• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm heading to Pop in February for a week - going with a friend as we're running at the Princess Half Marathon weekend. I'm actually stupidly excited because despite living and working at Disney World for a year, I've never been to Pop or AoA (I know, crazy right? I just never got around to visiting). I love trying to get myself a good room location at Disney resorts so I've been looking in to Pop's layout a bit. We decided to forego the preferred room in order to pay for an extra night so we're working with standard room restrictions here. I've been researching what I can but I thought the best people to ask for opinions are those who are familiar with the resort.

We're hoping for a room that's not too far from the main building and busses. Doesn't have to be right next to it, but not waaay out in the sticks. I would also like to be a reasonable distance from the running path/lake/bridge to AoA. We're not particularly fussed about being right near a pool or which level of the building we're on and whilst I'm not crazy about smoking areas, being near one wouldn't be a game changer. My thoughts are that the lake-facing/non preferred rooms in the 60's section would suit our needs. When requesting a room, if I just said "60's" section, do you think I would stand a good chance of getting what we're looking for? I don't want to be too specific and end up being disappointed.

Just got back on Saturday. I had no alarm clock in my room which was building 10. Didn't need one since I was there to see Sugar Ray at the Eat to the Beat concert series for 3 days and woke up when I felt like it. I also had no cell reception in my room but did have WiFi which is what my phone usually calls off of since I live in the boonies. The smoking section use to be next to the door to the main building until 2012 when they moved it to where it is now.

I just tried to send a fax through. Can anyone verify that (407) 938-4039 is the correct number? Thanks!

We just spend 10 nights at POP. Sept. 21-Oct. 1. It was a great stay and we really had no complaints. We usually request top floor of the 70s and were granted our request (building 10). We find it to be a quiet location but still close to everything.

- No alarm clock in our room.
- Rented a car so only used buses a couple times, but the waits were always short.
- Had to visit concierge a few times and waits were short and everyone was nice and helpful.
- Food court was good. Sometimes busy but manageable. Worst was when we were checking out on Saturday morning. Craziness and had to wait a long time.
- 1 elevator in our building was out of order for a few nights of our stay. A little annoying since we have to use it for our stroller, but overall not an issue.
- Everything looked clean to me, but definitely noticed signs of age and wear down around the resort. Looking forward to the refurbs they have planned.
- Wifi worked great our entire trip. TV was a bit spotty on some stations.
- Mousekeeping was good. Always did a good job and left extra towels.
- We needed bedrails and they were deliveried to our room quickly. We also pushed the beds over which provided more space for our stroller which was nice.

If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to answer. :)

Was this an item you ordered while you were there or prior to your arrival?

I was playing around in the app the other day and noticed that you could ship directly to the resort starting two days before your arrival and was thinking of ordering a couple things that way in the hopes that they would be waiting for us when we arrive, but haven't been able to find any experiences so far.
I ordered the item while I was there and an option is to pick it up at the gift shop.

We just spend 10 nights at POP. Sept. 21-Oct. 1. It was a great stay and we really had no complaints. We usually request top floor of the 70s and were granted our request (building 10). We find it to be a quiet location but still close to everything.

- No alarm clock in our room.
- Rented a car so only used buses a couple times, but the waits were always short.
- Had to visit concierge a few times and waits were short and everyone was nice and helpful.
- Food court was good. Sometimes busy but manageable. Worst was when we were checking out on Saturday morning. Craziness and had to wait a long time.
- 1 elevator in our building was out of order for a few nights of our stay. A little annoying since we have to use it for our stroller, but overall not an issue.
- Everything looked clean to me, but definitely noticed signs of age and wear down around the resort. Looking forward to the refurbs they have planned.
- Wifi worked great our entire trip. TV was a bit spotty on some stations.
- Mousekeeping was good. Always did a good job and left extra towels.
- We needed bedrails and they were deliveried to our room quickly. We also pushed the beds over which provided more space for our stroller which was nice.

If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to answer. :)

Do they have takeout containers so you can take food back to the rooms?

Do you know if Pop meals including kids meals include a drink if you're paying out of pocket?

Are you still able to set up character wake-up calls?

Do they have takeout containers so you can take food back to the rooms?

Do you know if Pop meals including kids meals include a drink if you're paying out of pocket?

Are you still able to set up character wake-up calls?

Yes to all 3 questions. They have plastic lids that snap onto the tops of the paper plates.
Kids meals include a drink.
We loved the character wake up calls. I have a tendency to sleep through my cell alarm while at wdw so the wake up calls are a must for us. The phone rings nice and loud and I hit the speaker button so it wakes up DS lol

Here at Pop now checking out Sunday the 9th. I was blessed by a guest before me with a coffee pot that she couldn't take home. Anyone checking in between the 9th and the 16th need a coffee pot. I can leave at bell service.

Interested if it's still available.

We left because of the hurricane. Just got home to PA hope everyone is safe.

Last edited:
Does anyone have updated photos and/or has stayed at one of the refurbished rooms? I will be there in early December( yipppeeee!!!:stitch::tigger:)
and am curious about the Murphy bed situation. Do they only have mugs without handles now or do they have both??
I thought the pool was open till midnight. Guess too many people complained about the noise so late at night.
Oh well...Thanks

Last edited:
Does anyone have updated photos and/or has stayed at one of the refurbished rooms? I will be there in early December( yipppeeee!!!:stitch::tigger:)
and am curious about the Murphy bed situation. Do they only have mugs without handles now or do they have both??
I thought the pool was open till midnight. Guess too many people complained about the noise so late at night.
Oh well...Thanks

My room in September was not updated, so I cannot help with that.

When I visited, there were only handle-less mugs. No handles in sight.

Oh well...Thanks
The rooms haven't been refurbished yet

Here at Pop now checking out Sunday the 9th. I was blessed by a guest before me with a coffee pot that she couldn't take home. Anyone checking in between the 9th and the 16th need a coffee pot. I can leave at bell service.

We are checking in on the 10th and would love the coffee pot!

Getting ready to leave today, we've had a great stay. We are tired. The extra days we had to stay to get a flight home after Hurricane Matthew wore us out. We were already tired from our long trip. Sad to leave, but ready to be home.

Getting ready to leave today, we've had a great stay. We are tired. The extra days we had to stay to get a flight home after Hurricane Matthew wore us out. We were already tired from our long trip. Sad to leave, but ready to be home.
We are just missing each other. We will be there in 3 hours or so. We've been driving all night. Just got the text that our room is ready, which is great because I've been up since 7:30am yesterday. I'm looking forward to a nap! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter