Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received an email about our upcoming trip and that there will be construction happening at the resort. Should I change resorts? What will be affected?

Thanks

My understanding (if it's the same thing) was that some rooms are being refurbished, but they're keeping noise to between 10am-4pm, so can't imagine it being a problem. This is for my booking in March 2018 though so whether it will differ for you I don't know. When is your booking for?

I just received an email about our upcoming trip and that there will be construction happening at the resort. Should I change resorts? What will be affected?

Thanks
Pop is a huge resort and only 1 or 2 buildings are being refurbished at a time so it's quite easy to avoid the construction. I wouldn't give it a thought other than to request bring away from the construction when you're close to checking in if you think you might need quiet between 9am - 4pm.

Thanks

My understanding (if it's the same thing) was that some rooms are being refurbished, but they're keeping noise to between 10am-4pm, so can't imagine it being a problem. This is for my booking in March 2018 though so whether it will differ for you I don't know. When is your booking for?

Cjtigger, basically what chudlyfudly said. It also appears that they are only working on one building at a time and atleast to date they are just working on a one wing at a time.

When is your trip? If your concerned about the noise/construction, you could always request a building that is away from whatever building they are working on. We go in a month and while we're not excited about construction, we're not worried about it. We actually wouldn't mind getting refurbished rooms.

Things have been crazy lately. I hate when real life interferes with my Disney planning, but we are finally able to do the double digit dance.

97 days until we are back at Pop, our first trip in almost 5 years. So excited to see all the changes at both the parks and the resort. This is our first trip since they started using FP+ so I am working on touring plans now and figuring out FP times etc. We have booked a Standard Pool View room so I figure by August our chances of a renovated room are 50/50. I don't really mind whether we get a new room or not, it is just myself and my sons in the room. We are traveling with my father and his girlfriend so we did not make any room requests except for connecting rooms. Just excited to be heading back to Disney and Pop Century.

Does anyone here leave a tip for mousekeeping? if so, how much, often and where?

Yes usually $5 a day. I leave it at the foot of the bed. I have also made envelopes to put the tip in that had a Disney graphic and said "Mousekeeping" on the outside.

Does anyone here leave a tip for mousekeeping? if so, how much, often and where?

We leave $5/day and $8-10 on the last day as I know there's more work involved when they turn over the room. We leave the tip in an envelope marked "Thank You Mousekeeping" (My daughter writes that in Disney script and then adds some other artwork/stickers to the envelope) on the table or nightstand where it's obvious that it's for them. We tip on a daily basis as you don't necessarily have the same Mousekeeper every day.

Will the refurbished rooms still have double beds? I thought I had heard that there would be one queen bed plus a Murphy bed.

Will the refurbished rooms still have double beds? I thought I had heard that there would be one queen bed plus a Murphy bed.

The main bed will be a queen, with space underneath for storage and the Murphy bed should be a double.

Thanks guys! I found some cute printable mousekeeping envelope templates online that I'll print out and do myself, or use it as a project for my nieces if I see them this month.

Well hopefully get our connecting rooms and I'll do one envelope, for both. Still need to figure out how much, but I'll probably do $5 or $6 a day and extra for the final day.

Just an FYI these rooms are being totally gutted, carpet out, baths redone, walls added/changed, permanent furniture installed, new flooring. When we were there is was very loud outside. I don't know how it is in a room nearby as we were not. If you are sleeping in the day time, I would ask for room away from construction.

Does anyone have pictures of the new rooms? I have been searching online but don't see any.

Does the food court not open until 6am? The website shows hours from 6am-12am, but I could have sworn my last trip I had gotten coffee earlier than 6.

I haven't read all 348 pages so maybe this was answered already:
It is my understanding there are not coffee makers in the room. Can one be requested from housekeeping? If not, what coffee solutions have people come up with for a single parent with two children that NEEDS coffee to function and get them out the door? Asking for a friend.
Last time I went, I shipped an electric water kettle (like $10 or so and not very big) directly to Pop (I was flying and trying to conserve space in my luggage) and brought a bunch of VIA's. Worked out well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter