Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I thought making park reservations over a year in advance was sort of insane, but I went ahead and did it anyway. I have 8 park days, so I just grabbed 2 for each park. Once they tell us what things might actually be happening next December, I can always rearrange things to suit whatever Christmas events I want.

That makes since

Leaving in the morning for disney and our first ever stay at pop century! We usually stay at all star movies but i am super excited to try a new resort on this surprise mommy daughter trip!! (She still has no clue!! She finds out once we are in the car tomorrow! Shes probably going to say why arent we headed towards school... my reply will be we are skipping school and headed to disney!)
OMG so exciting. Some of my best trips are just Mommy/daughter trips, had one in February 2020. we are doing mommies/daughters trip Thanksgiving, my sister and niece are joining us...can't wait. I love PoP. We were at All Star Sports February, last minute trip and only resort left that was not ridiculously priced...let's say to us POP is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better. Enjoy your surprise trip

I didn't realize how much I tend to follow the same pattern until I showed my 11yo how to make park reservations for our trip next Sept (booked 13 months in advance this past Aug) and she booked all 8 park days the exact same way I would have! LOL! Creatures of habit we are!!

Back in the days when we could get a room at Pop Century at times for $49.00,did anybody dream we would one day see a $288.00 room!?lol

I have got to tip my hat to you Mickey! :)
We too remember the $49, now like you I am paying 4X the rate...but we have the spot for the 50th....
We are going to POP in Feb prior to our Star Wars Cruise. We have stayed there several times.

Is any part of the 60s buildings standard rooms? I didn’t see it on online checkin. If so, do I just call and put in my room request?

Arriving tomorrow! When we were the here’s in August they didn’t have microwaves in the food court. Is that something I can request to have in the room?

Bookings are now open for the MK 50th Anniversary Celebration. I just booked POP for 9/29/21 to 10/3/2021.
Rack rates were $187, $197, $249 and $249 pre-tax, or $992.25 for room only, and $797 for two 3 day base tickets.
Package came to $1772.24 for two adults requiring a $200 deposit. Made park reservations at MK for 9/30 and 10/1...

Wow...I just checked Pop rates for 9/30-10/5 and over $200 a night

Arriving tomorrow! When we were the here’s in August they didn’t have microwaves in the food court. Is that something I can request to have in the room?
Unfortunately no. Microwaves are not in the food court right now and are not allowed in the room as they are a fire hazard. This question was asked of Disney within the past few weeks.

Regarding microwaves and other electrical appliances in rooms, as anticipated, any cooking apparatus such as microwaves, etc are NOT ALLOWED to be brought into rooms as they are a fire hazard.

Here is a link to the answer to my question from Disney: https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...rowave-oven-pop-century-food-court-no-435353/

Please be safe for the sake of your family as well as others around you.

Unless they've changed room categories very recently, yes. I was just in room 4413 with a standard room booked, checked in on 9/27.
I have been in the 60’s twice with a standard booking, and it is always in the lake facing rooms farthest from the elevators. It’s a bit of a walk with the luggage, but not bad otherwise.

I booked my anniversary trip (9/28-10/2/21) at Pop yesterday.

I have been in the 60’s twice with a standard booking, and it is always in the lake facing rooms farthest from the elevators. It’s a bit of a walk with the luggage, but not bad otherwise.

I booked my anniversary trip (9/28-10/2/21) at Pop yesterday.

This one wasn't lake view, but it was on the back of the building. It was the corner room closest to the yo-yo stairs by Petals. We were on the far opposite end of that hall last September in a standard room, too. We could see the lake and Skyliner from that room. I love building 4, so convenient to everything.

Currently sitting by the pool at Pop Century we are loving our say here! We will definitely be coming back I can't wait for hubby to come to this Resort as well I really think he's going to love it too I cannot remember what the prices were compared to All-Star Movies before covid happened I know it was a little more expensive but I can't remember exactly how much more but we will definitely have to make another trip back here Plus the Skyliner is a nice little bonus even though we aren't going to either of the parks that it Services it was nice to ride it and enjoy the view

Currently sitting by the pool at Pop Century we are loving our say here! We will definitely be coming back I can't wait for hubby to come to this Resort as well I really think he's going to love it too I cannot remember what the prices were compared to All-Star Movies before covid happened I know it was a little more expensive but I can't remember exactly how much more but we will definitely have to make another trip back here Plus the Skyliner is a nice little bonus even though we aren't going to either of the parks that it Services it was nice to ride it and enjoy the view
Awesome!

Don't forget to take a little time to check out the Shadow Boxes in the Lobby-they are amazing and also the "Year signs" on the walkway around Hourglass Lake are really interesting.

I have a packaged booked for August 2021 and was trying to make park reservations but it isn't recognizing the package for 2 people in my party - it is says that I can make reservations (I currently have a trip for December 2020 and have separate tickets for the trip). I tried linking the package but it says that I already have it linked. Any suggestions on how to get the package recognized so that I can make reservations?

Hello;
can anyone tell me if the coffee makers have been removed from the rooms?
if so, has anyone brought their own since the pandemic started And how did that go.
be safe everyone,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter