Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just returned home from a seven night stay and had a wonderful time. I booked two rooms using my pass AP discount, one for myself and one for my daughter and her family. We drove as we live here in Florida and they flew. When we received our bills, we were both charged for parking. It was easily resolved when I went to the front desk and they removed the fee. My question, why would they automatically add it? I would think their would be a gate access code that would be hooked to your room to record the parking fee.
I am renting a car in August but not for the entire length of stay. I wonder how they track that as well.🤔

I apologize if this was talked about already but I heard the construction at ttc is very loud and heard from the villas. Is this true? How bad is it?

I apologize if this was talked about already but I heard the construction at ttc is very loud and heard from the villas. Is this true? How bad is it?
We are in Pago Pago so I’ll let you know.

Not very happy to be staring at the parking lot which seems to happen with every room we have been in at Disney. Blah.

Last time we stayed at the Poly was prior to the change in views - could anyone tell me which buildings currently fall under the 'standard view' category please? Last time we paid for standard, requested Samoa and got Niue and loved it, but I'm guessing neither of those buildings are chatted standard view under the new breakdowns? Thank you!! 🙂

If no one here knows, I’ll post about my first sleep in 3 days.

Hope you have a great time! :goodvibes

We are in Pago Pago so I’ll let you know.

Not very happy to be staring at the parking lot which seems to happen with every room we have been in at Disney. Blah.

Sorry about the parking lot view, but I hope you're having a great time :wizard:.

Last time we stayed at the Poly was prior to the change in views - could anyone tell me which buildings currently fall under the 'standard view' category please? Last time we paid for standard, requested Samoa and got Niue and loved it, but I'm guessing neither of those buildings are chatted standard view under the new breakdowns? Thank you!! 🙂

I'm not sure which longhouses are considered standard view now, but hopefully others will be able to help :flower3:.

The west side of Fiji facing the Grand Floridian, south facing Tuvalu, Niue, much of Rarotonga, and much of Aotearoa.

Does anyone know if and when they will release this years 4th of July activity schedule at poly?

Generally speaking we don’t see much until someone there at the time posts it. We were there the last two years and these didn’t appear until the day of or day before (can’t quite recall), but FWIW, last year’s schedule (which I suspect will be directionally similar):

Poly July 4 2018 Front.jpg

IMG_1603.jpg

IMG_1745.jpg

Generally speaking we don’t see much until someone there at the time posts it. We were there the last two years and these didn’t appear until the day of or day before (can’t quite recall), but FWIW, last year’s schedule (which I suspect will be directionally similar):

View attachment 411549

View attachment 411550

View attachment 411551
Thank you. Do you recall if there were characters at the beach party the last two years? Wondering if thats a usual thing.

Thank you. Do you recall if there were characters at the beach party the last two years? Wondering if thats a usual thing.

Yes, there were. Last year was Goofy and Donald if I’m not mistaken. They are in the reserved beach section only accessible to Poly guests. It’s a blast.

Best way to get your room request? Is it checking in at front desk? Checking in online? Getting to resort earlier in the day before others that requested? Checking in certain day of the week? Those with longer stays?
Just curious if there is a way to have an advantage. Thanks.

Hey guys! We were thinking of going to Trader Sams with friends before our fireworks cruise this week. Are kids allowed in, or is is 21 and older? Thanks so much!!!

Hey guys! We were thinking of going to Trader Sams with friends before our fireworks cruise next week. Are kids allowed in, or is is 21 and older? Thanks so much!!!

Assuming there is room availability, last year when I went kids were allowed but after 8:00 p.m., only Guests 21 years old and over will be able to enter.

Hey guys! We were thinking of going to Trader Sams with friends before our fireworks cruise this week. Are kids allowed in, or is is 21 and older? Thanks so much!!!

For the inside, open to all until 8pm, then 21 and over after 8pm.

FYI, it now opens at 3pm instead of 4pm.

The outside patio is open to all with no age limit. 8-)

I’d like to ask another question, if I may... so we’ll be heading over to Poly from Boardwalk. We don’t really feel like driving our cars over. What is our fastest/easiest way to get there? Bus, Monorail or Minivan? Thank you for your help!

I’d like to ask another question, if I may... so we’ll be heading over to Poly from Boardwalk. We don’t really feel like driving our cars over. What is our fastest/easiest way to get there? Bus, Monorail or Minivan? Thank you for your help!
The fastest way would be to take Minnie van. Another option would be to take monorail to MK and then get on BW bus. Yet another option would be to take bus to DHS and walk to BW or take boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter