Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If rope drop is important, I would recommend arriving at the Skyliner station 90 mins before you wish to be at Epcot. You may be early but if earlier is better than late for you, 90 mins is the recommended time to get to any WDW park.
Where does uber drop off? In talking with DH he said since we have 1 single park day he rather pay to get there and not worry about bus, which is not packed currently bc of covid, ans possible back log for skyliner. Plus tradition was always SSE first so front of park entry is better.

Where does uber drop off? In talking with DH he said since we have 1 single park day he rather pay to get there and not worry about bus, which is not packed currently bc of covid, ans possible back log for skyliner. Plus tradition was always SSE first so front of park entry is better.
Sorry, I have never taken an Uber to Epcot so I’m not sure where drop off is. Hopefully someone else can help you.

for a DHS 9am open time, would you get in the skyliner line at 7:30 (on a Friday morning in 2 weeks if that matters at all) or does that seem too early? We want to be in ASAP to try and knock out MMRR and SDD right away. Thx!

A few questions about ride share services for those who have recently used them at Pop. (Please only respond if you have personally used a ride share service to/from Pop in the past 6 months as I am using this information to build the new Pop thread).

- Are there still taxis waiting in front of Classic Hall?
- Can guests who use Uber/Lyft, etc arrange a specific pickup location? i.e. - Building 1?

If you have any other information you would like to share I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!!

A few questions about ride share services for those who have recently used them at Pop. (Please only respond if you have personally used a ride share service to/from Pop in the past 6 months as I am using this information to build the new Pop thread).

- Can guests who use Uber/Lyft, etc arrange a specific pickup location? i.e. - Building 1?

Thanks!!

When my husband went to the front of Classic Hall to get a taxi for golf in August the bell services guy said that it would take longer than normal because the taxis weren't lining up at resorts any more. I think he had to call the main dispatch and they sent a taxi. I was waiting with my husband and I think we waited around 15 minutes for the taxi to show up.

When my husband went to the front of Classic Hall to get a taxi for golf in August the bell services guy said that it would take longer than normal because the taxis weren't lining up at resorts any more. I think he had to call the main dispatch and they sent a taxi. I was waiting with my husband and I think we waited around 15 minutes for the taxi to show up.
Thank you for you info!

A few notes from a GROOVY placed called Pop Century Resort!

The Pools are still on the 10 AM to 10 PM schedule.

If the temperature goes below 50 degrees for a certain amount of time,that is when they will consider closures.

Petals stays open until 10 PM regardless of temperature I "think".

If Guests are willing to brave the cold Petals is there for them.

They were having Arts and Crafts in the former Resort Airline Check-in area-it will be interesting to see what they repurpose this space into as it looks like the days of RAC are gone.

Agree with everybody that until Gondola Social Distancing is gone,expect a L O N G wait at Park Close!

We decided to not even try it last night at Epcot Park Close and opted form the Art of Animation bus.

Strange experience-the AoA bus went to the Swan Resort and then to Pop Century and then on over to AoA.

Headed down to see how many Early Risers are already in the Skyliner line.

Cold morning but manageable.
:)

We decided to not even try it last night at Epcot Park Close and opted form the Art of Animation bus.

Strange experience-the AoA bus went to the Swan Resort and then to Pop Century and then on over to AoA.

Was the bus driver lost/confused?

No,he dropped off Guests at all 3 Resorts.

Did the signs at the Epcot bus station indicate the bus was for all three?

I can understand a shared AoA and Pop bus at park close just to help get people out, but don’t get Swan (especially since they aren’t even supposed to be served by Disney buses anymore).

Did the signs at the Epcot bus station indicate the bus was for all three?

I can understand a shared AoA and Pop bus at park close just to help get people out, but don’t get Swan (especially since they aren’t even supposed to be served by Disney buses anymore).
No,the bus is only listed for AoA.

Few months ago, we have taken Uber from Pop (Classic Hall area... took only few minutes to arrive each time) to the Speedway gas station which is near Boardwalk entrance. It was only about a 5 minute walk from the Speedway to the resort walkway which connects HS and Epcot. From there you’d turn right to walk to Epcot (International Gateway entrance) or turn left to walk to HS. This was very convenient for us. Another idea might be to take the skyliner to HS since they’re open earlier and then walk that walkway to Epcot however that would put you at the International Gateway entrance and not the front of the park like you wanted.

ETA: some people have had luck making a mobile order at a resort near Epcot and took an Uber there. However I’ve read reports where some people were still turned away unless they had a table service reservation. We didn’t want to take that chance hence opting for the Speedway location.

Last edited:
So, here’s my tip for any parties of 3 or 4 planning on eating in your room - bring a couple of folding chairs! The room only has 2 chairs and we were told they could not bring us extras because of fire code. We ate at least one meal in the room each day and two of us had to stand.

So, here’s my tip for any parties of 3 or 4 planning on eating in your room - bring a couple of folding chairs! The room only has 2 chairs and we were told they could not bring us extras because of fire code. We ate at least one meal in the room each day and two of us had to stand.
We often ate sitting on the end of the bed. This is another option to standing.

No,he dropped off Guests at all 3 Resorts.
This is unusual for sure. Cannot understand the Swan drop off unless guests got on the wrong bus? It was nice of the bus driver to drop guests at Pop as technically buses are not running between Epcot and Pop unless the Skyliner is closed.

Are the Skyliner hours available on the MDE app or only posted right at the Skyliner itself?
Only at the Skyliner.

But,of course,the "official" start times posted are not when Skyliner starts.

This AM Skyliner began boarding at 7:32 AM with an "official" start time of 8:00 AM.

Boarding began at CBR Station for DHS at 7:45 AM and DHS opened at 8:05 AM.

We got in 2 walk-ons for Slinky Dog Dash before the crowds began arriving.

Only at the Skyliner.

But,of course,the "official" start times posted are not when Skyliner starts.

This AM Skyliner began boarding at 7:32 AM with an "official" start time of 8:00 AM.

Boarding began at CBR Station for DHS at 7:45 AM and DHS opened at 8:05 AM.

We got in 2 walk-ons for Slinky Dog Dash before the crowds began arriving.
Thanks @WEDWDW. I tried to PM you knowing you're there but unfortunately was unable to send a PM. Thanks for the information!

Thanks!!
I was there in October. No taxis were in front of classic hall. I have never tried to specify a building for pickup but was able to get dropped off in front of the 90s section.

You can also use the ironing board as a table and sit on the end of the bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter