• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here at Pop now. Offer is a black backpack with bright Mickey heads (lime green, fushia ... etc) ($24.95 I think) and/or a towel that folds into a back pack.($14.95 I believe)

I haven't noticed any 'special' cupcakes in the food court. At AoA we got a large 'turtles' cupcake in a carry case - still sitting in our room because we are always full lol. Just a note, if on DDP and you eat at AoA, they have let us trade out drink for snack/cupcake/side salad (we have eaten there 2 times and been told yes to this switch both times) BUT at Pop, we have not been allowed (tried twice). We were allowed to get a milkshake/iced coffee for our drink at Pop though.

Currently it is running. We asked/received promo when we checked in on Monday. Still happening:-)

Yikes, that's REALLY disappointing about them not allowing you to get a side/snack for your drink. We'll be down in a week and was def. planning on not getting drinks (we'll have mugs anyway.)

Here now, my husband and I were just talking about this... we have a queen at home and this bed feels a lot smaller. And we have two dogs at home... there is a lot of pillows due to the Murphy bed, maybe that's why? I have a hard time believing this bed is a queen.

I've seen videos of guests measuring them and both beds are 60×80, which is queen size.

BUT at Pop, we have not been allowed (tried twice). We were allowed to get a milkshake/iced coffee for our drink at Pop though.
Well that sucks. We usually swap the drink for a dessert because we share most our meals to be able to try more things and eat often and not feel overly stuffed. Guess I'll be getting bottled soda/water to bring to the park.

They really should make it a universal rule that ddp qs credits are for an entree and dessert/extra side at the resorts since ddp comes with mugs. :mic: off my soapbox

Well that sucks. We usually swap the drink for a dessert because we share most our meals to be able to try more things and eat often and not feel overly stuffed. Guess I'll be getting bottled soda/water to bring to the park.

They really should make it a universal rule that ddp qs credits are for an entree and dessert/extra side at the resorts since ddp comes with mugs. :mic: off my soapbox

ITA, I'm going to plan on trying, but if they say no, hopefully the bridge is open and I'll go eat at AoA. It is frustrating.

Anyone there now or just back that can say whether the food court has a good selection of fresh cupcakes now? Last year Pop had switched to mostly all "Whoopie" pies and we weren't fans of them. We loved the cupcakes before so I'm hoping they have switched back away from the Whoopie pie fad.

There was one full size cupcake with Mickey ears on it and then the rest were the whoopie pies. There may have been a little cartoon with 4 mini brownie/cupcakes but my daughter was being too crazy & I didn't get to check them out.

Here now, my husband and I were just talking about this... we have a queen at home and this bed feels a lot smaller. And we have two dogs at home... there is a lot of pillows due to the Murphy bed, maybe that's why? I have a hard time believing this bed is a queen.

I've seen videos of guests measuring them and both beds are 60×80, which is queen size.

This is one of the mattress tags. You can see where it says 60 X 79 inches = Queen

IMG_2954.JPG

Thanks everyone for answering about the cupcakes. That's disappointing that Pop is still doing the Whoopie pies instead, as I love Disney cupcakes. However, the not allowing the drink substitution really sucks. If they say no to us too, we'll also go over to AoA. Sounds like they have some cupcakes anyways so we might like it better. We ate there a few times last trip too.

Thanks everyone for answering about the cupcakes. That's disappointing that Pop is still doing the Whoopie pies instead, as I love Disney cupcakes. However, the not allowing the drink substitution really sucks. If they say no to us too, we'll also go over to AoA. Sounds like they have some cupcakes anyways so we might like it better. We ate there a few times last trip too.

I don't think that we are going to eat at Pop again on this trip - we are in building 5 (60's lake view) so crossing the bridge to AoA isn't much farther than going to Pop food court. Plus, we like the food at AoA better (build your own pasta, braised ribs -these have been good). Real silverware is nice too. Better selection of desserts IMO (and you can swap out drink for dessert at AoA). Hope those of you coming down have better luck swapping out at Pop.

Can anyone tell me if we could fit a twin size air mattress in a standard room if we are not able to get a refurbished room with queen beds?

Can anyone tell me if we could fit a twin size air mattress in a standard room if we are not able to get a refurbished room with queen beds?

Yes. If you get a non-refurbished room, there will be space for an air mattress. There are a few places that people have put them in the room but I think the most common ones are to put it along the wall where the connecting door would be/is (if you're not using that door) or put the mattress along the wall where the table and chairs are and move the table & chairs in front of the window (or somewhere else).

It does not appear (by taking measurements) that an air mattress will fit anywhere in the refurbished rooms.

I don't think that we are going to eat at Pop again on this trip - we are in building 5 (60's lake view) so crossing the bridge to AoA isn't much farther than going to Pop food court. Plus, we like the food at AoA better (build your own pasta, braised ribs -these have been good). Real silverware is nice too. Better selection of desserts IMO (and you can swap out drink for dessert at AoA). Hope those of you coming down have better luck swapping out at Pop.
You must be my neighbour! We're right on the end closest to the lake. If you stop by, bring me some face towels. I forgot to call housekeeping today. :rotfl:

This is my plan if I don't get a refurbished room. Does anyone know if we can find out if our room request was granted before we depart so that I dont have to unnecessarily pack an air mattress

Just a note, if on DDP and you eat at AoA, they have let us trade out drink for snack/cupcake/side salad (we have eaten there 2 times and been told yes to this switch both times) BUT at Pop, we have not been allowed (tried twice). We were allowed to get a milkshake/iced coffee for our drink at Pop though.
That will really annoy me. I will walk to AOA if that is the case. I do not need 2 drinks and the kids sure dont need a milk shake with every meal.

This is my plan if I don't get a refurbished room. Does anyone know if we can find out if our room request was granted before we depart so that I don't have to unnecessarily pack an air mattress
In the non-refurbished rooms yes, in the refurbished it doesn't look like they will fit.

This is my plan if I don't get a refurbished room. Does anyone know if we can find out if our room request was granted before we depart so that I dont have to unnecessarily pack an air mattress
I've never heard of anyone at any resort being able to find out what room they are getting unless you have a late flight, I've heard of people with late flight getting room ready text before they leave.

That will really annoy me. I will walk to AOA if that is the case. I do not need 2 drinks and the kids sure dont need a milk shake with every meal.
Any other reports? In the dining plan forum, people reported the opposite. Swap drink for dessert at Pop, but not AoA.

If you've done online check-in and indicated your arrival time, you'll find out your room number about 30-60 minutes before you arrive (or you could also get a text at that time indicating your room isn't ready -- and they won't tell you the room number at that point).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter