• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am 13 days away from my first Disney solo trip! Hope you love Pop and have a magical time! My DH and I love Pop, and usually do a split stay between Pop and WL or Poly.

Have a great trip! I've never did a solo trip before. You will be able to go at your own pace and discover some new things I would expect. If you can take lots of pictures!!

I just wanted to share my recent 10 ten day solo trip, which I stayed at Pop Century. I would have to say I am pleasantly surprised. The food court was very good and had many great food options. The staff was kick butt. They were so friendly and very kind to me. I have stayed at Wilderness Lodge, two previous times and nothing against them but the staff at Pop Century is hands down much better then them by far. They work as a team and it is fun to watch. The only negative was waiting for buses at the resort. It would take forever it seemed like but all in all it is just a minor issue. The room they gave me was in the 100 section and was really nice and spacious. Much more then I could imagine. Room service was nice as well. I asked for another blanket and they gave me one which was super nice as well. If I had to rate it out of five stars I would give Pop Century a 4 and a half stars.

Just booked a mother/daughter trip to celebrate dd turning 16 at the end of August. Can't wait to be back at Pop and WDW!!

We returned a couple of weeks ago from a wonderful stay at the POP!! I just discovered that I may have left a pair of shoes behind. Does anyone have experience retrieving lost items from the POP?

We returned a couple of weeks ago from a wonderful stay at the POP!! I just discovered that I may have left a pair of shoes behind. Does anyone have experience retrieving lost items from the POP?

Yes, I left my wedding ring in the safe when I checked out (my fingers swell in the heat, walking around). First I was sent to lost and found, then it took me a long time to actually get a hold of someone at the actual resort versus the central call place. Once I could talk to the on-site mangers, one was more helpful than the other (one said the maid would have found it and turned it in so I must have not left it). Then they couldn't go look in the room because it was already occupied. After a day or two someone at the resort managed to find the new room occupants in the room and they (occupants) let them (staff) look in the safe where they found it. From there it was pretty easy, they UPS'ed my ring back to me. Didn't charge me anything and they insured it. The whole process took a week or so.

Might be different though if the maid found the shoes and took them to lost and found.

How'd this end up buried on the third page?

Just decided to treat myself a bit and booked my Fall Break trip at Pop with Regular Dining instead of All Star Sports.

Excited to be heading back. Love the food court and the fact that I can sneak over AoA and their food court as well.

How'd this end up buried on the third page?

Just decided to treat myself a bit and booked my Fall Break trip at Pop with Regular Dining instead of All Star Sports.

Excited to be heading back. Love the food court and the fact that I can sneak over AoA and their food court as well.

Enjoy your trip! I love that walk around Hourglass Lake and Generation Gap bridge. It's so pretty. And it's nice to be able to see AoA as well.

This week is my ADR week and my flights should be out this week as well. Almost at the 6 month mark. LOL

Excited to head back to Pop in March! It has been awhile since we have stayed at Pop! I think the last time we were there work had not started on Art of Animation. Excited to check it out as well!

A few questIons.how far of a walk is it from the bowling pin pool to the main hall? When do magic bands normally get shipped out, how many days in advance? We have a tree reservation for the first night bit wanted a fun dessert. Are there any good choices at downtown disney? Our ds is 5 and are there any activities for him at dtd?

Please help me figure online check-in. Have you done online check-in at Pop Century? Do they text you your room number? If not, what is the point of online check-in?

Thank you!

Please help me figure online check-in. Have you done online check-in at Pop Century?!

I have not done it at Pop, but have done it multiple times at other resorts.

Do they text you your room number?!

If you are not traveling from Canada, have provided a credit card for room charging privileges, paid your entire balance and provided an email/cell number they will text you your room number when your room is ready.

If not, what is the point of online check-in?

Thank you!

It technically speeds up the check in process by taking care of some paperwork prior to your arrival. You can also make room requests and let them know approximately when you'll arrive in the hopes they have your room ready.

We are taking our kids for their first WDW trip in August & have booked 2 preferred pool view rooms!! We're very excited to stay here!

A few questIons.how far of a walk is it from the bowling pin pool to the main hall? When do magic bands normally get shipped out, how many days in advance? We have a tree reservation for the first night bit wanted a fun dessert. Are there any good choices at downtown disney? Our ds is 5 and are there any activities for him at dtd?

It's about a 2-3 minute walk from the bowling pin pool to the main hall. Downtown Disney has a train and merry go round (for a fee) and splash pads. Even walking around places like Lego and Rainforest Cafe can be a fun activity for your son. Where do you have reservations at?

If we do online check in, and we have carry on bags that we had on our flight, do we take Magic Express to POP, and then what do we do with our carry ons? Will they hold them someplace so we can go to DTD? If we need to go to POP, and talk to someone about holding the carry ons, does it even make sense to use the ME service where they get your suitcases? I'm trying to figure out the fastest way to go to POP and right to DTD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter