Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have our first stay at Poly coming up in August!!! We have not stayed at any of the monorail resorts yet and I was just wondering if it is as crazy to get back to (by monorail or boat) as it is the bus resorts after the Magic Kingdom fireworks? We always say we will wait around and let the masses leave but are always tired when it comes time and try to bolt out of there. Which way is easier at a very busy time?
On my last trip in April we took the boat back to the Poly after the fireworks. We waited probably about 15 minutes after the show was over (did the dessert party) and then leisurely walked out and to the boat. We didn't wait too long, maybe 15 minutes. I prefer the boat because you're guaranteed a seat but you may have to stand on the monorail. It's also a very nice ride at night.

On my last trip in April we took the boat back to the Poly after the fireworks. We waited probably about 15 minutes after the show was over (did the dessert party) and then leisurely walked out and to the boat. We didn't wait too long, maybe 15 minutes. I prefer the boat because you're guaranteed a seat but you may have to stand on the monorail. It's also a very nice ride at night.
Yes I love to come back on the boat in the evening..

While you're sampling tropical drinks, I would recommend trying the backscratcher too!

It's Bacardi Superior Rum, Myers's Original Dark Rum, and Passion Fruit Juice topped with Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey and a Bamboo Backscratcher. My favorite of the Tambu Lounge offerings!
I've got a couple of souvenir Backscratcher's form the Backscratcher drinks at Tambu from the past couple of trips. They come in handy around the house. I'll be back there soon, so I will have to add to my collection.

While you're sampling tropical drinks, I would recommend trying the backscratcher too!

It's Bacardi Superior Rum, Myers's Original Dark Rum, and Passion Fruit Juice topped with Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey and a Bamboo Backscratcher. My favorite of the Tambu Lounge offerings!

Definitely agree. Lapu Lapus are sort of the “ease into the Polynesian” drink. If you want to go all-in, go Backscratcher!

I've got a couple of souvenir Backscratcher's form the Backscratcher drinks at Tambu from the past couple of trips. They come in handy around the house. I'll be back there soon, so I will have to add to my collection.

Yes! Just this week I have used our backscratchers to snag a sock from behind the dryer and to fish out cat toys from under the furniture. This morning I grabbed it to retrieve a small bottle of medicine that had fallen behind the couch. And the drink is pretty delicious too! :drinking1

Two weeks till our first DVC Poly stay! We're taking my middle child with her best friend on a post high school graduation trip. My user picture is from her first trip in 2009. It's hard to believe she's about to head off to college. The saying is true, "the days are long but the years are short". We spent 10 days in the Hawaii building last summer with all of our gang but I'm really looking forward to sending Isadora and her bff out on their own and getting some serious relaxing resort time with the spouse. Tiki Terrace is his most Happy Place. If you're there while we are and see a middle aged lady with pink hair and a tiki drink it's probably me.

Wow! One of those and I’ll be sure to be face down on the beach... or talking to a Tiki statue... :ssst:

Wait - Is there karaoke there?!!! :bitelip:

:rotfl:
I feel like you're welcome to channel your disney excitement through song - isn't that what all the princesses do, anyway?!

And yeah the drink is strong but I always make sure to pair it with some sticky wings :thumbsup2 gosh I am ready for the Poly! 15 days!

lady with pink hair and a tiki drink it's probably me.

LIFE GOALS!!!
Congrats on your daughter's graduation - enjoy your trip :goodvibes

Yes! Just this week I have used our backscratchers to snag a sock from behind the dryer and to fish out cat toys from under the furniture. This morning I grabbed it to retrieve a small bottle of medicine that had fallen behind the couch. And the drink is pretty delicious too! :drinking1
So they’re useful and delicious!

I feel like you're welcome to channel your disney excitement through song - isn't that what all the princesses do, anyway?!

And yeah the drink is strong but I always make sure to pair it with some sticky wings :thumbsup2 gosh I am ready for the Poly! 15 days!
:rotfl:You’re absolutely right!! Good advice about pairing a drink with sticky wings!!

Hope you have a great time!!!!

Two weeks till our first DVC Poly stay! We're taking my middle child with her best friend on a post high school graduation trip. My user picture is from her first trip in 2009. It's hard to believe she's about to head off to college. The saying is true, "the days are long but the years are short". We spent 10 days in the Hawaii building last summer with all of our gang but I'm really looking forward to sending Isadora and her bff out on their own and getting some serious relaxing resort time with the spouse. Tiki Terrace is his most Happy Place. If you're there while we are and see a middle aged lady with pink hair and a tiki drink it's probably me.
My dd is now 23. All 4 years of college she was instate but 3 1/2 hours away.

All through middle and high school we did a mom n me trip in August leaving the guys behind. Be a good girl , work hard this year etc, mama loves you.

Then for college I did the august and added January. I MISSED my girl.

Freshman year I did poly cl in may right after the semester ended and convinced dad we "needed" to also go back in August.

All 4 years , august and January but then I added march birthdays too.

Know what? she lives in Va now . 5 1/2 hours away and I miss her everyday. However all those trips wher I didn't have to compete with boys or besties or even dad and lil bro. Best days of my life.

So try to enjoy the next years while home is well, still her home.

If you can squeak in even a value or mod trip you'll be glad you did.( we were happy any hotel at Disney as long as we together)

Both of my girls (the eldest went off to college last year) are huge Disney fans and both are in colleges near(ish) us. Isadora has already extracted a promise for me that I'll take her to Epcot when she turns 21 but I'm sure we'll go plenty of times before then (just without the booze!). I can't even imagine right now how weird the house is going to be with both my girls gone. I still have a 10 year old boy but that's a very different energy. I'm proud as can be of them both but it's hard to let go.

Both of my girls (the eldest went off to college last year) are huge Disney fans and both are in colleges near(ish) us. Isadora has already extracted a promise for me that I'll take her to Epcot when she turns 21 but I'm sure we'll go plenty of times before then (just without the booze!). I can't even imagine right now how weird the house is going to be with both my girls gone. I still have a 10 year old boy but that's a very different energy. I'm proud as can be of them both but it's hard to let go.
Agreed

We requested a patio for our first stays when the kids were little and still napping. DH and I would sit outside and read and relax but one of us could take turns going for a leisurely walk around the resort or to Captain Cook’s for a snack or drink, etc without having to disturb the kids in the room. They’re teenagers now and we still will request a 1st floor/patio. Sometimes just easier to come and go that way (not all of us as you can’t lock the door). This will be our 6th trip in November and 4 out of 5 times we’ve gotten the patio. Last trip our priority was a connecting room with my Mom so we took 3rd floor. It was fine but we didn’t use the balcony much.

Hi. A question about the patio door please. We were thinking of requesting a patio for similar reasons to you - ease of access, letting kids in and out. Can I just check with a patio door it cannot be locked from the outside so we couldn’t all leave that way? Do you happen to know if this is the same for all buildings? We are staying club level. Thanks

Hi. A question about the patio door please. We were thinking of requesting a patio for similar reasons to you - ease of access, letting kids in and out. Can I just check with a patio door it cannot be locked from the outside so we couldn’t all leave that way?

Correct. There's no way to lock it from the outside.

Do you happen to know if this is the same for all buildings?

Yes.

OMG talk about letting go my daughter (21) is moving out today!!! Im on a rollercoaster of emotions...

Congrats to your DD on her graduation! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter