• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never stopped at a photographer. Crazy, huh? We just take our own pics. We did go to the free Visa Character Meet n Greet and they gave us a card with our number on it to turn in at the photo shop to pick up our pictures. Still no help. i'm so sorry:o

That's okay no worries! I take our own pictures too and have photopass photographers take one with my camera as well. It's just me and my daughter so I'd love for my husband to see all the ride photos, and possibly videos, since he won't be with us this time. My daughter is much taller this trip so she'll be able to brave new bigger better rides! Thank you anyways though! :thanks:

Flight arrives at 830pm will you still get your bags that night from magical express?

If it were me, I'd get retrieve them myself and bring them on the bus. Technically it's not too late, but you would have to allow a few hours for them to possibly deliver them. It may very well be after midnight. I wouldn't want to worry about them not coming until the next morning (I've heard many stories of that happening). I'm also a control freak, and have only used the luggage delivery service once (arriving in the morning).

Where do I find out info on this? I just got my disney visa and want to tAke advantage if it :)

The meet and greet is in Epcot, in one of the Innoventions buildings.

Also: ground floor rooms- do they all have external doors? Thinking this would be great for being able to sit outside after kids are asleep...doable? I mean I've sat in the hallway of great wolf lodge just outside our room with beer, uno, and the baby monitor but outside at WDW sounds better lol. Especially if we were to luck out with a lake view!

All of the rooms open out onto an exterior walkway, even on the ground floor (bordered by bushes on the other side of the wallkway), which isn't exactly wide. You would have to take your inside chairs out and put them in the little alcove next to the door in order to not block people from walking by, but that is likely next to another person's door as well (which, FTR, is not exactly soundproofed).

Where do I find out info on this? I just got my disney visa and want to tAke advantage if it :)

Also: ground floor rooms- do they all have external doors? Thinking this would be great for being able to sit outside after kids are asleep...doable? I mean I've sat in the hallway of great wolf lodge just outside our room with beer, uno, and the baby monitor but outside at WDW sounds better lol. Especially if we were to luck out with a lake view!

If you go to Chase.com and set up your account, there is information on their website about all the Disney benefits you get for being a card holder. =)

The character Meet and greet is open daily from 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at Innoventions West in Future World. The character appearances vary from visit to visit so you never know who you will get a picture with but that is half the fun!

We have always had a 4th floor room until our last trip and we were assigned a ground floor room. I was a little disappointed when I first saw our room assignment but we loved the convenience of a ground floor room. All of the room have external doors but it is doable to move the chairs inside to the outside and if you end up with a room toward the end of one of the buildings, you would have a clear view of the lake.

Flight arrives at 830pm will you still get your bags that night from magical express?

I agree with happymommy, last year we had a flight that landed at 7:55. Even though it was so convenient not to collect our bags and go straight to ME, our luggage didn't get to our room until 2:30am. We were nervous that they wouldn't get there before morning so we were prepared to wear our same cloths if they didn't get delivered, then at 2:30 they knocked on our door and woke us up with our luggage :faint: I would definitely get my bags before I head to ME to avoid being woken. Landing at 8:30, gathering your luggage and then ME to POP will get you there between 9:45-10pm. Letting your luggage go will get you to POP about 30 minutes earlier but delivery of your luggage to your room is normally 3-4 hours later minimum.

The character Meet and greet is open daily from 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at Innoventions West in Future World. The character appearances vary from visit to visit so you never know who you will get a picture with but that is half the fun!

We have always had a 4th floor room until our last trip and we were assigned a ground floor room. I was a little disappointed when I first saw our room assignment but we loved the convenience of a ground floor room. All of the room have external doors but it is doable to move the chairs inside to the outside and if you end up with a room toward the end of one of the buildings, you would have a clear view of the lake.

Thank you! Worth a shot :)

From the pictures I can see the rooms have an exterior door but people keep talking about hearing other people walking in the hallways. So does it depend on the location if you have an exterior or interior door?

Also sometimes it's listed as a "tip" to take the A of A bus from the parks and walk over to Pop. Is it really helpful and approx how long of a walk is it?

From the pictures I can see the rooms have an exterior door but people keep talking about hearing other people walking in the hallways. So does it depend on the location if you have an exterior or interior door?

Also sometimes it's listed as a "tip" to take the A of A bus from the parks and walk over to Pop. Is it really helpful and approx how long of a walk is it?

All Pop doors are exterior. It is possible to hear people walk by your room but they are always outside at Pop.

We often take the AofA buses, visit their food court and then walk across the bridge to our room. How far it is to your room truly depends on where you are at Pop. We request the 60's buildings as they are closest to Generation Gap bridge. I guess taking the AoA bus adds Approx 5 mins to my walk but, if you were at a different century it could add substantially more to your walk.

46 days for me today so I think I am 1 day behind you. Can't wait!!

Wow, lucky! I paid about $500 per round trip ticket this time around :(

Another one at the 46 day mark! :D

I wasn't even planning on flying, it's only around a 6 hour drive, but when I saw the price it was a no brainier. It would have cost more in gas to drive down!

I just hit double digits until my trip! Already excited!

I wasn't even planning on flying, it's only around a 6 hour drive, but when I saw the price it was a no brainier. It would have cost more in gas to drive down!

I just hit double digits until my trip! Already excited!

Time will fly by. We're at 34 days now and it seems like we just hit double digits a few days ago :)

Hi Everyone!:wave:

I haven't stayed at Pop since 2009:eek: and I have a few questions. Let me preface this by saying that we are DVC members and I haven't had a "regular" resort stay in over 5 years so I am a little clueless...

I know that I will get a visit from Mousekeeping every day. What is included in these visits? In our room will be just my mother and I. With DVC, we reuse our towels and empty our own trash since we only get "service" once a week. So now that we are in a regular resort, will I get clean towels EVERY DAY:bitelip:? I like the idea of being able to use one towel for my body and one for my hair, but if I have to make them last 2-3 days, then I will stick to the one-towel method.

What about toiletries? Do they get replenished daily? What is included....just shampoo, conditioner and body wash? What brand is available at Pop?

Is there a coffee machine in the room? I don't drink coffee, but I'd like to be able to heat up some water to make my instant oatmeal for breakfast. My mother does drink coffee. If there is a machine, what kind is it? Would she need to bring her own coffee or is there enough supplied for 1-2 cups/day?

Tell me about the refrigerator...the last time I stayed there, they were not included so we'd ordered a styrofoam cooler from GardenGrocer and refilled it with ice every day. I don't think we will have too much refrigerated stuff...some soda, water bottles and maybe a few snacks (cottage cheese, yogurt, string cheese). Does the fridge get cool enough to safely store these items? Or is is more of a beverage cooler. We may have leftovers from our meals so will the refrigerator be big enough to store the take-out packaging?

Food court...can adults order kids meals without too much hassle? Neither of us are really big eaters so, particularly for breakfast, the kids meals are much better suited to our needs.

Laundry rooms...where are they? Does the app work for these rooms too? Are they coin-operated or is there a "cashless" method? I'm not sure I will do laundry, but I am so used to doing at least 1-2 loads per trip that I'm not sure I will be willing to pack extra clothing just to avoid doing a load or two.

That's really all I can think of for now:scratchin. I am really looking forward to returning to Pop Century. We have a standard room booked and I requested an upper floor room with a lake view (close to the GG bridge) so that we can easily walk to AoA and try out their food court.

If there's anything else I need to know...throw it out there:duck:!

Hi Everyone!:wave:

I haven't stayed at Pop since 2009:eek: and I have a few questions. Let me preface this by saying that we are DVC members and I haven't had a "regular" resort stay in over 5 years so I am a little clueless...

I know that I will get a visit from Mousekeeping every day. What is included in these visits? In our room will be just my mother and I. With DVC, we reuse our towels and empty our own trash since we only get "service" once a week. So now that we are in a regular resort, will I get clean towels EVERY DAY:bitelip:? I like the idea of being able to use one towel for my body and one for my hair, but if I have to make them last 2-3 days, then I will stick to the one-towel method.

What about toiletries? Do they get replenished daily? What is included....just shampoo, conditioner and body wash? What brand is available at Pop?

Is there a coffee machine in the room? I don't drink coffee, but I'd like to be able to heat up some water to make my instant oatmeal for breakfast. My mother does drink coffee. If there is a machine, what kind is it? Would she need to bring her own coffee or is there enough supplied for 1-2 cups/day?

Tell me about the refrigerator...the last time I stayed there, they were not included so we'd ordered a styrofoam cooler from GardenGrocer and refilled it with ice every day. I don't think we will have too much refrigerated stuff...some soda, water bottles and maybe a few snacks (cottage cheese, yogurt, string cheese). Does the fridge get cool enough to safely store these items? Or is is more of a beverage cooler. We may have leftovers from our meals so will the refrigerator be big enough to store the take-out packaging?

Food court...can adults order kids meals without too much hassle? Neither of us are really big eaters so, particularly for breakfast, the kids meals are much better suited to our needs.

Laundry rooms...where are they? Does the app work for these rooms too? Are they coin-operated or is there a "cashless" method? I'm not sure I will do laundry, but I am so used to doing at least 1-2 loads per trip that I'm not sure I will be willing to pack extra clothing just to avoid doing a load or two.

That's really all I can think of for now:scratchin. I am really looking forward to returning to Pop Century. We have a standard room booked and I requested an upper floor room with a lake view (close to the GG bridge) so that we can easily walk to AoA and try out their food court.

If there's anything else I need to know...throw it out there:duck:!

I love Pop! I hope you have a wonderful visit there! :)

Yes, you will get new towels/cloths/toiletries etc. The shampoo and conditioner is a combination, not separate,and no lotions. Sometimes they will make it a little fun too (but not always). Here is what we came back to one day.

from raw-1019 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-1020 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-1021 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

No coffee machines in the room, sorry. But there is a microwave in the food court, and hot water. And coffee is for sale in the food court as well.

The fridge is small. No freezer. You can see it in this picture. It was out of order that trip due to the fire in one of the other resorts that had been caused by a fridge.

from raw-9113 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I can't help with how the laundry rooms work, because I've never used them. They are located near the pools though. Each pool has a laundry room nearby. I hope that helped a little! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter