Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
One week from today I will be at the Poly!!! We were supposed to go in July but we had to cut our trip short due to a house emergency. This will be our first Poly stay and we are so excited. Our only plans that first pretty much full day since we are taking a red eye flight are to 'enjoy the Poly'.
We check in on Sunday the 29. Can’t wait!

Hey Dis-buddy!
Poly? Are you gonna visit gf??? It’s fun to explore !

Dh and I visited gf from CSR last weekend and listened to piano/band. So relaxing!

At poly I love to walk around and hear the music and see the tiki lights lit up.

What are you looking forward to??
Oh yeah, we'll definitely be spending some time over at the GF!! Matter of fact, with the temps being what they will be next week, we will be spending a lot of time indoors, I bet. I look forward to the lounge at the Poly...the "frou frou" coffees, as I call them, and seeing some of the CMs I've gotten to know lately.
I also can't wait to see the fall decs in MK!

I wanted to thanks everyone who gave advice on here . Our stay this past Friday through yesterday was very relaxing and fun. The walk to the ferry was longer than I had remembered, but still pretty easy and quick. I’ve been staying at Beach Club which has the Coke Freestyle machine, but didn’t see any at the Poly. The soda machine at CC’s had only blue Power-Ade (blue makes me itch), so I didn’t do a refillable mug. I did buy the Lemon-Lime as well as Fruit Punch Power-Ade at the mercantile upstairs in the main building, for those times we were a little dehydrated. But in all a great stay! Thanks again!

Would you say that they are the price of two rooms or more?

It depends. There are a few different room types/sizes. The Honeymoon room is actually priced less the Poly CL TPV regular room. The other suite types in Tonga, not so much. :-)

The 1BR Suite that shows up on Disney’s website is in Tonga. The other suite/room types in Tonga don’t, you have to call to book.

It depends. There are a few different room types/sizes. The Honeymoon room is actually priced less the Poly CL TPV regular room. The other suite types in Tonga, not so much. :-)

The 1BR Suite that shows up on Disney’s website is in Tonga. The other suite/room types in Tonga don’t, you have to call to book.
We book through our travel agent. We were thinking about booking two rooms like last time, but we thought if we could pay the same amount or less for a two bedroom suite, that would be better. I guess we will see what happens.

Can anyone confirm if the torch lighting ceremony still takes place at 6pm Tuesday - Saturday, and if hula dance lessons still take place in the lobby Tuesday - Saturday at 3:45pm? I'm thinking that the regular hula lessons are discontinued, but I wasn't sure about the torch lighting ceremony. Thanks!

We’re like to go next August 30-September 5. There will be 7 of us: myself, husband, son, daughter-in-law, and 3 granddaughters (9, 7, 5). Has anybody been there then? I’m wondering about the crowds in the pools and whether we’ll be able to find tables to eat at or places to sit at the pools.

So we have our first stay at the Poly coming up next May. We rented DVC points, and the Poly has been my dream resort, so needless to say, we are excited!

Last trip we had groceries delivered to our resort but I'm thinking we might not need to do so this time around. We can pack non-perishables like granola bars and such. The only things we would need would be liquids, so my question is this - does Moana Mercantile have cases (or at least twelve packs) of bottled water? How about the big size (52 oz) orange juice? If I can get that stuff at the resort, it'll probably eliminate the need to order anything else. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter