Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow...have they ever done a 3 hour morning emh before?
No,this is unprecedented for AM EMH and VERY cool!:)

AM EMH has never been longer than 1 hour.

Three hours in SWGE before it opens to non-EMH eligible Guests EVERY day of a trip is going to be amazing!

The 3 hour AM EMH will give "new" WDW Guests a sense of just how cool the 3 hour PM EMHs were before Disney shortened them to 2 hours!:)

Returned today from a 5-night stay at Pop Century. Requested 60s Lake View, 1st floor with a tub and received 50s Lake view, 1st floor with a tub. I thought the room was in a great location and quiet. Below are a few observations.
  • I was staying solo and the room was very spacious with the Murphy bed up. I really liked the floor plan and storage.
  • The room was very clean with the exception of the floor. I spilled a small amount of water on the floor and I used a towel to wipe it up and was surprised at the amount of dirt that came up. My socks were also filthy from walking on the floor.
  • I opted out of housekeeping and received a $40 gift card for my 5-night stay. Housekeeping cleaned the room on day one and tried to clean on day 2 but I was in the room and let her know I had opted out. I asked for more coffee and cups and they were refilled generously.
  • The first two days I had little black flies (not love bugs) coming into the room when I opened the door. There were no issues after day 2.
  • Days 3 I started to notice love bugs throughout the resort as I walked around. Not a major annoyance. My family that was staying at the Beach Club also reported them around their resort.
  • The coffee maker worked fine and is a great addition to the room. I purchased the Melitta Medium Road Senseo coffee pods from Walmart so I had no issues running out of coffee. I used a Brita squeezable water bottle for filtered water which worked great.
  • The fridge kept my groceries cold which helped keep my food expenses to a minimum.
  • A word of caution! The door stop is located directly in front of the window and behind the curtains. I jumped out of bed and ran to the window because I heard a very loud noise outside which resulted in smashing my little toe into the door stop. Toe turned purple and I limped around for the remainder of my trip. Not earth shattering but inconvenient. I let a cast member know at check out as a safety suggestion.
  • Buses - My only dislike at this resort. Wait times were always long and required multiple buses for the Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom. I utilized Lyft from Pop to Beach Club then either walked to Epcot or took the boat to Hollywood Studios. I usually only waited 2-3 minutes for a car and it took around 10 minutes door to door. Loved this option but I think the Gondolas will simplify this.
  • Airline check in at the resort was awesome! Took less than 5 minutes. It was great not to have to lug my bags to the airport and check in at the airport. I already had my boarding pass and headed straight to security. Loved this!
Overall, I enjoyed my stay at this resort and would definitely stay here again. All of the cast members I was in contact with were very pleasant and helpful. I think the rooms fit my needs when the parks are my main focus. I upgraded to an annual pass so I am pretty sure I will be staying at Pop a few times over the next year.

Glad you had a good visit!

As a girl who has lived in NYC for the past 13 years, I had to chuckle at the going to the window for a loud noise. Up here that is the last thing you do - you go as far from it as possible! :) Hope your toe feels better soon!

No,this is unprecedented for AM EMH and VERY cool!:)

AM EMH has never been longer than 1 hour.

Three hours in SWGE before it opens to non-EMH eligible Guests EVERY day of a trip is going to be amazing!

The 3 hour AM EMH will give "new" WDW Guests a sense of just how cool the 3 hour PM EMHs were before Disney shortened them to 2 hours!:)

That is the one thing that makes me think MAYBE I will go to Studios to do ToT and maybe TSL before going to another park. I figure the bulk of people will be heading to the new shiny.

Returned today from a 5-night stay at Pop Century. Requested 60s Lake View, 1st floor with a tub and received 50s Lake view, 1st floor with a tub. I thought the room was in a great location and quiet.

Interesting that this was exactly our requests last summer and for part one of our trip we were in building 4 but they had to move us for part 2 because they gave the block of rooms where I was in the 60’s to the 15’s tour group. They moved us to 50’s lakeview but in rooms closest to 60’s in bldg 3. We ended up loving that location. It was a shorter walk to the main building. They did meet all of our requests for tub and 1st floor. Other than the hassle of moving it was great in both rooms.

Oh dear, not super happy to hear the love bugs have materialized. I wonder how long they'll stick around. Hopefully they won't be too bothersome.

Oh dear, not super happy to hear the love bugs have materialized. I wonder how long they'll stick around. Hopefully they won't be too bothersome.
I think April/May and August/September are the time of year for the love bugs.

Last edited:
Does anyone have the info for the pillows that are in Pop? I’ve seen someone post a photo of the tag and I think it was here but can’t find it. I would love to order a few. They are so comfy!

Glad you had a good visit!

As a girl who has lived in NYC for the past 13 years, I had to chuckle at the going to the window for a loud noise. Up here that is the last thing you do - you go as far from it as possible! :) Hope your toe feels better soon!

It sounded like a plane was landing on hourglass lake which is why I ran to the window. Just read an article that the Blue Angels flew over Epcot on May 2nd. It appears the Blue Angels and a poorly placed door stop was the perfect combination for the demise of my little toe. :teeth:

It sounded like a plane was landing on hourglass lake which is why I ran to the window. Just read an article that the Blue Angels flew over Epcot on May 2nd. It appears the Blue Angels and a poorly placed door stop was the perfect combination for the demise of my little toe. :teeth:

If something like that ever happens in the future, I'd suggest going to First Aid at a park if you have time. They could take a look and at least bandage it for you to perhaps make walking a bit more comfortable. I realize there isn't much that can be done for broken or sprained toes, but it wouldn't hurt to see if they could help. :)

That's what I was afraid of. Hmm... We are flying Southwest. Might have to pack my pillow, even though it's a king-sized one.

Interesting. We are flying them too and always take an extra suitcase with food and stuff (like my teen’s creams and lotions and whatnot lol). I bet I could stick my one pillow into it too. Never thought about doing that.

We were there last week also and while we saw them they were zero problem.

Does anyone have the info for the pillows that are in Pop? I’ve seen someone post a photo of the tag and I think it was here but can’t find it. I would love to order a few. They are so comfy!

Just checked and the tags on mine (I'm onsite) say Sobella Soft by Sobel Westex www.sobelwestex.com. Hth!
Just a heads up that I ordered the exact pillow from sobelwestex that is in the rooms (right down to the item number that is printed on the tag.) While the pillow is okay, it is NOTHING like the ones at Pop. Different filling and extremely puffy. It took me 2 weeks of using it to even be able to use it for an entire night without having to switch it out. While I now use that pillow nightly, we have been back to Pop 3 times and each time I realize how different mine is from the ones at Pop. Also, I read the reviews on the Sobel website and I’m not the only one who found this to be the case.

While I LOVE the pillows from Pop, be prepared for something very different if you order the ‘identical’ pillow from sobelwestex. Could not be further apart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter