Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Agreed. It would draw crowds away from Trader Sam’s and I might actually be able to get a seat indoors for a change. :earboy2:
Trader Sam’s plus another great lounge option would be such a draw for new and existing buyers. Especially if they give some priority to owners/those staying there but that’s definitely wishful thinking on my part.

Last edited:
6 days till I check in for my first stay at the Poly!!!!! Been watching all the videos. You all have been really helpful with your advice. Any last minute advice for me? Gonna be getting there around 2ish and spending the rest of the day exploring the resort. What is the first thing we should do? Well besides taking care of our luggage etc lol.

6 days till I check in for my first stay at the Poly!!!!! Been watching all the videos. You all have been really helpful with your advice. Any last minute advice for me? Gonna be getting there around 2ish and spending the rest of the day exploring the resort. What is the first thing we should do? Well besides taking care of our luggage etc lol.
The first thing I always do is grab a Spiky Pineapple (dole whip with rum) and try to find a spot on the beach and watch the boats go by with the Magic Kingdom as a backdrop...if you don't partake just get the dole whip.

Go to the front desk and request a room far away from the construction.

We just booked Poly DVC for early April... is there any construction planned on the DVC buildings side for that time?

Nothing that has been announced. Granted the second you get content with things Disney pops up with unannounced projects, but I’m assuming that end of the resort should be pretty quiet for a while.

We just booked Poly DVC for early April... is there any construction planned on the DVC buildings side for that time?
Nothing that has been announced. Granted the second you get content with things Disney pops up with unannounced projects, but I’m assuming that end of the resort should be pretty quiet for a while.
I thought I read somewhere that they might be painting the outside of the buildings but I can’t find anything about it now and I don’t remember if it was only for the hotel side or PVB or both. Maybe to match the new tower? Idk I could be wrong but hopefully someone can corroborate or tell me I was misinformed.

I thought I read somewhere that they might be painting the outside of the buildings but I can’t find anything about it now and I don’t remember if it was only for the hotel side or PVB or both. Maybe to match the new tower? Idk I could be wrong but hopefully someone can corroborate or tell me I was misinformed.
They were recently painting Nuie. Although I did not see any mention of any others...???

Heading down mid-March with Water-view booked--was trying to avoid being placed in Aotearoa with all the construction but now wondering how they've been assigning the 2nd and 3rd floors lagoon facing rooms there? Anyone have any 1st hand knowledge? I checked out Touring Plans but I know that things tend to work differently in the real world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter