Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
and cool - a new movie for us - we haven't seen Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Day!!!

THIS MONTH!!! March seemed a billion years away when we booked...and here we are! Going into full on geek-out mode! Three weeks from tomorrow I will be soaking up some fresh Florida air, hopefully some blue skies, and lots o' palm trees. CANNOT WAIT!

Has anyone experienced the "go straight to your room" check-in procedure? From what I understand, if you have recieved your magic bands in the mail and paid in full for you room, you can get a text and bypass the check-in counter to go straight to our room. I would love to hear some feed back from someone who has done it.

If we are arriving at 11:30 pm will we end uo with the days worst choice of rooms?

I seems like arriving late does impact the availability of rooms, so it may be more difficult to switch if you don't like the room first assigned to you. But I don't think it means you get the worst room or that they don't grant your requests. We arrived at ASMu at 1:30am last August and all of our requests were granted. On another trip, we arrived at 9am and we had actually been downgraded to another room category (although the resort was able to fix that by upgrading us instead of downgrading.) So it seems like a number of factors influence the rooms guests receive.

The few times we have arrived later, we did not get "a bad room". Although, I don't think there are any at Pop. However, you might not get all your requests. Which, since they are just requests, shouldn't be that big of a deal.

We ended up in 90's one late arrival (great location) and then 80's (the closer to Classic Hall of the 2) the other. Both great rooms, convenient, etc.

I would like to be close to the main hall and hippy dippy pool but also parking lot, is that even possible?

Not quite. You kind of need to choose two out of three. The 60's section is the closest to Hippy Dippy and Classic Hall, but isn't adjacent to parking.

I'd recommend the 50's, especially building 1, as close to parking, relatively close to Hippy Dippy (it's a short walk really), close to its own pool (Bowling), and close to Classic Hall.

DH has a bum knee and we drive our own car so I think parking may win out. I hate the bowling pool and the computer pool!

Not quite. You kind of need to choose two out of three. The 60's section is the closest to Hippy Dippy and Classic Hall, but isn't adjacent to parking.

I'd recommend the 50's, especially building 1, as close to parking, relatively close to Hippy Dippy (it's a short walk really), close to its own pool (Bowling), and close to Classic Hall.
The 70's sections I feel has similar aspects too

Edit: But, not its own pool.

I am going to be staying at Pop Century March 27th through April 3rd. I booked a standard room. I've stayed there plenty of times before, but I'd like to get your opinion on making a room request. We'd like to stay somewhat close to the food court and transportation. What would be the best area to request? I know that the 60s is preferred, but are there any standard rooms available in the 60s that may work for us if we want to be close? Thank you all for your help. I love reading everyone's posts!

I am going to be staying at Pop Century March 27th through April 3rd. I booked a standard room. I've stayed there plenty of times before, but I'd like to get your opinion on making a room request. We'd like to stay somewhat close to the food court and transportation. What would be the best area to request? I know that the 60s is preferred, but are there any standard rooms available in the 60s that may work for us if we want to be close? Thank you all for your help. I love reading everyone's posts!
We have stayed in a standard room in the 60's area and loved it. Close to food court and buses. We've also did the 70's standard, loved that too also close. Quieter.

From talking to a couple room assigners they both recommended wording your requests to describe what you're looking for. In your case "close to food court and transportation". The room assigners know their resorts like the back of their hand and if they know what you are looking for they will have plenty of options to get you what you need. If you ask for a certain building/section and that's not available, they have no idea why you requested that building/section so won't know what you want.

From talking to a couple room assigners they both recommended wording your requests to describe what you're looking for. In your case "close to food court and transportation". The room assigners know their resorts like the back of their hand and if they know what you are looking for they will have plenty of options to get you what you need. If you ask for a certain building/section and that's not available, they have no idea why you requested that building/section so won't know what you want.
Are the room assigners different from the cm's who check you in? Because the cm's who check you in, never seem to know much about the resort. Just curious.

Are the room assigners different from the cm's who check you in? Because the cm's who check you in, never seem to know much about the resort. Just curious.

Most definitely. The room assigners are always in a room in the back, never out checking people in. All day long they are busy trying to fit the giant jigsaw puzzle together. :headache:

Most definitely. The room assigners are always in a room in the back, never out checking people in. All day long they are busy trying to fit the giant jigsaw puzzle together. :headache:
Sounds like a cool job. :goodvibes
I wish the cm's that actually deal with the public had some training about their resort though.

Does anyone know if pop does anything fun on Halloween?i think we will do the party at MK but beat the resort all day relaxing, as we fly in at 10:30 the night before

During the day it is pretty much just the standard poolside entertainment, but the games are halloween themed. There might have been something else early in the day, but I an't remember for sure. Actual entertainment starts around 4ish if I remember correctly and they have trick or treating, character meet and greets, games, etc... We were there last year and will be there for it again this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter