Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: we checked in and got adjoining rooms (side by side, not connecting)! Second best option and very happy with the CMs that assisted.
Did they grant your request the first time or did you have to ask again once you received your room assignment? Just curious!

I think I know the answer to the question, but want to make sure. I just booked our June 2020 vacation. Our family wanted to stay in the villas again, but they showed unavailable. In the meantime, I booked the resort. Do the dates to reserve villas open up later? Or, is it actually booked already? Thank you!

I think I know the answer to the question, but want to make sure. I just booked our June 2020 vacation. Our family wanted to stay in the villas again, but they showed unavailable. In the meantime, I booked the resort. Do the dates to reserve villas open up later? Or, is it actually booked already? Thank you!
DVC availability does not open until a minimum 11 months in advance.

Hi all! I see on the activity sheet that the Poly has Mickey tie dye on Sunday. Where does this take place? They had it outside of Community Hall at OKW, but it was the day we checked in and we had missed it, but it sounds really cool! If anyone has pricing info., or pictures of how it turns out, that would be much appreciated!
:earboy2:
Last October it was set up at the far end of the Lava pool. I feel like we spent around $20 per kid. Here’s our finished products!
DD7086F2-A2A9-4FB9-AB24-AD81199EB248.jpeg

Just booked for early March of next year, and those prices - yikes!! That being said, I requested Rarotonga, but want to be on the opposite side of the monorail, so I had to request it as pool-lagoon view. Now I'm worried that the Poly might put us into Samoa or Fiji due to the view request, when what I really want is to stay in Rarotonga. Oh boy.......

Edited to add that I took care of that dilemma by modifying our reservation to a standard view, and still hoping to get Rarotonga. Saved over $700 by doing that, which makes me happy.

Last edited:

Just booked for early March of next year, and those prices - yikes!! That being said, I requested Rarotonga, but want to be on the opposite side of the monorail, so I had to request it as pool-lagoon view. Now I'm worried that the Poly might put us into Samoa or Fiji due to the view request, when what I really want is to stay in Rarotonga. Oh boy.......

Edited to add that I took care of that dilemma by modifying our reservation to a standard view, and still hoping to get Rarotonga. Saved over $700 by doing that, which makes me happy.

You could also revise by requesting Rarotonga “north facing” side. That way it reduces your chances of ending up with a unpaid upgrade to a lagoon or pool view in a different longhouse. Take the pool/ lagoon view out of the equation entirely. Many of the north facing Rarotonga rooms have views of vegetation and pathways even though they face the lagoon/ pool.

Did they grant your request the first time or did you have to ask again once you received your room assignment? Just curious!
When we checked in we asked if our rooms were connecting. They looked at it and said they were side by side, but no door in between. We hung around for about 15 minutes while they looked up available rooms but told us they could not locate any connecting.

As background, when we booked we noted “traveling with...” the other reservation and also did a fax request two weeks prior asking for connecting. They did best they could and we are happy with the end result!

When we checked in we asked if our rooms were connecting. They looked at it and said they were side by side, but no door in between. We hung around for about 15 minutes while they looked up available rooms but told us they could not locate any connecting.

As background, when we booked we noted “traveling with...” the other reservation and also did a fax request two weeks prior asking for connecting. They did best they could and we are happy with the end result!
We are hoping for connecting rooms as well so thought I’d ask how it worked for you. Thanks!

How exciting! Have fun planning :wizard:.

Thanks for sharing! Did you put in any other guiding requests, or just the connecting room request? We’re traveling with family later this summer and requested connecting rooms with a door, but we’d also really like outdoor space too (patio or balcony.) I feel like we always have a connecting door in rooms we stay in, but I guess with Disney resorts always booked pretty full, it makes aligning those rooms for groups tricky.

Thanks for sharing! Did you put in any other guiding requests, or just the connecting room request? We’re traveling with family later this summer and requested connecting rooms with a door, but we’d also really like outdoor space too (patio or balcony.) I feel like we always have a connecting door in rooms we stay in, but I guess with Disney resorts always booked pretty full, it makes aligning those rooms for groups tricky.
We only put connecting rooms in, since that was our highest priority. There are connecting doors in both rooms, but the other rooms didn’t line up with our check in/check out dates.

We are officially booked for May 2020 on a Flower & Garden/early birthday trip (since my actual bday is the 30th but we won’t be able to go then)! We wanted to try a split stay with the GF but the dates didn’t work out, so we’ll be doing all 9 nts at Poly. I’m so happy to be coming home I couldn’t sit still at work, lol!

And this time we won’t forget our IDs in the room and miss out on Trader Sam’s!! :drinking1:rotfl2:

We only put connecting rooms in, since that was our highest priority. There are connecting doors in both rooms, but the other rooms didn’t line up with our check in/check out dates.
Thanks for answering my question! I hope you’re having a magical trip!

We are officially booked for May 2020 on a Flower & Garden/early birthday trip (since my actual bday is the 30th but we won’t be able to go then)! We wanted to try a split stay with the GF but the dates didn’t work out, so we’ll be doing all 9 nts at Poly. I’m so happy to be coming home I couldn’t sit still at work, lol!

And this time we won’t forget our IDs in the room and miss out on Trader Sam’s!! :drinking1:rotfl2:

I'm sorry the dates didn't work for a Poly/GF split, but glad you were able to get the Poly. Hope you have a great trip! Enjoy the planning :wizard:.

@mickeynut1 answered your question but the CL greetings out front have been pretty non-existent in our recent (last few years) Poly CL travels. The CL-specific check-in desk @mickeynut1 mentioned is the first station inside on the right - it has a sign that says “Club Level Arrivals” or something to that extent. Note, that sign can be flipped over to a regular check-in station and I have seen times where it’s not being used for CL arrivals, so if you don’t see it don’t worry.

I have done a combo of checking-in at that CL arrival station (they’ll do a bit of paperwork then walk you over to the CL CMs) or I’ve gone straight to Hawaii ourselves. We get MB’s in advance but we have bad MagicBand mojo so they hardly ever work, so we stand there and wave through the glass to get a desk CM’s attention, then do check-in there.

Hope that helps, enjoy your trip!
Hello Arriving for CL in August. Very excited. Do you still stop for check in if you do online check in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter