Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We always loved the Mom's Night Out dinners. Sadly, they've been gone for a few years now. :( There were 2 or 3 price increases across the board at all QS locations over the last year or so. I know there was a very obvious difference in QS prices between our June 2015 and June 2016 visits. I wasn't surprised as I had read about the increases on different blogs throughout the year, but it was still noticeable. Thankfully we knew about that ahead of time (and budgeted more for food) and didn't suffer sticker shock, but had I not read about it I would have been in for a big surprise.

I think I am mentally prepared for higher prices. I am at Disney frequently and know food is expensive but, until now, I always found some value to the meal. I really wish I had taken a picture of the pitiful little piece of chicken. I just could not fathom paying that much for a 3 inch thigh. Maybe it was the time of night (kind of late) and all they had left were small thighs. I would have added an additional piece if that is all I had left.

Is the computer pool still closing or has that been pushed back as well?

I'm here at Plop Century now. I spoke with a lifeguard at the computer pool (they rotate among all the pools) and he said that the computer pool, which has a fence around it but no band scanners was CLOSING 10/31/16 for it's refurb, and it is a refurb, not a remodel as I had hoped would be the case for the world's most boring resort pool. It's a square "cement pond" if ever there was one.

I have an Alarm clock in my room, all my requests have been met and housekeeping has been stellar. I've not eaten in the food court and only half the monitors that show the wait times for the buses work. That's ok, you only need to look at one to get the idea but the 1st one that works is a couple of bus stops away from the MK bus stop.

When the Magic Kingdom had 7am EMMH on Friday the 21st of October the buses were woefully unprepared for the sheer numbers of people trying to get to the park for the 7am opening. I ditched the lines and caught an UBER otherwise I would not have gotten to the park prior to opening. What a cluster. You'd think they would send double buses but the first one or two was a single. It was an epic screw up when you factor in the loading of scooters and the long lines. Someone was asleep at the wheel for sure on this one...

~NM

I agree that the food at Pop Century food court is not what I remember from years ago, however as long as they have bananas, pizza slices and fries I'm usually pretty happy for the times that I actually eat in the food court. Upon returning today the bus stop sign that works is the one in front of Disney springs the rest were all off. I agree with the poster above About the mousekeeping. I made friends with my mousekeeper the first day and have had wonderful service and success with that ever since. Also everyone that is staying at Pop has been wonderful, I have talked with somebody at the bus stop or on the bus just about every time I have gone anywhere. :)

They were available at Pop this past June. We asked the manager about it (because that's who we happened to see first) since we didn't see any cases of water in the coolers and the manager said, "No problem, I just have to get one in the back." The manager said they don't always have the space to keep them in the coolers out front.

We've also been able to purchase them right out of the cooler at AoA every time we've been there (including this past June). We paid ~$16 for the case (and that's also what we were told at Pop). Apparently some resorts only charge $6. Not sure why there is a price difference as they appeared to be the same size cases/bottles.

I suppose it's possible that Disney has changed their policy and no longer sell cases of water, but there have been numerous reports at all levels of resorts of people being able to buy cases of water over the last few years. If you don't see any, you should definitely ask -- and if a CM says it's not possible, ask for the manager. I'd try at both Pop & AoA and if you can't get any there, then head to the Speedway at DS.
Cases of water at POP/AoA are still available per your info.:)

POP still has their's Backstage and available upon request to an "Everything Pop" Manager.

AoA still has their's Onstage in the Cooler in "Landscape of Flavor".

The pricepoint is still $16.00.:)

30472676182_a88a6033a1_c.jpg

Checking into Pop in 31 days, first trip to Disney World!

Quick question, is there standard rooms in the 60s section?

I had preferred booked but went down to standard to get DH to agree to get MVMCP tickets. In my reading it seems back sections of 60s is standard but I've had two phone reps tell me it's all preferred. If it is I think we'll go with 50s. Thanks!

Checking into Pop in 31 days, first trip to Disney World!

Quick question, is there standard rooms in the 60s section?

I had preferred booked but went down to standard to get DH to agree to get MVMCP tickets. In my reading it seems back sections of 60s is standard but I've had two phone reps tell me it's all preferred. If it is I think we'll go with 50s. Thanks!
Yes there are standards in the 60's section. Our standard room was on the lake side of bldg 5. I have come to the conclusion that the phone reps are often misinformed

Yes there are standards in the 60's section. Our standard room was on the lake side of bldg 5. I have come to the conclusion that the phone reps are often misinformed

Ok thanks! Did you request it? Neither of them would note the reservation for me.

Ok thanks! Did you request it? Neither of them would note the reservation for me.
I booked a standard room and when I did my online check in I requested lake view, upper floor. We were on the 3rd floor and had a great view of the lake and the HS fireworks.

Cases of water at POP/AoA are still available per your info.:)

POP still has their's Backstage and available upon request to an "Everything Pop" Manager.

AoA still has their's Onstage in the Cooler in "Landscape of Flavor".

The pricepoint is still $16.00.:)

Wow. The exact same cases are $6.99 at:

POR
POFQ
CBR
CSR
BC
YC
BWI
Poly
GF
WL

It may also be $6.99 at other resorts, but the above are the ones I am 100% sure of as I've seen them myself.

Im staying at Pop for 1 night November 14-15 taking a bus or shuttle at 6am from my Airport North hotel to the Airport then taking Magical Express to Pop hoping to be there by 7am then directly taking a Disney Bus to MK in time for the Rope Drop at 7:50 am for the Early Magic Hours opening at 8am. Spending all day at the park 1st time to MK for 26 years. Coming back to the resort around Midnight. Then the morning I'm getting a bus to the TTC then planning to take the Monorail Loop and visiting its resorts all decked in Holiday splendor and hoping to see Wilderness Lodge to. Then take a bus from TTC or Wilderness Lodge to Disney Springs and checking it out. And I have to be back at Pop by 4pm to drop of my ECV from Walker Mobility then get on Magical Express to MCO Airport. A Whirlwind of a trip but I just had to visit Disney even just for 1 or 2 days while I will already be in Florida.

Then the morning I'm getting a bus to the TTC then planning to take the Monorail Loop and visiting its resorts all decked in Holiday splendor and hoping to see Wilderness Lodge to. Then take a bus from TTC or Wilderness Lodge to Disney Springs and checking it out.

Just an FYI-there isn't a bus from POP to TTC-just take the Magic Kingdom bus and board the Resort Monorail at MK.

Also,no bus from TTC to Disney Springs-just take a Disney Springs bus from Wilderness Lodge or any of the MK Resorts.

Have FUN!:)

Just an FYI-there isn't a bus from POP to TTC-just take the Magic Kingdom bus and board the Resort Monorail at MK.

Also,no bus from TTC to Disney Springs-just take a Disney Springs bus from Wilderness Lodge or any of the MK Resorts.

Have FUN!:)
Didn't they change that recently, and now you can get a bus from the parks TO Disney Springs (but not the other way round)?

Can you get a disposable cup of hot water? I hate to spend money on a coffee maker that I won't need ever again but I'd like to have hot tea in the room.

Wow. The exact same cases are $6.99 at:

POR
POFQ
CBR
CSR
BC
YC
BWI
Poly
GF
WL

It may also be $6.99 at other resorts, but the above are the ones I am 100% sure of as I've seen them myself.
That is just crazy! Why would they more than double the price for water at Pop ?

That is just crazy! Why would they more than double the price for water at Pop ?

It's not just Pop. It's AoA as well and I know there was at least one other resort that was confirmed at $16 (I just can't remember which one).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter