Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a safety issue as people were swimming when lifeguards were not on duty. There was a drowning at Pop a few years ago. Pool fences are now locked unless lifeguards are on duty. This is the same at all Disney resorts.

I was concerned about the look of the fences too but honestly I don't even notice them! I think they did a great job when they put the fences in and am thankful for the safety feature even though it means we miss out on a bit of our after park swimming time. Safety first.

I agree, the fences are barely noticeable. We were there when they were putting them up around the HDP, I wasn't sure how it was going to look, but they did a good job.

When we were there during the day, the gate was closed, but it wasn't locked (this is for the 60's pool because that's the only one we used).
The 3 POP Pools remain unlocked during Lifeguarded hours(they do not require MagicBand activation).:)

Oh my...that is terrible! I guess I understand the need for a fence. So all Disney pools have it now?

On the topic of pools, does anyone know why the computer pool has the step up/down? The white stripe isn't very obvious; I feel like it should be painted a bright red. My DD and I both fell down the step last month. This was our first swim at this pool; usually we're at the hippy dippy pool. We weren't expecting this step and didn't see the white stripe. I lost my balance momentarily, but my DD was wet from the pool and totally wiped out. She had lots of scrapes and bruises, and I had to carry her back to our room. I informed the activities/pool manager of this and asked why the stripe isn't painted a more obvious color. He seemed not to know but told me he would take my idea into consideration and then gave us two FP to use at Epcot the next day...that was unexpected and nice but certainly not the reason I had complained. I just wanted to inform someone that kids who are wet and slippery can easily fall on that step and get really hurt.

All 3 Pools are fenced and locked during non-lifeguarded hours.

"Most likely" hours for the first 2 weeks of September are 9:00 AM-11:00 PM.:)

Thanks for your reply. I hope they are open until 11. I love that the possibility is there to go swimming after the parks if you want.

Thanks for your reply. I hope they are open until 11. I love that the possibility is there to go swimming after the parks if you want.
This might happen but I would also be prepared for them to close earlier. When we were there the 2nd week of September in 2016 we had to forego the evening swim as all pools were closed by 10pm.

It was a safety issue as people were swimming when lifeguards were not on duty. There was a drowning at Pop a few years ago. Pool fences are now locked unless lifeguards are on duty. This is the same at all Disney resorts.

I was concerned about the look of the fences too but honestly I don't even notice them! I think they did a great job when they put the fences in and am thankful for the safety feature even though it means we miss out on a bit of our after park swimming time. Safety first.

View attachment 320079

Thanks for posting the pictures. The pools look great. I agree, from the pictures, the fences are barely noticeable.

This might happen but I would also be prepared for them to close earlier. When we were there the 2nd week of September in 2016 we had to forego the evening swim as all pools were closed by 10pm.

Thanks for the information. We are fortunate enough to be going for two weeks and have a couple "pool days" in our schedule so I know we will get to swim for sure at some point.

We are fortunate enough to be going for two weeks and have a couple "pool days" in our schedule so I know we will get to swim for sure at some point.
The "early" portion of your trip(especially close to Labor Day)you should have a GREAT shot at an 11:00 PM close.:)

You may get the 11:00 PM close for all of your trip,but I think the worst close you will be looking at for all of your trip is 10:00 PM.

The Bowling Pool is our favorite-usually not crowded and the Bowling Pool Soundtrack is awesome(lots of Elvis!).:)

Would it change the per night price? I've noticed the per night price completely changes depending on dates and number of nights. I'd hate to drop the 3 nights, and then have the per night price skyrocket.

I don't think so, sometimes it makes it even cheaper, I did this once but with one of Disney's discounts at POR, and it made our weekend trip even cheaper!

The "early" portion of your trip(especially close to Labor Day)you should have a GREAT shot at an 11:00 PM close.:)

You may get the 11:00 PM close for all of your trip,but I think the worst close you will be looking at for all of your trip is 10:00 PM.

The Bowling Pool is our favorite-usually not crowded and the Bowling Pool Soundtrack is awesome(lots of Elvis!).:)

Well that is awesome! I had no idea that there would be music around the Bowling pool. I guess I was thinking of the Bowling pool and the Computer pool like the quiet pools at Riverside.

Well that is awesome! I had no idea that there would be music around the Bowling pool.
So awesome-it is great Music from the 1950s-we sometimes just sit out there to listen to the Music for a while on our way to Classic Hall when we stay in the 1950s.:)

Be sure to bring some BIG quarters for the "Jukebox"(it is FOUR storied tall!)!:)
31072704002_d823b2c2f4_c.jpg

So awesome-it is great Music from the 1950s-we sometimes just sit out there to listen to the Music for a while on our way to Classic Hall when we stay in the 1950s.:)

Be sure to bring some BIG quarters for the "Jukebox"(it is FOUR storied tall!)!:)
31072704002_d823b2c2f4_c.jpg

I so want this view and the chances are slim w/ a Standard Pool View in mid July. :-(

The Standard Pool View rooms are nearby though so I have some hope.
They are!!

Hoping for you sake that you'll be able to stay in a 50's Standard Pool View room in July that has been refurbished. It will be a close call as there may be one building that still has old style Standard Pool View rooms that are not yet refurbished. It's hard to tell. Hopefully by the time you go they'll be working on those rooms and you can get the section you want with a refurbished room!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter