• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

@jsjd2000 :welcome:I just realized you are new to dis.

If you have not yet done so go to page 1 of this thread and read up . Knowing the resort map and transportation and dining options are very important before you arrive. Also play with the APP. See what dining you can book and what the menus look like. I go seversl times a year to wdw but still check my menus for the resort I will next stay at. It always changes and hours do too sometimes.

I like all ears.net for tutorials on dining, genie+, hotel info etc.

I love poly and have stayed in the hotel and dvc rooms. My next up is a dvc in November. I am not going to make a request because all 3 floors have a balcony/patio which is my 1st choice. My last 2 dvc side have been in Moorea. I like it there . You can see the castle from the top of the staircases. 😃

@jsjd2000 :welcome:I just realized you are new to dis.

If you have not yet done so go to page 1 of this thread and read up . Knowing the resort map and transportation and dining options are very important before you arrive. Also play with the APP. See what dining you can book and what the menus look like. I go seversl times a year to wdw but still check my menus for the resort I will next stay at. It always changes and hours do too sometimes.

I like all ears.net for tutorials on dining, genie+, hotel info etc.

I love poly and have stayed in the hotel and dvc rooms. My next up is a dvc in November. I am not going to make a request because all 3 floors have a balcony/patio which is my 1st choice. My last 2 dvc side have been in Moorea. I like it there . You can see the castle from the top of the staircases. 😃
Thanks so much!

Room request advice: we're booked resort view, which is a new category to us, I know it means standard. Any advice on what to request for someone who values quiet and a decent view? TIA!

Just returned from a lovely stay at the Poly. We had requested a king room in Rarotonga. Our room was 3rd floor over looking the monorail. We stayed in this building last summer 1st floor and was hoping for same room. It was exactly the same except 3rd floor. We were very happy!
My only complaint was the pool situation. This was more of a resort vacation for us. We wanted to spend days at the pool. Our first full day we couldn’t find a chair with an umbrella at the quiet pool fairly early in the morning ( before 10). We noticed people would save chairs and leave for hours… go back to room, parks ????
My DH went down to the quiet pool the next day at 7 am when pool opened and could not find a spot. It was very disappointing and frustrating when you are paying so much to stay here. I know it was July 4th week so this issue may not be as bad for most people. But if people didn’t do this it would be fair for everyone. I’m not sure why some think they are more entitled than others.
I still love the Poly and hope our next stay’s pool time is more enjoyable than stressful.
How did you put your request in for that?

Checking in soon! Are pool noodles permitted at the main pool? We just stayed at YC BC and they were permitted. Thanks!

Room request advice: we're booked resort view, which is a new category to us, I know it means standard. Any advice on what to request for someone who values quiet and a decent view? TIA!
To be away from construction request near transportation/bus stop which is in front of Rarotonga. You can get a view of the parking lot but the monorail zooming by makes up for it.

*** For requests you can call and ask it to be noted on reservation. When you get room ready text look to see if you get the building or bedding preference. If not stop at the lobby. Poly has always been good about looking for a room to meet a guests needs.

How did you put your request in for that?
Exactly what Trishadono said about the request. Just call and ask. I also checked at the front desk when we got there to see if the request was fulfilled before they put us in a room first and needed to change.
Also wanted to say that both times we stayed in Rarotonga we had a monorail view. The trees and greenery are so lush we could barely see the bus stop let alone the parking lot. It’s actually really quiet.

We also noticed that unless you were on balcony you couldn’t even hear the monorail. 😃

Exactly what Trishadono said about the request. Just call and ask. I also checked at the front desk when we got there to see if the request was fulfilled before they put us in a room first and needed to change.
Also wanted to say that both times we stayed in Rarotonga we had a monorail view. The trees and greenery are so lush we could barely see the bus stop let alone the parking lot. It’s actually really quiet.

We also noticed that unless you were on balcony you couldn’t even hear the monorail. 😃
Did you call the front desk or WDW? I booked through Costco and unfortunately no one from the Disney world call center can put in a request for me since it was booked through Costco. The person from Costco said I can call the front desk about two weeks prior to check in and see if I can put my request in but I don’t think anyone can actually call the front desk… I think it just all goes to the same call center.

Did you call the front desk or WDW? I booked through Costco and unfortunately no one from the Disney world call center can put in a request for me since it was booked through Costco. The person from Costco said I can call the front desk about two weeks prior to check in and see if I can put my request in but I don’t think anyone can actually call the front desk… I think it just all goes to the same call center.
Yeah this is the problem with booking through a non-Disney focused TA, you get people that aren't necessarily knowledgeable about Disney quirks. You're right, there is no "front desk" to call, even when you push the button on the phone in your room your call is going to a centralized call center. This is why I would only go through Costco if staying at Swan/Dolphin tbh. When you book through a TA you are ceding control of your reservation to them so you want to make sure you go with people that know what they're doing. Disney won't do anything with a guest's reservation if they're booked through a TA.

If Costco still won't do it for you I would just get a Touring Plans subscription. It's good to have anyway, the cost is minimal and also gives you access to their Lines app for crowdsourced wait times. But they have an automatic room request service where you can look at various room views and set up a request for them to email about 30 days out from your trip. I actually book through a Disney-focused TA and I still submit my requests through TP. Have always had really good results with it too, but always add notes about why I picked a room.

Yes it was WDW not the front desk. They may still be able to accommodate your request upon arrival.

Yeah this is the problem with booking through a non-Disney focused TA, you get people that aren't necessarily knowledgeable about Disney quirks. You're right, there is no "front desk" to call, even when you push the button on the phone in your room your call is going to a centralized call center. This is why I would only go through Costco if staying at Swan/Dolphin tbh. When you book through a TA you are ceding control of your reservation to them so you want to make sure you go with people that know what they're doing. Disney won't do anything with a guest's reservation if they're booked through a TA.

If Costco still won't do it for you I would just get a Touring Plans subscription. It's good to have anyway, the cost is minimal and also gives you access to their Lines app for crowdsourced wait times. But they have an automatic room request service where you can look at various room views and set up a request for them to email about 30 days out from your trip. I actually book through a Disney-focused TA and I still submit my requests through TP. Have always had really good results with it too, but always add notes about why I picked a room.
Thank you. It was $1200 cheaper to book a Costco package than going through Disney directly, even with the summer deal. I was flabbergasted to say the least.

This is the building I put my request in for. Hoping to get it.

I’ll be the unnecessary downer I guess but just noting Tokelau is a long building. @bcuinohio shared a lovely pic from that end of the building. Last time I stayed there my room had a nice view of the roaring blowers from the pool pump facility and the smoking benches. So, less magical. Still lovely, big rooms though and the central Tokelau location makes for a really nice Poly home base.

Enjoy your stay!

I’ll be the unnecessary downer I guess but just noting Tokelau is a long building. @bcuinohio shared a lovely pic from that end of the building. Last time I stayed there my room had a nice view of the roaring blowers from the pool pump facility and the smoking benches. So, less magical. Still lovely, big rooms though and the central Tokelau location makes for a really nice Poly home base.

Enjoy your st
I appreciate your input. What building would be better to request?

I appreciate your input. What building would be better to request?

Tokelau would still be my request despite my commentary above. It’s a big building with lots of good views with just a few looking towards that smoking bench. The rooms on the north end are more preferable in my opinion given you’re closer to the water with views looking left or right depending on your side of the building.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter