• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Online check-in or not?? We are arriving first part of Nov. we are flying in and will arrive at 10:45pm. So my question is... is it better to do online check-in or wait and check-in at the desk. We are requesting 60's lakeview as it is our fave. Also I am sending a room request through Touring Plans. Thanks so much or all your help, can't wait to be home again!!!

Is there really any difference between talking to Pop Century directly (I've been told this by cast members? v0v?) and having touring plans send along a fax for room requests?

Another question, does it change much daily say in a week ?
No,it doesn't change daily or even weekly.

It just changes seasonally-winter will have shorter hours than summer,etc.

Also,Pool Hours are not "uniform" across property-hours can vary from Resort to Resort and even,at times,from Pool to Pool in the same Resort.:)

Online check-in or not?? We are arriving first part of Nov. we are flying in and will arrive at 10:45pm. So my question is... is it better to do online check-in or wait and check-in at the desk. We are requesting 60's lakeview as it is our fave. Also I am sending a room request through Touring Plans. Thanks so much or all your help, can't wait to be home again!!!

Our past two trips, we did online checkin with Touring Plans faxed in request. It was great great getting off the plane (around 1:00) and getting email that our room was ready! The first time it was the exact room we requested, second time it was three rooms away.

I was so excited to get to our room, we got off the Magical Express bus at Art of Animation! Okay, one time we ate lunch at AoA before going to our room.

Maybe on a first trip it's fun to go through lobby and check in. I'm didn't miss it.

Last edited:
We've almost always gotten a text that our room was ready on the bus or even before we landed that our room was ready. I would do online check in. Never used Touring Plans. We got preferred room when we had booked standard, and last trip we knew had pool view (didn't book it or want it, but it was the only option).

Arriving so late, I would do online check in and of course bring your luggage with you.

I have a couple check-in/parking questions that someone may know the answers to...

On the day we check in to Pop, we are doing Discovery Cove. Our plan is to drop the car off at Pop at about 6:45 a.m., then Uber/Lyft over to DC. We are doing online check-in so we're hoping to get the text with our room number sometime throughout the day. Here are my questions:

• In my online check-in options, I selected "Arriving before 7:00", but is there any chance a room would be assigned that early in the morning? (I understand, of course, that this is assuming there is even an empty, clean room at that hour.) If so, we'd love to drop our luggage off in the room instead of leaving it the car. I've checked the arriving early box, but I wasn't sure if that would apply to such a super-early morning check in.

If it's not really possible to get a room assignment that early, then I can change our online check-in options to reflect arriving at 5:30 p.m. and we'll just leave the luggage in the trunk. It'll be late October so it shouldn't be too hot to do that...

• If we can't get a room that early, will security still give us a parking pass at that time in the morning knowing we're checking in later that day?

Thanks for any info/insight! :-)

Last edited:

I have a couple check-in/parking questions that someone may know the answers to...

On the day we check in to Pop, we are doing Discovery Cove. Our plan is to drop the car off at Pop at about 6:45 a.m., then Uber/Lyft over to DC. We are doing online check-in so we're hoping to get the text with our room number sometime throughout the day. Here are my questions:

• In my online check-in options, I selected "Arriving before 7:00", but is there any chance a room would be assigned that early in the morning? (I understand, of course, that this is assuming there is even an empty, clean room at that hour.) If so, we'd love to drop our luggage off in the room instead of leaving it the car. I've checked the arriving early box, but I wasn't sure if that would apply to such a super-early morning check in.

If it's not really possible to get a room assignment that early, then I can change our online check-in options to reflect arriving at 5:30 p.m. and we'll just leave the luggage in the trunk. It'll be late October so it shouldn't be too hot to do that...

• If we can't get a room that early, will security still give us a parking pass at that time in the morning knowing we're checking in later that day?

We are checking in that early too. I put the same online check in request my guess is that a room will not be ready. We are going to check out bags at luggage services I don't feel comfortable leaving them in the car. It's my first time driving but my understanding is that now you use magic bands to get into parking lot so if you have those you will be good to go.

We are checking in that early too. I put the same online check in request my guess is that a room will not be ready. We are going to check out bags at luggage services I don't feel comfortable leaving them in the car. It's my first time driving but my understanding is that now you use magic bands to get into parking lot so if you have those you will be good to go.

Ahh, that's great info about the magic bands... Thanks!! :-)

I agree with you that the room most likely won't be ready, but we're ok with leaving the luggage in the trunk (we won't have much). If all goes well, we'll get the text with our room number during the day. Then we can skip the front desk altogether when the Uber driver drops us off from Discovery Cove. We'll just grab the luggage/move the car and head straight to the room.

Ahh, that's great info about the magic bands... Thanks!! :-)

I agree with you that the room most likely won't be ready, but we're ok with leaving the luggage in the trunk (we won't have much). If all goes well, we'll get the text with our room number during the day. Then we can skip the front desk altogether when the Uber driver drops us off from Discovery Cove. We'll just grab the luggage/move the car and head straight to the room.
I wouldn't have a problem except I have a hatch back so you will be able to see everything. I know it's the happiest place on earth but I just don't know. Sounds like you have a plan!

I wouldn't have a problem except I have a hatch back so you will be able to see everything. I know it's the happiest place on earth but I just don't know. Sounds like you have a plan!

Very good point! Haha!

Thanks again for the info and have a magical trip! :earboy2:

I'm just curious why you're using uber to get to discovery cove if you have a car? I have no insight, just nosey. :D

10 days and i'll be at pop for the first time with my DD! Can't wait!

Hello everyone!

I'm finally back on the forums and can't wait to be at WDW in January, just in time for my wife's birthday.

This time, we'll be travelling with two kids, as our family just got bigger.

Feeding the baby won't be a problem, but we'll need whole milk (which I guess is 3.25% here in Quebec) for our older son.

Is it easy to find at Pop?

Thanks in advance :)

Hello everyone!

I'm finally back on the forums and can't wait to be at WDW in January, just in time for my wife's birthday.

Feeding the baby won't be a problem, but we'll need whole milk (which I guess is 3.25% here in Quebec) for our older son.

No whole milk, it's only 2% kind that I've seen. We always asked our doctor about it and they said for a trip it's fine to give the lower fat.

...It's my first time driving but my understanding is that now you use magic bands to get into parking lot so if you have those you will be good to go...

Ahh, that's great info about the magic bands...

Just a single experience during my last visit...on my arrival day, I tried to use my Magic Band to open the guest gate (in the guest gate lane) and it did not work. The security guard had to help us. Once we had actually used the Magic Bands to enter our room at Pop (we had expedited check-in, no desk visit required) we could use the bands with the gate. So in the future, on check-in day, I'd go the security guard lane like in the past.

Just a single experience during my last visit...on my arrival day, I tried to use my Magic Band to open the guest gate (in the guest gate lane) and it did not work. The security guard had to help us. Once we had actually used the Magic Bands to enter our room at Pop (we had expedited check-in, no desk visit required) we could use the bands with the gate. So in the future, on check-in day, I'd go the security guard lane like in the past.

Good to know! Thanks :-) We'll definitely do that, then.

Hello everyone!

I'm 99% sure you can buy 1/2 gallons of whole milk at Pop Century. I know we've bought them at AoA as recently as June of this year (and I have pictures of one in my fridge from our trip last year). I would assume that Pop Century carries the same thing.

Hello everyone!

I'll be there in a few days, I'll try to remember to look!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter