• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to use The Google to find answers to my next three questions but I couldn't come up with anything definitive.

My questions are:

1- What is the status of alarm clocks in the rooms? Are they completely gone?

2- Are all rooms equipped with "real" hair dryers yet? Or are they still swapping them out?

3- I know there is an HDMI outlet on the televisions but do they also have USB outlets?

TIA!

I did start to comb through these posts but I got to page 10 before I threw in the towel.
Just got back Saturday night and I had an alarm clock in my room. Also a hair dryer too.. was really glad I didn't bring mine! I didn't know they didn't have the ones on the wall anymore... they never work on my hair.. so was gonna bring my own but forgot it. This was a normal size hairdryer and worked perfectly! As far as the USB port I'm not sure. I didn't look. Hope you have a magical trip! :)

Just got back from Pop after a 8 night stay. Must say it was awesome and in many ways liked it better than our DVC location.
- Buses were always available and the wait was never really long maybe 5-10 minutes.
-Disney Springs the new bus area I did not like for POP we had to take the super long walk around to get to the 2nd to last stop. With tired kids it was a hike!
- The room was great for the 3 of us. To include the curtain in the sink area made it easy for changing
- I will say the TV was patchy when trying to watch Stacy or other Disney Promo channels.
- We stayed in the 60's and there was no cell reception but had great wifi
- Mousekeeping was wonderful. No towel animals but they did arrange the blankets and stuffed animals each day.
- The grounds were very clean. We watched them clean the floor daily near the pool. Minus a few frogs and slugs they were the only critters we saw.
- Reception was great and the line to speak with someone was not long at all.
- we did find a full hairdryer, alarm clock, and a safe in the room.
- The water pressure was good and the hot water was everlasting. We did notice at peak times the water was a little cooler but nothing bad.
-I do wish the towel size was larger. I was shocked at how small they were.
- The food court was fast and fresh. We did notice that during peak times the forks were often empty but another location would have them. We did not use our mugs often mainly because it was hot and water was so much better than soda, the coffee was good!
- the Disney shop app did fail as our item never made it to POP, BUT they are mailing the item free of charge.
- The kids area had nice couches and cartoons which my girls loved as we were waiting for DME.

I hope this helps a little!

*Swam in the flower pool.One lap petal to petal is about like one lap of a 1/2 olympic pool. Roughly. You just need to keep your eyes open with goggles and dodge small floating children.
*Pools have lifeguards until 10pm, but are open until midnight!

When I was at Pop in June, a man kept swimming circles around the hippy dippy pool. He seemed totally oblivious of anyone else in the pool.

During both my March and June trip, when the pool was closed and the lifeguards were off duty, the gates were locked. Too bad. Years ago on a December trip, I'd get back from the parks late and just soak in the bowling pin pool.

I tried to use The Google to find answers to my next three questions but I couldn't come up with anything definitive.

My questions are:

1- What is the status of alarm clocks in the rooms? Are they completely gone?

2- Are all rooms equipped with "real" hair dryers yet? Or are they still swapping them out?

3- I know there is an HDMI outlet on the televisions but do they also have USB outlets?

TIA!

I did start to comb through these posts but I got to page 10 before I threw in the towel.

1. Some have them, some don't. If your room doesn't have one, call Housekeeping and ask for one.

2. Yes.

3. No.

- the Disney shop app did fail as our item never made it to POP, BUT they are mailing the item free of charge.

Was this an item you ordered while you were there or prior to your arrival?

I was playing around in the app the other day and noticed that you could ship directly to the resort starting two days before your arrival and was thinking of ordering a couple things that way in the hopes that they would be waiting for us when we arrive, but haven't been able to find any experiences so far.

the rehab/closing schedule is showing room refurbishment in select bldgs 10/12/16 - 12/23/16. When will we know which buildings? And will I be able to request one for our January stay? Any thoughts?

we are able to do our online check in now and we have a standard room booked. If I select upper floor 60's section as my preferences, am I safe to assume it will be a lake view? from what I understand there are no standard rooms that face the pool correct?

DD11 and I are going this week too! This will be my second stay at Pop.

Yay!! I hope it's not crazy busy. But we had hard time booking with a discount and lots of restaurants are already booked. I hope it's not to bad. Do you know where you want to stay?

Yay!! I hope it's not crazy busy. But we had hard time booking with a discount and lots of restaurants are already booked. I hope it's not to bad. Do you know where you want to stay?

We were in the 70's last time. It was a great location near the main building. I think DD11 wants to be in the 60's.
How about you?

I was able to book BOG. That's really the one one she cared about.

We were in the 70's last time. It was a great location near the main building. I think DD11 wants to be in the 60's.
How about you?

I was able to book BOG. That's really the one one she cared about.

I wasn't able to book BOG. :( But we were able to get everything else we wanted. But I'm still checking daily for it. So hopefully.

We have always stayed in 90's or 80's. we never request just get where they put us. I'd be happy with those again. They are normally quiet and close to the busses. We aren't terribly picky lol.

the rehab/closing schedule is showing room refurbishment in select bldgs 10/12/16 - 12/23/16. When will we know which buildings? And will I be able to request one for our January stay? Any thoughts?

I think those dates are only for the computer pool refurbishment. The permits (as well as other reputable sources) indicate the room refurbishments will run from November 2016 - February 2018 (or something close to that -- I can't find the specific dates but I know it's the end of this year, all of next year, and a few months into the following year). I have no idea if people will be able to specifically request a refurbished room during the transition. But if you're going to be there in January, I'm guessing there won't be very many (if any) rooms ready yet.

So we just got back yesterday and had a fantastic stay at pop!! We were there for 8 nights! We were in building 6 in the 70's, great location. My only complaint is that we had to walk by the smoking section every time we went back to our room.

Bus lines were long , but buses kept coming and we didn't wait longer than 10 min for a bus! :) I think we waited longer to get checked out for food than we did to catch a bus!
It was a great trip! Can't wait to go back!!

Yes! Same complaint about the smoke. We just got back from 4 days yesterday. Building 10 in the 70's section. It was a perfect location, 30 second walk to the food court for all those mug refills :-). But you had to walk right by the smoking section, which always had smokers. Weird that they would put it there, right next to the main building. It was really annoying, but my only complaint. We had a great time. Not big enough for my family of 5 though (only 2 of us were there this time) so booked a bounceback to try out POR next year!

we are able to do our online check in now and we have a standard room booked. If I select upper floor 60's section as my preferences, am I safe to assume it will be a lake view? from what I understand there are no standard rooms that face the pool correct?

Yes, that is correct, but as someone pointed out to me a year ago on this thread, you are requesting a very small portion of the rooms, which might make your request harder to fulfill. I ended up requesting top floor and lakeview, and got a room on the first floor in 50's, barely lakeview (right in the corner, I think it was 3125?). So you can try, but no guarantees!

Here at Pop now checking out Sunday the 9th. I was blessed by a guest before me with a coffee pot that she couldn't take home. Anyone checking in between the 9th and the 16th need a coffee pot. I can leave at bell service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter