Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hubby and I are a little nervous all of our past Poly stays were CL this will be our first experience non CL and in DVC...
Im sure it will be fine tho... CL definitely spoils you but Im trying to remind myself hey at least you saved tons of money...lol

We have stayed in both, and much prefer the studio rooms. We do miss the club lounge atmosphere and offerings , but the studio room itself is much better layout than the normal rooms ...................especially for 2. Having the couch , kitchenette , and the awesome split bathroom setup of the studios is way superior to the standard Poly rooms. Thats our opinion anyway .
We are checking in next Thursday .................and have a Studio booked !

We have stayed in both, and much prefer the studio rooms. We do miss the club lounge atmosphere and offerings , but the studio room itself is much better layout than the normal rooms ...................especially for 2. Having the couch , kitchenette , and the awesome split bathroom setup of the studios is way superior to the standard Poly rooms. Thats our opinion anyway .
We are checking in next Thursday .................and have a Studio booked !

How are they for 5 people? 2 adults and 3 kids 12,9,6)? I have CL booked but am wondering if I should rethink and go with studio due to space. I just like being able to buy the extra 3 FP’s because we are staying CL.

How are they for 5 people? 2 adults and 3 kids 12,9,6)? I have CL booked but am wondering if I should rethink and go with studio due to space. I just like being able to buy the extra 3 FP’s because we are staying CL.

Poly Studios have 1 queen , 1 queen sofa bed and 1 twin fold down murphy bed VS 2 queens and a twin daybed in a normal Poly room .
The Studios add a small kitchenette area, plus (and this is a BIG one for a family of 5) the awesome split bathroom set up . One bathroom has a great walk in shower and vanity/sink , the other is MUCH larger and has a traditional tub/shower combo plus a bigger vanity sink area , and the toilet is also in the bigger bathroom side . Its nice that 2 people can get showered / ready at the same time ......or even better , someone can get showered/ ready in the walk in shower side , and keep the other one open incase someone needs to use the toilet ! Win/Win !

It would be hard for us to back to a normal Disney "hotel" room style after being DVC members and really loving the studio set-up for a couple , or a Family. .We usually stay in Studios , and 1-2 bedrooms if he whole fam is coming.

The only thing we miss .......is the CL option . We do own at AKV, and have stayed in the CL DVC rooms, but AKV is our least favorite CL lounge at WDW .

Last edited:
Poly Studios have 1 queen , 1 queen sofa bed and 1 twin fold down muprhy bed VS 2 queens and a twin daybed in a normal Poly room .
The Studios add a small kitchenette area, plus (and this is a BIG one for a family of 5) the awesome split bathroom set up . One bathroom has a great walk in shower and vanity/sink , the other is MUCH larger and has a traditional tub/shower combo plus a bigger vanity sink area , and the toilet is also in the bigger bathroom side . Its nice that 2 people can get showered / ready at the same time ......or even better , someone can get showered/ ready in the walk in shower side , and keep the other one open incase someone needs to use the toilet ! Win/Win !

It would be hard for us to back to a normal Disney "hotel" room style after being DVC members and really loving the studio set-up for a couple , or a Family. .We usually stay in Studios , and 1-2 bedrooms if he whole fam is coming.

The only thing we miss .......is the CL option . We do own at AKV, and have stayed in the CL DVC rooms, but AKV is our least favorite CL lounge at WDW .

Thank you for the insight. The two bathroom set-up is Very nice. Tough decision.

Thank you for the insight. The two bathroom set-up is Very nice. Tough decision.

How likely would you be to spend a lot of time in the lounge and at the resort? Would you spend much time at the pool versus in the room? I consider CL frequently but we are only two people so the value isn't really there for us with the lounge offerings, and I'm a combination of hyper planner and totally winging it so I wouldn't take advantage of the concierge services offered. I would take the DVC studio and the savings and use it at the pool bar :rotfl: for most trips but if it's a special occasion I'd do the CL.

When traveling to animal kingdom and Hollywood studios is it better (faster )
To pick up bus at hotel or walk over ttc?

FYI, there are no park buses at the TTC. Your only option is the Poly bus stop.
Thanks gadisneydad for quick reply. I usually rent a car but since we are staying here this time I’m not renting
I didn’t realize that you couldn’t pick up those other buses I know years ago I did
Thanks again
Love you plaza viewing thread btw!

Thanks gadisneydad for quick reply. I usually rent a car but since we are staying here this time I’m not renting
I didn’t realize that you couldn’t pick up those other buses I know years ago I did
Thanks again
Love you plaza viewing thread btw!

Thanks! Yeah, years ago - before the expanded MK bus plaza - the TTC was actually a transportation hub. Now all the resort and park-to-park buses go to the MK bus plaza instead.

Hope you have a great trip! :-)

It was a hard decision for us with 4, 2 adults and 2 teenagers. Really wanted the extra bathroom and we have stayed in Tokelau 5 times and loved the location. But the bed situation had me worried. I was worried about an uncomfortable sofa bed and we would have no choice but to use it. The kids have always liked the daybed in the regular rooms but we could also NOT use it and still be fine (girls in one bed, boys in the other). So I booked a regular room. Still having doubts though!

Thanks! Yeah, years ago - before the expanded MK bus plaza - the TTC was actually a transportation hub. Now all the resort and park-to-park buses go to the MK bus plaza instead.

Hope you have a great trip! :-)

Didn't realize this had changed since 2014. Thanks for the info! We walked to the TTC for a bus a few times in the mornings.

What time does the monorail start to run to Epcot on EMH mornings? If the park opens at 8, what time does the monorail start? Also, about how long is the monorail ride from TTC to Epcot?

Thanks!

Quick question-we have decided to add a night of RO to the end of our trip.

Our first 7 nights are in a standard room, we booked with a TA. The TA says that they can only get the standard room rack rate, nothing at the discount rate. I looked and found that I can book a DVC studio for that night cheaper-if I were to book that what are the chances that we would be allowed to stay in our original room if we were to request that?

I understand nothing is guaranteed with any request. I don't mind packing up to move, but the preference is to not have to.

In looking at the DVC studio rooms-there's no dresser right? We always unpack for longer trips and I would hate having to live out of the suitcase for that long. Where do you store your clothes?

What time does the monorail start to run to Epcot on EMH mornings? If the park opens at 8, what time does the monorail start? Also, about how long is the monorail ride from TTC to Epcot?

Thanks!

Here’s a link to the weekly Times Guide, which usually has accurate monorail hours: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

Note, the Times Guide changes week to week and monoral hours can change as well, so I’d recommend grabbing the latest one when there just to be sure you have the most current info.

I looked and found that I can book a DVC studio for that night cheaper-if I were to book that what are the chances that we would be allowed to stay in our original room if we were to request that?

Unfortunately I think your chances are slim to none, in my experience. DVC inventory is a little unknown anyway between having owners book stays with points and Disney owning some points that they use to allow guests to make cash reservations. The DVC inventory is basically an entirely different resort from the standard rooms inventory. They're not likely to be able to make a perfect swap that would let you stay in the same room.

There is not a dresser in the studios. I hung most of my clothes in the closet and stored everything else on shelves, in my suitcase, or in drawers under the bed.

Unfortunately I think your chances are slim to none, in my experience. DVC inventory is a little unknown anyway between having owners book stays with points and Disney owning some points that they use to allow guests to make cash reservations. The DVC inventory is basically an entirely different resort from the standard rooms inventory. They're not likely to be able to make a perfect swap that would let you stay in the same room.

There is not a dresser in the studios. I hung most of my clothes in the closet and stored everything else on shelves, in my suitcase, or in drawers under the bed.

I agree with this. At this point, Disney "own" only 2% of the total points at the Poly, and a DVC booking will get a DVC unit. It costs them money to move someone from DVC to a normal unit, or vice versa.

I agree with this. At this point, Disney "own" only 2% of the total points at the Poly, and a DVC booking will get a DVC unit. It costs them money to move someone from DVC to a normal unit, or vice versa.

Thank you - not long after I posted my question, the TA emailed me and let me know he was able to add on to our current stay at the discounted rate.

The 2 bathrooms would be nice, especially with 4 adults, but the lack of drawer space would be bad for us. One night would have been ok, 8 nights would be a mess!

Thank you - not long after I posted my question, the TA emailed me and let me know he was able to add on to our current stay at the discounted rate.

The 2 bathrooms would be nice, especially with 4 adults, but the lack of drawer space would be bad for us. One night would have been ok, 8 nights would be a mess!

It's really not two full bathrooms. It's one bathroom + an extra shower.

I apologize if this has been asked/answered before, but I didn't see it...
What types of snack options are available from the Grab & Go section? I'm thinking like a fruit and cheese, apple slices, string cheese, hummus and crackers, etc. option. Trying to put together a list for our grocery delivery, but we're on the dining plan so we shouldn't need much (really only doing it for a case of water and a little wine and beer...we're picky). I'd hate to buy all those things and then be scrambling to use our snack credits.

I apologize if this has been asked/answered before, but I didn't see it...
What types of snack options are available from the Grab & Go section? I'm thinking like a fruit and cheese, apple slices, string cheese, hummus and crackers, etc. option. Trying to put together a list for our grocery delivery, but we're on the dining plan so we shouldn't need much (really only doing it for a case of water and a little wine and beer...we're picky). I'd hate to buy all those things and then be scrambling to use our snack credits.

All of those you listed are available at the resort . Even beer, wine and water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter