Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if POP! participates in Tables in Wonderland? The All-Stars and AoA do, but i'm getting conflicting reports about POP!. 'Don't want to embarrass myself in the food court. Thanks!

Does anyone know if POP! participates in Tables in Wonderland? The All-Stars and AoA do, but i'm getting conflicting reports about POP!. 'Don't want to embarrass myself in the food court. Thanks!
Yes they do! Stayed at POP in February and used our TIW card the whole time!

Yes, and hopefully the CM taking your payment will know this as well. The first time I tried using our TiW card at the Pop food court, I was told I couldn't use it there. I assumed the CM was correct and didn't try again until the last day we were there and I saw someone else using one. I was annoyed I hadn't tried using mine again after I was told I couldn't our first night there!

Yes, and hopefully the CM taking your payment will know this as well. The first time I tried using our TiW card at the Pop food court, I was told I couldn't use it there. I assumed the CM was correct and didn't try again until the last day we were there and I saw someone else using one. I was annoyed I hadn't tried using mine again after I was told I couldn't our first night there!
Oh, that's awful. I'm so sorry that happened to you. Well...they'll never get away with that again, right?

What is TIW
Tables in Wonderland. It is a discount card available for purchase to annual pass holders, DVC members, and I think also FL residents. It offers a 20% discount on food and drinks at most table service restaurants and QS locations at select resorts.

My question is regarding the pools at Pop. I understand that they all have fencing around them. Is it just the main pool that is locked and the Bowling Pin and Computer Pool unlocked like the satellite pools at Riverside.

Also, if all pools are locked, does anyone know the hours that the pools would have for the first two weeks in September. We love coming back from the parks and swimming (that is if we don't sit when we get in the room ... if we do then it is all over and we are sleeping instead of swimming):fish:

My question is regarding the pools at Pop. I understand that they all have fencing around them. Is it just the main pool that is locked and the Bowling Pin and Computer Pool unlocked like the satellite pools at Riverside.

Also, if all pools are locked, does anyone know the hours that the pools would have for the first two weeks in September. We love coming back from the parks and swimming (that is if we don't sit when we get in the room ... if we do then it is all over and we are sleeping instead of swimming):fish:
All 3 Pools are fenced and locked during non-lifeguarded hours.

"Most likely" hours for the first 2 weeks of September are 9:00 AM-11:00 PM.:)

I can answer the portion about the locking. All Pop pools are locked when lifeguards are not on duty.

I'm not sure about pool hours in September. When we were there 2 years ago I believe they were something like 9am - 10pm at Hippy Dippy. Not positive though nor sure of other pool hours. When we were at Pop in Jan the Hippy Dippy opened at 10am but the Computer pool did not open until noon.

It has been a few years since I have been to POP and I know they have changed things, what is in the rooms, is it just shampoo and conditioner or is there soap or lotions? tia

The pools are fenced in and locked now? What an eyesore. Why? I just booked a preffered pool room. Not happy to be looking out at a fence.

The pools are fenced in and locked now? What an eyesore. Why? I just booked a preffered pool room. Not happy to be looking out at a fence.

Compared to people in their swimsuits, the traffic that the pool draws..and the loud noises coming from the area. I think the fence is the least of the worries there. I booked a regular preferred because I did not want to see all that traffic to the pool everyday. But in the end I would stay in a room overlooking a trash container if it meant a stay at Disney!! :rotfl2:

Lol! The traffic and noise does not bother me at all. It is actually kinda relaxing and helps me sleep. The fence, though? Ugh... so do we open it with our magicbands? Or does it get unlocked and just stay open during swim hours? Was it put up because people were swimming out of the open hours or pool hopping? Noise at night? What is the point of it?

It was a safety issue as people were swimming when lifeguards were not on duty. There was a drowning at Pop a few years ago. Pool fences are now locked unless lifeguards are on duty. This is the same at all Disney resorts.

I was concerned about the look of the fences too but honestly I don't even notice them! I think they did a great job when they put the fences in and am thankful for the safety feature even though it means we miss out on a bit of our after park swimming time. Safety first.

Hippy Dippy Pool.jpg

Attachments

• Bowling Pin Pool.jpg
    Bowling Pin Pool.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 29
Surprised to see my Sept dates (9-11) are sold out - I expected September to be slower than April was (it wasn't even that busy)

Lol! The traffic and noise does not bother me at all. It is actually kinda relaxing and helps me sleep. The fence, though? Ugh... so do we open it with our magicbands? Or does it get unlocked and just stay open during swim hours? Was it put up because people were swimming out of the open hours or pool hopping? Noise at night? What is the point of it?
When we were there during the day, the gate was closed, but it wasn't locked (this is for the 60's pool because that's the only one we used).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter