Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DD14 and I recently stayed in Rarotonga 1826. We couldn't have been happier with the location of our standard view room. It was literally a 30 second walk to the Great Ceremonial House and minutes to the pool and other points at the resort. Even though it was a 1st floor room and faced the monerail, it was very quiet and private. We couldn't have had a better room, unless it was on the 3rd floor with a balcony.

I'm glad you had such a great time! I have a standard view room booked as well, but I worry, if we get a first floor room facing the monorail - could you still hear the Poly music from your patio? TIA!

Actually, DVC check in is not until 4, and in my experience those rooms do take longer to turn over. You can request an early check in, but it’s never guaranteed.
Do you know if requesting early negates the any other request like normal Disney rooms?

Curious about this (early check in overriding requests) as well - our flight arrives at 10am - an early checkin would be nice, although if not, I hear there are changing rooms we can use to go to the pool? Although I'm not sure where we'd store our carry on bags with valuables and stuff in them.

Last edited:

I'm glad you had such a great time! I have a standard view room booked as well, but I worry, if we get a first floor room facing the monorail - could you still hear the Poly music from your patio? TIA!

I don’t recall if I heard music or not. I know I heard the monorail coming and my family loves to say it’s monorail “color”.

Curious about this (early check in overriding requests) as well - our flight arrives at 10am - an early checkin would be nice, although if not, I hear there are changing rooms we can use to go to the pool? Although I'm not sure where we'd store our carry on bags with valuables and stuff in them.

There are changing rooms/bathroom by the pool area. We put all our stuff with bell services on our departure day. We arrived at the BC first and our room was ready at 11:30 and when. We moved to the Poly I got the text that it was ready at about noon.

My dh did take his back pack with his computer and iPad to the pool/table. I had my LL bean bag that I bought a lock for. He didn’t swim that day so it wasn’t an issue when he came to the pool at 11.

So I'm confused by the requesting early - if I call in requests for a balcony / patio room next week - and then arrive and ask to check in early, that negates those requests? Or is it just limited by what they have available early? Can I just tell them I'm happy to wait if it means we get a balcony / patio?

The date changes with each Backscratcher, doesn’t it? :-)

As good as Disney is with most of this stuff, I’ll never understand why little things like this seem so complicated to get info about. It’s the Tambu Lounge, not Spaceship Earth!

Yes, I believe it works the same way. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong!

Yes. This has always been my experience across WDW, DVC or regular room via CRO.

We come from CA via red eye flights so we are almost always there very early in the morning. We leave all of our carry on luggage, including laptops, iPads, etc. with bell services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter