Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Yes you have access on check out day all day! Make sure to request your wrist bands. On NYE they have reserved seating on the beach with a special section for cl guests as well. Your only hard part will be getting out of Poly to another resort.

If you can manage a value or mod Disney resort you could get to mk via mono and bus to your resort after the festivities. They keep bus routes as open as possible. Getting to Orlando could be a mess.

12/31 at poly is so fun!

+++There are showers at the bathroom near pool slide. Also a 1/2 bath 3rd floor of lounge.

You can mono or boat around and have a fun day! I often boat to WL from MK which is a lovely resort at the holidays.
Thank you that's really helpful. Good to know we will be able to take part in everything that's going on that day.

Its more than three months away and they cancelled the flight already? Im not well versed on airline travel or a frequent flyer.
Hi yes our flight from USA to Uk is fine but our internal flight in the UK has been cancelled - Not sure why. There's no other flight back to our home airport that day so we've had to do a rethink. Decided an extra day in Florida was proabably a better choice for us than an extra day in London!

Last edited:

Its more than three months away and they cancelled the flight already? Im not well versed on airline travel or a frequent flyer.
I travel often and flights get canceled or have times changed pretty often. I always check my flights once a week or two. Why? Sometimes they swap out a larger plane for a smaller and just move your seat. If you catch it early you can move yourself somewhere better than what they assigned.

Best practice? Check with your carrier often, make sure you have the app prior to leaving your home.

That happened to us this year. Worked out great our great tho- we arrived the day before at 5pm (as opposed to our usual early morning flight) so room was ready and we enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Topolinos (currently best restaurant on property BY FAR!!)🌺

Ok...so just made a reservation utilizing DVC points to Poly Villas in April 2024...Standard View. This will be the first time there since the world stopped in March 2020 (we departed a week before the parks closed).
We stayed in Tokelau 3rd floor as at the time this was considered among the favorites in Standard View.
Is this still the consensus or is there somewhere else I should be considering?
Much appreciated!

You asked for a specific location and/or floor etc? They will do that, so long as it fits within the category of room type?

You asked for a specific location and/or floor etc? They will do that, so long as it fits within the category of room type?
I request my rooms via the Touring Plans site... they will contact Disney (it may still be a fax? lol) and I have had pretty decent success getting close to my request if not the actual room via this method.
Edited to add this requires a subscription. $14 a year or something.

You can submit a location request by calling Disney reservations or via TP, or via the limited options when doing online checkin (if you call or do TP, leave that part of online checkin blank). No matter how submitted, no request is guaranteed to be fulfilled.

Ok...so just made a reservation utilizing DVC points to Poly Villas in April 2024...Standard View. This will be the first time there since the world stopped in March 2020 (we departed a week before the parks closed).
We stayed in Tokelau 3rd floor as at the time this was considered among the favorites in Standard View.
Is this still the consensus or is there somewhere else I should be considering?
Much appreciated!
We stayed 3rd floor Tokelau in July, and it was perfect!! I will definitely be requesting that next trip. Our only submitted request was Tokelau, but we certainly lucked out with 3rd floor!

Im spending way too much on this trip and went over what was my original budget. But going to try and spend a day at Universal. Even in the back of my mind as a possibility there seem to be group tours leaving from WDW to kennedy space center for a day trip.

Then again, who knows might not be in Orlando again till 2026.

just returned from a girls trip 9/14- 9/17. We had booked a standard view studio. I requested Tokelau through Touring Plans. We ended up I. Pago Pago room 1126 on the first floor. I wasn’t excited about that as I wanted a balcony but I accepted what we received and went on.

Turns out our room was at the end of Pago Pago closest to TTC and it ended up being very convenient. We were also able to see fireworks, which I wasn’t expecting at all!

Attachments

• IMG_6625.jpeg
    IMG_6625.jpeg
    39.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6641.jpeg
    IMG_6641.jpeg
    49.1 KB · Views: 26
just returned from a girls trip 9/14- 9/17. We had booked a standard view studio. I requested Tokelau through Touring Plans. We ended up I. Pago Pago room 1126 on the first floor. I wasn’t excited about that as I wanted a balcony but I accepted what we received and went on.

Turns out our room was at the end of Pago Pago closest to TTC and it ended up being very convenient. We were also able to see fireworks, which I wasn’t expecting at all!
Looks like it worked out...I thought the Longhouses didn't have balconies, only patios on the 1st floor? Am I wrong?

Ok I just read that most 2nd floors on the hotel side there do not...but DVC buildings do...I don't recall having one in Tokelau 3rd floor back in 2020...sorry for the confusion.

Ok I just read that most 2nd floors on the hotel side there do not...but DVC buildings do...I don't recall having one in Tokelau 3rd floor back in 2020...sorry for the confusion.
No worries, I could be very wrong about that. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter