• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone stayed in room 4424 60's section building 4? We're in route and received room ready text. From the map, seems exactly what I wanted (even though request was 50's/close to elevator). Also, seems the emailed phrase "show ID at online check in desk" is generic. I know some have to, but I can indeed bypass check in straight to room.

I wonder if it's a difference in the "type" of case. Maybe there were more bottles or larger bottles in the $16.99 than the ones that are $6.99. I can't imagine why else the cases would be $16.99 at AoA (and that's right on the shelf) and sometimes $10 cheaper across the bridge. I also saw them for $16.99 at another resort but for the life of me I can't remember which one. $6.99 for a 24 pack of 12 oz bottles of name-brand water would be a normal retail price around here (though you can get them for less than that when they're on sale) so I'm surprised that Disney would sell them for anywhere close to a typical retail price. The $16.99 price sounds more "Disney". :D It's great that some people are able to get them for $6.99 but that has not been our experience at Pop or AoA in our last two trips -- it's always been $16.99 so I just want people to be aware that they *might* get the case for $6.99 but they should be prepared for it to be $16.99. I've definitely seen other reports (on other threads/message boards) that the water was $16.99 at some resorts and $6.99 at others.

I've never seen cases for $16.99 so don't know the details of them. But the cases for $6.99 have 24 of the 12 oz bottles. I've personally seen these at:

Sports
Music
Movies
BC
YC
BWI
POR
POFQ
CBR
GF
Poly
CR
WL

Has anyone stayed in room 4424 60's section building 4? We're in route and received room ready text. From the map, seems exactly what I wanted (even though request was 50's/close to elevator). Also, seems the emailed phrase "show ID at online check in desk" is generic. I know some have to, but I can indeed bypass check in straight to room.
I was in 4122 in April, so almost directly below you. Very short walk to the foodcourt/pool/busses.

I've never seen cases for $16.99 so don't know the details of them. But the cases for $6.99 have 24 of the 12 oz bottles. I've personally seen these at:

Sports
Music
Movies
BC
YC
BWI
POR
POFQ
CBR
GF
Poly
CR
WL

I could dig out my photos and receipts and ask my son if he still has his receipt from last month to prove that we actually paid $16.99 for 24 12-oz bottles at Pop and AoA. I don't know why some people are charged more than others, but I know we're not the only ones who have had to pay $16.99 -- everyone who has bought them at AoA over the last year has seen (and I'm assuming been charged) the $16.99 that is right there on the shelf label. It really doesn't matter -- people should assume it's going to be the higher price and be pleasantly surprised if it's the lower price (or I suppose they could assume it's going to be the lower price and be upset when/if it's the higher price). We were expecting $6.99 last year but weren't upset to pay $16.99 as we were aware that many people had reported paying that price -- it was still cheaper than buying individual bottles. Same for this year - hoped for $6.99, paid $16.99. I'm actually surprised that you've seen *any* price at all of those resorts. We've eaten or grabbed snacks at the Poly, Contemporary, POFQ, AKL, ASMo, ASSp, AoA, and Pop in the last year and the only place I actually *saw* the cases of water (and I was looking for them to find the elusive $6.99) was at AoA. No one else even had them out on the shelves. We had to ask for it at Pop. I'm not saying that you *didn't* see them, just that I've seen people mention that one day they see cases of water in the food court/gift shop of whatever resort, and the next day they don't. The cases of water seem to be very hit or miss as far as being available and at what price. So you obviously have really good timing. :)

How often do they update the movies by the pool list? We'll be there in 19 days and would like to know what will be playing. :-)

How often do they update the movies by the pool list? We'll be there in 19 days and would like to know what will be playing. :-)

The August schedule should be up soon.

POP does Tuesdays and Thursdays and AoA does Mondays and Wednesdays with both Resorts doing Friday/Saturday/Sunday.:)

Last edited:
First time at the Pop and wondering what time we should get in line for MK buses if wanting to arrive for 8:15am with a 9am opening?

That seems a little early to me, but it guarantees you'll get there in time - that's for sure.

I guess it depends how crowded the parks are when you are going.

A scenario we have run into multiple times:

Get to the bus stop at 7:15 just as the bus for MK is pulling away.
Next MK bus pulls up at 7:45 (buses don't run as frequently until 1 hour before park opening)
Bus pulls out at 7:50
Bus pull up to MK at 8:05

OP wanted to be at the Gate at 8:15. That leaves an extra 10 minutes for the possibility of loading an ECV or 2 on the bus or a little bit of traffic, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter