Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
wonder what the bathroom is like in this new rooms!
I'm wondering that too! I am also curious about the privacy curtain, it looks like in that picture there is a sliding partition type thing hanging from the wall by the bed. I'm guessing this is the new privacy curtain but it slides across?

I'm also wondering about the lack of artwork. It's pretty bare.

I kinda like it! And...coffee maker!!!!!!!!

I just wish it had been done in blue vs green/red. Looks a little dated, color wise..

I don't know if you guys know but the Pop is going under refurb as permits have been filed. The refurbishment will last until December 2017. Here is the look of the new rooms.

Just wondering did you mean December 2016 for the refurbishment to last till? And are some of the rooms done now? Staying at Pop for our first time this December would love to be able to have a new room. Also are there anymore pictures of the bathroom area?

Just wondering did you mean December 2016 for the refurbishment to last till? And are some of the rooms done now? Staying at Pop for our first time this December would love to be able to have a new room. Also are there anymore pictures of the bathroom area?
No permits expire in Dec. 2017 which means it will last until then. Only the test rooms are done the refurb hasn't gotten underway yet. The photos I have shown are of the test rooms.

No permits expire in Dec. 2017 which means it will last until then. Only the test rooms are done the refurb hasn't gotten underway yet. The photos I have shown are of the test rooms.

Thanks for the info, cant wait to check out Pop Century.

Parking question- We will be guests at Pop Century, and we will not have a car. I have other family members staying at another resort (Non-Disney property) and they would like to meet us at the Pop Century for dinner on our first night (we didn't tell the kids that their Grandma, Aunt, Uncle, and cousins are going to be there the same time as us, and it's a surprise!). They have a car, and will need to park. How does the parking for non guests work? Can they get parking validated if they show a dinner receipt? Thanks for any help.

There is no problem with parking at a resort to eat there! Enjoy your trip!

Just checked in last night. Not sure what's wrong, but our 50s Lakeview room was infested with tiny bugs- like gnats. Front desk said they're having a hard time with them this year for some reason. We were moved to a bug free non Lakeview room. We've never had a problem with bugs, even in a Lakeview room :(

Just checked in last night. Not sure what's wrong, but our 50s Lakeview room was infested with tiny bugs- like gnats. Front desk said they're having a hard time with them this year for some reason. We were moved to a bug free non Lakeview room. We've never had a problem with bugs, even in a Lakeview room :(
Oh gosh! That's not good. Glad they could move you, but sorry you had to lose your lakeview. Hope they figure this out soon.

We had that problem once at Coronado Springs I think (though it could have been pop). They were in the sink coming out of the overflow drain hole. Thank God that was where they stayed. I washed a lot of them down the drain. Had they gone around the room I would have moved out too!

I kind of like the new room refurbs. It may look sterile, but I rather have it clean. Also, the Murphy bed will give us more space as it is usually just DGF and I.

I just requested a quote for three Pop Century Rooms. I was last there in February, and was not expecting to be visiting again so soon. However, I have a friend with three teenaged kids with Disabilities, and their dad died. She wants to treat them to a "Disney" trip, so I said I would help. I am excited to be going back again, and I know the kids will have a great time. Pop is a cool resort. We will have a rental car. I am glad mom said, she would drive. It will be an asset, since we are doing 7 nights Pop, followed by 3 nights Universal. The kids also want to go to Sea World. I might even get the chance to get away at the first Halloween Party of the season. We will be celebrating two birthdays. Mine, and a 16 year old, only boy in the party. They also have an aunt coming along to help with the kids.

I have a million questions still, despite all my past trips, several those were solo. So I am new at multiple rooms, and that means I have a lot to learn about how the magic bands work for a group of 6 in 3 separate rooms. The group is splitting up, 1, 2, and 3.

X
I have a million questions still, despite all my past trips, several those were solo. So I am new at multiple rooms, and that means I have a lot to learn about how the magic bands work for a group of 6 in 3 separate rooms. The group is splitting up, 1, 2, and 3.

Sounds like a neat trip in the making. Good luck with everything.
Not exactly sure what your questions about magic bands are but maybe I can help. We have gone with my daughter and her family the past two summers. First time, we had separate rooms that were not connected. We wanted to be able to bring the baby back for his naps and would need to be able to get into their room. They made the babies band so that it would open their door so that we could get in. Don't think they could make ours open two different doors. Last year, we had connecting rooms so it was a non-issue...as long as we both remembered to leave the connecting doors open when we left. Maybe you can get two of the rooms as connecting. We did find out that you can't get two King rooms connecting. At least one of them has to be doubles. Probably not an issue for your group.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter