• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

1. Does anyone have a recommendation for a quiet area somewhere in/around the Poly if our room isn't ready on arrival day and I need to try to get my toddler to nap in a stroller/on me?

The whole resort is reasonably quiet during the day, and you may find that the lobby works well for you, especially if it's hot and you need AC. 'Ohana doesn't serve lunch, so the whole upper area there is reasonably quiet from about noon to three.

If you want a spot outside, I like the little hill overlooking the bungalows. You will hear the occasional horn from the TTC ferries though.
1707846078950.png

2. How long does the monorail realistically take to MK in the morning around 7:45/8am? Is it super crowded?
3. I'm staying DVC side so is the best way to get to Epcot walking directly to the TTC?
Honestly, I prefer to walk to the TTC for both Epcot and MK. If you're in Pago Pago or Moorea it's probably closer than the Great Ceremonial House anyway.

Crowds will vary wildly depending on time of day/year, but you'll have people loading onto the resort monorail from the TTC so it can get somewhat backed up, and you may have to fold a stroller to cram in. I prefer to walk to the TTC and roll my stroller onto the ferry.

4. For the bus parks (HS and AK), I understand the Poly shares with GF. Which resort is first and how long should I allot in the morning to get to both parks for early entry? We are aiming to hit early entry for both but in a super laidback way/not aiming for any of the headliners where everyone else is headed, so I just want to be there by the start of EE and don't have to be at the front of the pack

I think busses usually go to the Poly first, then GF, but that only adds a few minutes (maybe on the longer end if there are ECVs to load on). The challenge is that while busses come every 20 minutes or so on average, they aren't totally predictable, and you may find yourself waiting 3 minutes, or 30. I personally would allow 40-60 minutes, just because I'd rather be earlier than later.

5. How long should I leave myself to get from Poly to the Contemporary for a Chef Mickeys' breakfast at 8:45am on our rest? Would being on the monorail platform at 8:30 be reasonable?
Monorails should be coming every few minutes, so if it takes 10 minutes to get to the Contemporary and 5 minutes to make it downstairs and to Chef Mickey's that seems reasonable. Depending on when the park opens, you may not get on the first monorail (e.g for a 9AM opening that may be the peak rush hour). I would personally aim for another 5-10 minutes, just to allow more time for a stoppage or something, but realistically I doubt it matters if you're a few minutes late getting to the restaurant anyway.

Have fun!!!

Honestly, I prefer to walk to the TTC for both Epcot and MK. If you're in Pago Pago or Moorea it's probably closer than the Great Ceremonial House anyway.

Thank you so much for the detailed reply and answering all my questions! I've only ever been to the Poly for Ohana and during fireworks so it's always been jam packed when I've been there so I was worried about finding a quiet spot and you've set my mind at ease!

On this point about the TTC monorail - the only reason I was thinking I would go to the great ceremonial house for the MK monorail is because I thought you got to clear security before you got to MK, which seemed like a significant plus - is that right? Do you not think that does actually save any time? I was also thinking we might grab breakfast at Captain Cook's that morning, so would be over that way (though I could just send my husband to go grab us stuff, if it is easier to do the TTC)

On this point about the TTC monorail - the only reason I was thinking I would go to the great ceremonial house for the MK monorail is because I thought you got to clear security before you got to MK, which seemed like a significant plus - is that right? Do you not think that does actually save any time? I was also thinking we might grab breakfast at Captain Cook's that morning, so would be over that way (though I could just send my husband to go grab us stuff, if it is easier to do the TTC)
You do clear security at the Poly monorail stop, but also clear security before entering at the TTC.

In both cases, once you get to MK you don't have to go through security again. (Think of it this way: whether you got on the resort monorail at the TTC or at the Poly, everybody has to exit at the same place and to be treated the same!)

Here's what that looks like on a map, with the walking route from the Poly in red. You'll head through security first, then walk past the ticket booths and bear right (monorail) or turn left (ferry).
1707850240032.png

You raise a good point about breakfast at Captain Cook's though! I'm ride-or-die for tonga toast myself. 😂 Certainly if you're already over by the GCH I would catch the monorail there, rather than walk back to the TTC.

Hi all! We have our first stay at the Poly coming up in a few weeks and I am SO EXCITED! Have wanted to stay here since I was a kid and now taking our 2.5 year old after thinking about it basically since he was born. I have a few minor questions I'm hoping those knowledgeable can answer as I firm up our plans:
  1. Does anyone have a recommendation for a quiet area somewhere in/around the Poly if our room isn't ready on arrival day and I need to try to get my toddler to nap in a stroller/on me?
Each of the longhouses, at least the ones on the DVC side - I am not sure about the regular ones, has a small “lobby”/seating area when you go in the main entrance (i.e. not the doors on the end). I am trying to remember- I think they are duplicated on the upper floors. The main floor might be busy with people coming and going. However, if you rode the elevator up to the 3rd floor I think it would be quiet enough for a little one to nap.

Has anyone had a recent experiences with a gluten allergy while staying CL? I've emailed the special diets but they are not able to elaborate on the club level offerings. I'm wondering if I should change our room to TPV & just do the dining plan?

Hello! We’re staying at CBR in April. We’re planning to eat at Ohana for dinner on our MK day. Is there anything fun we can do at Poly between our day at MK and the dinner? We think we’ll have around 1.5 hours and would rather not go back to CBR. I remember thinking Poly was beautiful when we last went, but if we’re not staying there we can’t use the pool etc…. Are there other activities for people who are not resort guests?

Hello! We’re staying at CBR in April. We’re planning to eat at Ohana for dinner on our MK day. Is there anything fun we can do at Poly between our day at MK and the dinner? We think we’ll have around 1.5 hours and would rather not go back to CBR. I remember thinking Poly was beautiful when we last went, but if we’re not staying there we can’t use the pool etc…. Are there other activities for people who are not resort guests?
Check the resort recreation calendar. I think there’s a thread of the monthly activities. Depending on time you might be able to do something like the nightly marshmallows or movie under the stars.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/monthly-resort-recreation-calendars.3871996/page-48

Each of the longhouses, at least the ones on the DVC side - I am not sure about the regular ones, has a small “lobby”/seating area when you go in the main entrance (i.e. not the doors on the end). I am trying to remember- I think they are duplicated on the upper floors. The main floor might be busy with people coming and going. However, if you rode the elevator up to the 3rd floor I think it would be quiet enough for a little one to nap.
It's only the DVC buildings with those little seating areas, the cash buildings don't have them. I wish they did!

Honestly, I find in the middle of the day the GCH is fairly quiet, once you get past the 'Ohana breakfast rush and rope droppers hitting the monorail. It tends not to get busy again until the late afternoon when people start showing up for 'Ohana dinner.

Hi all! We have our first stay at the Poly coming up in a few weeks and I am SO EXCITED! Have wanted to stay here since I was a kid and now taking our 2.5 year old after thinking about it basically since he was born. I have a few minor questions I'm hoping those knowledgeable can answer as I firm up our plans:
  2. How long does the monorail realistically take to MK in the morning around 7:45/8am? Is it super crowded?
  3. I'm staying DVC side so is the best way to get to Epcot walking directly to the TTC?
  4. For the bus parks (HS and AK), I understand the Poly shares with GF. Which resort is first and how long should I allot in the morning to get to both parks for early entry? We are aiming to hit early entry for both but in a super laidback way/not aiming for any of the headliners where everyone else is headed, so I just want to be there by the start of EE and don't have to be at the front of the pack.

ETA:

5. How long should I leave myself to get from Poly to the Contemporary for a Chef Mickeys' breakfast at 8:45am on our rest? Would being on the monorail platform at 8:30 be reasonable?
3. I stayed at Moorea last year, and TTC was what I used for both MK and Epcot. It's probably closer than the MK train at the Great Ceremonial House.

Completely random thought here, but I sincerely hope that Disney/BVCC is putting some extra soundproofing materials in the walls of the new Poly Tower rooms that face Grand Floridian Way.

Us locals know that this road backs up quite a bit after 4pm every day. And there's a car culture in Central Florida centered around vehicles with mufflers that you can hear from 5 miles away, and who can blast their music the loudest. With the tower being built so close to the roadway, and balcony doors overlooking that road, I can most definitely see this being a problem for noise sensitive Guests.... let alone completely breaking the immersion.

Anyone know how early coffee is brewed at captain cook’s? Most resorts have it ready around 630 am

We are taking a long awaited Disney trip in May. My husband, daughter and I will be staying in a lake view studio at the Poly - very excited!! Our son, daughter-in-law, and grandbaby will be staying at Copper Creek. Since we usually stay in the Epcot area, we are not very familiar with the transportation options in the MK area. Can anyone advise the best way to travel between the Poly and Copper Creek? Thanks for any insight you may have!

We are taking a long awaited Disney trip in May. My husband, daughter and I will be staying in a lake view studio at the Poly - very excited!! Our son, daughter-in-law, and grandbaby will be staying at Copper Creek. Since we usually stay in the Epcot area, we are not very familiar with the transportation options in the MK area. Can anyone advise the best way to travel between the Poly and Copper Creek? Thanks for any insight you may have!
Do you want to pay? Because a ride share is probably the quickest option. Otherwise, transportation to MK however you’d like and bus/boat to WL.

Assuming you will not have a car.

If speed and convenience is a factor, I would use Uber. The two resorts are close, so the cost is low and fast.

If you want to use Disney transportation, there are a couple choices.

I believe (not certain though), Disney recently returned the boat transportation between Contemporary and WL (which is also CCV). If this transportation is operating, ride the resort monorail to Contemporary, go down to first floor, and walk out the back (toward the pool). Go to the end of the dock and that is where the boat used to launch from.

Another option is to go to MK (Poly boat launch, ferry boat launch, or monorail). Then, ride the boat from MK to Wilderness Lodge (again CCV).

If using Disney transportation and you want the most relaxing, the boats would be my choice.

If speed and convenience is a factor, I would use Uber. The two resorts are close, so the cost is low and fast.

I believe (not certain though), Disney recently returned the boat transportation between Contemporary and WL (which is also CCV). If this transportation is operating, ride the resort monorail to Contemporary, go down to first floor, and walk out the back (toward the pool). Go to the end of the dock and that is where the boat used to launch from.

Another option is to go to MK (Poly boat launch, ferry boat launch, or monorail). Then, ride the boat from MK to Wilderness Lodge (again CCV).

If using Disney transportation and you want the most relaxing, the boats would be my choice.
Just keep in mind, the boat between Contemporary Resort and Wilderness Lodge doesn't start running until 3:00 PM.

Thank you so much! This is really helpful info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter