and directions without a map and a sharpie, book a deluxe). I am doing to QSDP this time around because it is stressful trying to make reservations on time, but there is plenty of good food at Disney if you plan properly.

Sorry you had a bad stay. We are just back from there and I am ready to go again.

We used buses three days and they were excellent. In many Disney trips, staying at about half of all the resorts including value, moderate, and deluxe, Pop has been my best experience with buses. This week was no exception. Our third stay at Pop and great bus service again.

I agree that the floors do seem cheap- they were already scratched (by luggage, I assume), and there was a distinct manure smell in several places in the grounds. Walls are thin. We had noisy neighbors.

But we still had a great stay. I just love the theming and the grounds and the music.

I know the values just aren’t for everyone.

There was a welcome letter in my room that had an email address of the manager to contact directly about our stay. Did you contact a manager? If not, I saved the paper and can pm you the address, if you want it.

15 minutes to be acknowledged by people you could observe socializing? It didn’t occur to you after 2 to say “Excuse me?” loud enough to be acknowledged? Me thinks there *may* be some exaggeration in some of this story.
Nonetheless, I’m sorry your trip sucked all around.
If they are not standing at the counter, there is little interaction. I did complain to the girl when I finally got acknowledged, but there is little she can do with her bosses socializing. It wasnt just the hotel, I went to sig dining and didn't have the food cooked properly, I got sick at one sig dining restaurant from the water. I immediately noticed my throat got sore, and now a week later sick I went to the ENT. When the key didn't work at my hotel after checking in, and being late for dinner reservations, I brought my luggage to lyft driver to goto narcoosies. Took an extra 40 minutes to order my food because I didn't know anything about a pin number. Had to sit on hold for 25 minutes before recalling and getting through to learn how to create a pin on my disney app. Then, of course, people stand right in front of the window blocking the fireworks. Pop did give me a free fast pass for any ride for screwing up my key. However, when I went to use it, they said they gave me the wrong color paper. In the end, I guess I didn't realize Pop century was a motel. I would rather eat at Texas Roadhouse more than any of the table service or signature dining restaurants. I think the food quality and food selection is horrible. All the extra desert parties are a waste, as I thought they might be, as people will still stand in front you. In the end, it was a learning experience, I haven't been to wdw since the 90s. I won't be going back in the next few years, but maybe in 5 years for the kids, but I will have a different plan all together.

Even when the room request section of online check in is "working", which is a rarity the last couple years, the options are pretty useless or don't make sense. It's best to call the Main reservation line and add any room requests to your reservation. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out.
Agreed. We use the online request system, but we don’t often get the request. Just requested lake view at Pop and was assigned to building 8 (no lake view). My best luck has been going to the desk and asking for a reassignment. We did that this time and were switched to a lovely, lake view room.

Has anyone had success getting connecting rooms? I know it's considered a request.. With the rates coming out today it's cheaper for us to get two rooms at Pop, than a family suite at AoA. My Mom has never stayed at Pop and I really think she'd enjoy it.
I keep getting put in connecting rooms- and I don’t want them. I can hear everything our neighbors say through the connecting door. I know a lot of people seem to want them, but It would seem they aren’t that hard to come by, since I keep getting them and don’t want them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter