Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used the TA that offers great discounts and I put trip on Disney Visa to take advantage of the "6 months 0% interest" offer but when I got my card statement the trip was not listed with this promotion. I called Visa and was told offer only applies to vacations booked directly with Disney Travel and does not apply if you book through "3rd party TA".
OH, that's too bad, so sorry. It started off as a good plan.

Yes, we added the dining plan and paid for that. We also got park hopper passes. But the discount was for the room, and we saved more than the PSD. I know this because when we first called that morning for PSD, they offered me Music Resort, and we didn't want to stay there. We would have saved $ 500.00 to book Music. We already had POP reserved. She saved us more than that offer. But their offers are also limited, so when they come out you have to get on it right away. It's worth checking into for the future.
Wow that’s pretty good! I’ll have to remember that for next time.

Wow that’s pretty good! I’ll have to remember that for next time.
Yes, they can be better than the Disney Discounts and I had no problem getting their discount versus the whirl wind of trying to get the Disney one...phone calls, on line, waiting and waiting and not getting what you want....ugh! But everyone has different needs, so you just never know what the offers will be. But...if you hook up with a TA they will send you their deal announcements through email. It just happened to work out with our time frame to visit. You just never know.

So i did online, phone and fax and didn't get my requests at all. Requested 80/90 I'm in 50s, I AM MISERABLE. This is our first visit to Disney. I am so unhappy right now. I am going to cry. Ever since 8:00pm I can hear every single nearby flush, peep and noise in this room, every toilet, sink, sound in surrounding rooms and it's sounded like someone's taking a hammer above our room and banging for a friggin hour. I can't do this for more nights. I am So disappointed.

Looks like people didn't get the hint @dansdad.[/QU
I don't think I broke the rule about listing other TA's or their agencies, I simply mentioned I got a good deal. I wasn't trying to give names or websites etc. Just for clarification purposes, is this an infraction as well?

So i did online, phone and fax and didn't get my requests at all. Requested 80/90 I'm in 50s, I AM MISERABLE. This is our first visit to Disney. I am so unhappy right now. I am going to cry. Ever since 8:00pm I can hear every single nearby flush, peep and noise in this room, every toilet, sink, sound in surrounding rooms and it's sounded like someone's taking a hammer above our room and banging for a friggin hour. I can't do this for more nights. I am So disappointed.
Have you requested a room change through the Front Desk since being assigned the 50s?

They have always tried to give me the room I want.

If you don't get anywhere the first time,wait a while and try again.

Also tell them you don't mind moving in a day or 2 if nothing in 80s/90s is available today.

@ThistleMae, please read the post @dansdad linked to. It clearly says we need to avoid all discussion of external travel agencies including using Google. Please do not discuss this any further, for any reason.

This thread is about Pop Century. Let’s keep it on track.

Just got back from a whirlwind 3.5-day trip. We got a renovated room in building 9 (80s section) and loved it for the most part, and Pop remains our top choice in terms of values.

Positives: the room was still shiny and new; great storage space (we were 3 women and there was enough space to completely unpack our bags); beds were comfortable; not a ton of noise bled through from other rooms, which is something I was worried about-we could hear when our neighbors were in their rooms but it wasn't so bad that we could hear their conversations or anything); we had pretty great luck with the buses except for one 30-minute wait on Friday afternoon for a Disney Springs bus; CMs were all friendly and upbeat and very helpful.

Negatives: the selection at the food court leaves something to be desired (we would have walked over to AoA but didn't have time, so we just made do); the toilets are super loud-we heard the flushing from all of our neighbors; the floors of the new rooms get dirty very quickly-we did decline housekeeping, so that may be less of a problem if you don't do that; construction noise (I assume from the lake) was loud during the day.

My friend and her husband ended up with a first floor room in building 9 and they also liked it. Their only complaint was that housekeeping came on their third morning even though they'd declined it at the start of their trip.

How are hair dryers at pop? Ladies- do you bring your own or use the one provided? I have pretty low maintenance hair and usually just air dry, but I’m worried about air drying when it’s cold on January mornings.

How are hair dryers at pop? Ladies- do you bring your own or use the one provided? I have pretty low maintenance hair and usually just air dry, but I’m worried about air drying when it’s cold on January mornings.
I use theirs and really like it. Low maintenance hair also. I actually wrote down the brand so that I could look for one for home but so far no success.

I remember reading some time ago that the fax number on the first post isn't accurate anymore. Can someone please confirm for me what the current number is?
Thanks!! :flower1:

I have never heard about declining housekeeping before. Is this something new at Disney resorts?

Can you explain what that is?

I am going solo, so not a problem with enough towels. What do you do about garbage?

I believe it's still in testing, but right now, you're able to decline housekeeping in exchange for a Disney gift card for $10 per night minus one. So we stayed three nights and got a gift card for $20. I had done online check-in and we got our room-ready text before we got there, so I went to concierge to decline housekeeping. I was told at the concierge desk that if I'd gone to the desk to check in instead of using online check-in, they would have offered it to me there.

We're never in the room except to shower and sleep, so trash never built up to the point that we had to do something with it...maybe someone else can chime in there. For towels, we just hung ours up and re-used them, but you can call housekeeping and they'll bring you fresh ones.

It's very new at Disney resorts. But it's been around for at least 5 years in the hotel industry.
We just recently declined housekeeping at a boutique hotel in San Francisco. We received $10 for a 2 night stay, but the credit could only be used for the minibar

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter