• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
71 days till I arrive for my first stay at POP!

I know there is No Real Answer for this and it's Always Different and it's Pointless to Ask, but...

If you've stayed at POP multiple times, have you found an average/more common than not length of time for ME from getting off the plane to getting off the bus at the resort?

In 4 annual trips to POFQ, I've always been the 3rd stop after OKW and Saratoga, and it has always taken right at 90 minutes.

What are the odds I beat that going to POP?

I've stayed at Pop six times. I'm here at Pop right now.

Once the Magical Express bus leaves the airport, the driving time is 35-45 minutes. First stop is AoA, then Pop. At least twice I've been impatient. I get off at AoA and walk across the bridge while the driver is still unloading AoA luggage. Sometimes we stop for lunch at AoA and I get my first fill of the refillable mug before walking across the bridge.

Yesterday only a few people got off at AoA, so I stayed on the bus until we got to Pop.

I am brand new to the whole WDW experience, so forgive me if my questions have already been answered a million times.

The 50's section sounds great for us (plus my daughter has been in a strange Elvis phase lately ). How far is the 50's lake view from the lobby?

And how to I request a certain area and when? We are going in late January.

So happy to hear towels are now available at the pool! That saves me trying to figure out how many we'll need for morning showers and only using extras to take to the pool. Great improvement at Pop!!

The last time we stayed at Pop we took ME to AoA, got off here and did an animation class before walking over to Pop. Thankful the 2 resorts are so close as we really like AoAs food court.

I am brand new to the whole WDW experience, so forgive me if my questions have already been answered a million times.

The 50's section sounds great for us (plus my daughter has been in a strange Elvis phase lately ). How far is the 50's lake view from the lobby?

50s section is about 5 min walk (if that) to the lobby. At 60 days prior to your trip you can do online check in and it allows you to make 2 requests (ie section, floor, Lake view, etc).

How far is the 50's lake view from the lobby?

1950s Lake Views are approximately 5 minutes from Classic Hall.:)

Just call Disney at anytime and have your requests added to your Reservation.

Some Guests also Fax their requests to the Resort.

I am probably the only Guest who does this but I SNAIL MAIL my requests to the Resort 10 days before arrival and I have received my requests every time!:)

If you arrive and your requests haven't been met,ask again for them and tell them you don't mind waiting until later in the day if a room meeting your requests isn't ready at that time.

Last edited:

And don't forget to bring some quarters for the Jukebox-some BIG ones!:)

30883323880_b1989af8ab_c.jpg

1950s Lake Views are approximately 5 minutes from Classic Hall.:)

Just call Disney at anytime and have your requests added to your Reservation.

Some Guests also Fax their requests to the Resort.

I am probably the only Guest who does this but I SNAIL MAIL my requests to the Resort 10 days before arrival and I have received my requests every time!:)

If you arrive and your requests haven't been met,ask again for them and tell them you don't mind waiting until later in the day if a room meeting your requests isn't ready at that time.

Thank you!

I have heard handles are making a comeback to the mugs. Is there still a chance of getting mugs without handles? Please let me know my preference is without handle as it is better for stacking at home and for my car cup holders.
Here now and have not seen any without handles.

I have heard handles are making a comeback to the mugs. Is there still a chance of getting mugs without handles? Please let me know my preference is without handle as it is better for stacking at home and for my car cup holders.
Here now. All mugs available have handles...pink, purple, red, blue are the color choices. I was hoping for no handles as well because we already have a bunch of mugs at home with handles, would have been a nice change. Have fun regardless!

Does anyone have an approximation on how long it would take to tour POP? Normal paced walk with stopping to take a few pictures here and there.

Does anyone have an approximation on how long it would take to tour POP? Normal paced walk with stopping to take a few pictures here and there.

I walked over from AoA to look around, and spent about an hour looking at the shadow boxes in the lobby, and about 45 minutes walking around the other buildings. I didn't bring my camera with me on that stroll, so you would need to add some time for taking photos. The boxes in the lobby are so full of detail that you can spend a lot of time there - or depending on your age and whether any of the items are of interest, you might spend very little time checking them out.

It's very likely been posted but I can't find it, what is the fax # to send in room request? TIA. I'm going to do online check in as well.

Hi all. I was at Pop two years ago and for the life of me can't figure out which is the Hippy Dippy pool. I am assuming it's the main one we spent most of our time at behind the main hall? I just recently realized there was so much of the resort that we didn't see. I didn't know there was a lake or a playground or a computer pool. I did see the bowling pin pool. We are going back at the end of Feb, beginning of March. Will the Hippy Dippy pool still be closed? I booked a preferred room, but we would love a lake view. Is there a specific building I should request? Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter