Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

How are the toiletries in this resort? We’re not very picky, but unsure if we should bring our own. We’re flying and doing carry on only, so any space saved is helpful. My biggest concern is the shampoo/conditioner. Ladies- is this good enough? I typically use herbal essences, garnier, Pantene etc

How are the toiletries in this resort? We’re not very picky, but unsure if we should bring our own. We’re flying and doing carry on only, so any space saved is helpful. My biggest concern is the shampoo/conditioner. Ladies- is this good enough? I typically use herbal essences, garnier, Pantene etc
I would also like to know this. I always loved the orange smelling shampoo they had with the Mickey ears so I was a little sad to hear they switched to this new kind with no Mickey on it.

They are not too big, they are about the size of the shampoo and conditioner that was before the Mickey ears. But if you get new ones every day I would think it would be ok.

Phone-in request, online check-in (before it was broken) and fax had not put me up where I was hoping. I had to go to the front desk for my Magic Band, and asking nicely, being sincerely enthousiastic about my stay at Pop and meeting a super sweet CM did it. I really love the new room and coffee on races morning will be a life saver! Thanks everyone for this helpful and friendly thread!

I just got back. I haven't had much luck with the H2O line but decided to give it a go as it was a different one than I've tried before....I have fine straight short-ish hair. I absolutely can not use these hair care products. They are not moisturizing and so my hair felt rough and the don't de-tangle at all. The soap itself was fine (but again I felt a little dry using it). I'm not sure about the smell. I don't think it's pine because I'm allergic to cedar/pine and it didn't make me sneeze.

At Pop now and we have no water in Building 7. I called and they said it’s a water main break affecting this building and one other with no ETA for getting it fixed. I’m in definite need of a shower. This is not getting my MK day off to a good start. Any suggestions?

An hour in line at concierge scored me a room in Building 3 to shower and 3 extra FPs for missing park opening. But, now door in my original room won’t fully close or lock so I’m stuck here until maintenance comes. Hoping this day turns around soon!

I'd try the locker room by the pool (hopefully before a bunch of other people get that same idea) or go to the front desk (don't call since you'll just get a CM in a call center) and ask what your options are.

I was there during the water outage and due to some very unhelpful and snotty responses from a phone CM (yes I know it was a call center but they actually knew exactly what was going on and I was just looking for an explanation and a time line so that I could decide what to do) I did go to the front desk that afternoon and make a complaint about the interaction.

I'm not sure how many unhappy people they talked to but I'm thinking it was a lot and I'm thinking that the phone center PO'd a lot of customers because the manager did not have a very good poker face when he talked about the phone CM's.

He did put a bunch of bonus FP on my December trip for the snotty interaction. So while the water outage was annoying, Ariel at POP was a trouper!

WOW!!! A lot has been going on. I hope they were able to fix the water main issue. My question is, is there a certain form to use to fax over a hotel room request? I did have my AAA Travel Agent add the information that we requested along with online check in. Since we have two groups going, I just want to try to keep us all close or in connecting rooms. Plus be in the 70s area.

I'm struggling to understand the refurbished room situation. On some sites, it sounds like it goes until Summer 18, on Touring Plans, the pictures are all new & I don't see mention of which are (or are not). Pop official site pictures are still of the old rooms (carpets). I chatted on Disney with a service person who said there were no renovations/refurbishments going on at Pop. Anyone have a reliable answer?

I'm struggling to understand the refurbished room situation. On some sites, it sounds like it goes until Summer 18, on Touring Plans, the pictures are all new & I don't see mention of which are (or are not). Pop official site pictures are still of the old rooms (carpets). I chatted on Disney with a service person who said there were no renovations/refurbishments going on at Pop. Anyone have a reliable answer?

The resort is most definitely undergoing a refurbishment. The current permits for construction expire at the end of April 2018 but at the pace that the work has been happening, it seems like it will take longer than that and the permits will be extended. You can follow the progress on this thread (post #2 in the thread will indicate which buildings have been completed and which ones are being worked on.). Disney most likely won't update their pictures until the refurbishment is complete. And phone cast members consistently give out incorrect, outdated, and inconsistent information. Some times that is because they simply don't know or don't have the information and sometimes it's just what they've been told to say if someone asks. The person you talked to may not have had the correct information, or they may have been told not to indicate that there are renovations taking place as that might cause people to not book a room at that resort.

The resort is most definitely undergoing a refurbishment. The current permits for construction expire at the end of April 2018 but at the pace that the work has been happening, it seems like it will take longer than that and the permits will be extended. You can follow the progress on this thread (post #2 in the thread will indicate which buildings have been completed and which ones are being worked on.). Disney most likely won't update their pictures until the refurbishment is complete. And phone cast members consistently give out incorrect, outdated, and inconsistent information. Some times that is because they simply don't know or don't have the information and sometimes it's just what they've been told to say if someone asks. The person you talked to may not have had the correct information, or they may have been told not to indicate that there are renovations taking place as that might cause people to not book a room at that resort.

We updated post 2 of the thread link provided earlier today. All of the current refurbishment stats can be found there. Thanks for providing the link @bluezy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter