• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for suggestions to get the room we want (ground floor and as close to the food court/buses as possible with our standard room).

I've sent in room requests via fax and got what I wanted (at CSR), but I just asked for a specific building because I knew it was updated. On this trip we will actually be getting to the resort around 9am but not expecting a room - just dropping bags off at bell services. We will have time to look around, etc. as this is our Disney Spring day. Would it be worth it to drop by the front desk and say we don't need the room until 7pm but would like to put in a preference? I'd like them to actually get out the resort map (which I know they have) and show me options - which I feel like on past trips they have. Is this realistic? Based on their processes of room assignment, is it "too late" at this point? Should I still fax? If I do visit the desk and get a room assignment then, should I expect a "room ready text" (not that I really was, I know it's spotty but we are 3/3 over the past 3 years). Also, if we leave bags at 9am should I just ask they are delivered when the room is ready? I'm just thinking I don't want to get back at 7pm, walk past bell services to my room just to find they aren't there, and walk back down. I know bell services is slow, so should I just leave them there so when I get back from the park I at least KNOW where they are for certain?

We arrive on the 7th - I've enjoyed following your posts on here, it would be ironic to bump into you.
It would be fun to meet! If you happen to see us, please say 'hi!' :) My daughter and I are a little easier recognized as I am blonde and she has beautiful black hair! I adopted her from China so our family is a little more recognizable.

I'm looking for suggestions to get the room we want (ground floor and as close to the food court/buses as possible with our standard room).

I've sent in room requests via fax and got what I wanted (at CSR), but I just asked for a specific building because I knew it was updated. On this trip we will actually be getting to the resort around 9am but not expecting a room - just dropping bags off at bell services. We will have time to look around, etc. as this is our Disney Spring day. Would it be worth it to drop by the front desk and say we don't need the room until 7pm but would like to put in a preference? I'd like them to actually get out the resort map (which I know they have) and show me options - which I feel like on past trips they have. Is this realistic? Based on their processes of room assignment, is it "too late" at this point? Should I still fax? If I do visit the desk and get a room assignment then, should I expect a "room ready text" (not that I really was, I know it's spotty but we are 3/3 over the past 3 years). Also, if we leave bags at 9am should I just ask they are delivered when the room is ready? I'm just thinking I don't want to get back at 7pm, walk past bell services to my room just to find they aren't there, and walk back down. I know bell services is slow, so should I just leave them there so when I get back from the park I at least KNOW where they are for certain?

I am choosing to call in a request for the 60's and 70's section. I have Touring Plans faxing in a request for me requesting a room in the 50's section.

We arrive early also so my plan is to go to the desk (if I haven't received my room assignment which I'm guessing I won't at 10:30am) and see if anything else might be available that is ready in the area that I'd like to stay. (I'll wait if it means I would be in a building too far away from Classic Hall) I'm not sure they will provide you with your room number until your room is actually ready. Has anyone had experience with this?

If my room is not ready I will check our carry-on luggage with luggage services and pick it up on our way back. Like you I don't want to walk back later to get our bags if I don't have to. We're getting up at 2am to catch our flight to Orlando so when we get back to our room after supper I'm hoping to have it ready, be able to unpack at get to bed at a good time.

I hope this helps!

I’ll be at pop starting the 7th too! Can’t wait!! Now if only I could figure out how to pack!
We were there in Jan of this year and I plan to pack in a similar fashion....layers. It was often cool/damp in the mornings and evenings and quite pleasant during the day. One thing I will change this trip is that I will be getting a locker if the layers become too much to carry. One day in particular that trip I carried far too much 'just in case' stuff and was pooped by the end of the day. I won't make that mistake again!

We were there in Jan of this year and I plan to pack in a similar fashion....layers. It was often cool/damp in the mornings and evenings and quite pleasant during the day. One thing I will change this trip is that I will be getting a locker if the layers become too much to carry. One day in particular that trip I carried far too much 'just in case' stuff and was pooped by the end of the day. I won't make that mistake again!
How much are the lockers?

I honestly am not sure. There are normally small lockers and larger lockers but I have not used them in years. I'm guessing somewhere between $5 and $10/day but that's purely a guess.

UPDATE: I just looked it up on the Disney website and found the following:

Small
12" x 10" x 17" $10 per day

Large
15.5" x 13" x 17" $12 per day

Jumbo (Magic Kingdom park and Epcot only)
17" x 22" x 26" $15 per day

It would be fun to meet! If you happen to see us, please say 'hi!' :) My daughter and I are a little easier recognized as I am blonde and she has beautiful black hair! I adopted her from China so our family is a little more recognizable.
Me and my mom also arrive on the 8th! :teeth:
Your posts are always so helpful and very appreciated. If we bump into you we will definitely say hi :love:

I honestly am not sure. There are normally small lockers and larger lockers but I have not used them in years. I'm guessing somewhere between $5 and $10/day but that's purely a guess.

UPDATE: I just looked it up on the Disney website and found the following:

Small
12" x 10" x 17" $10 per day

Large
15.5" x 13" x 17" $12 per day

Jumbo (Magic Kingdom park and Epcot only)
17" x 22" x 26" $15 per day
Thanks!

I am choosing to call in a request for the 60's and 70's section. I have Touring Plans faxing in a request for me requesting a room in the 50's section.

We arrive early also so my plan is to go to the desk (if I haven't received my room assignment which I'm guessing I won't at 10:30am) and see if anything else might be available that is ready in the area that I'd like to stay. (I'll wait if it means I would be in a building too far away from Classic Hall) I'm not sure they will provide you with your room number until your room is actually ready. Has anyone had experience with this?

If my room is not ready I will check our carry-on luggage with luggage services and pick it up on our way back. Like you I don't want to walk back later to get our bags if I don't have to. We're getting up at 2am to catch our flight to Orlando so when we get back to our room after supper I'm hoping to have it ready, be able to unpack at get to bed at a good time.

I hope this helps!

Earlier this month when I stopped around 10am to opt out of hk she didn't give me the number but said the room was in bldg 2, which was 1 of my 2 request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter