• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Is there a work around to use an owners locker for a Universal Studios stay? Is there a way to pick it up from an alternate location or something?
I think there might be - I would send them an email to ask. They're very responsive!

Disney restaurants are extremely inconsistent for the most part, and I think it's helpful to remember that. 'Ohana's just the most stark example of it. After literal years of hearing how bad it sucks now and it's gone downhill, we had a fantastic dinner there just last month with excellent, non-rushed service. Same with Tambu. We didn't have a single bad meal during our stay at all, in fact, after months of hearing how the food sucks on property now, etc. Even 50s Primetime that I had zero expectations for was solid and we enjoyed it (I honestly thought their chicken was seasoned better than Art Smith's that everyone raves about). And I live in NYC for the record so it's not my palate being weak.

Re: the options at the Poly...to each their own I like the Poly precisely because it doesn't have the same basic food like at the other resorts. Tbh of the resorts I've stayed at only Coronado matches it for onsite options imo. And the Grand is a short walk away if you're not in the mood for Americanized pan-Asian stuff. But I'm not a grab and go sort to begin with, I tend to only go in those refrigerated cases for cupcakes lol.
I too had kind of written off 'Ohana based on the awful reviews over the past year or two. We were there last week and actually cancelled dinner reservations twice because we weren't feeling it. We made a last minute reservation (perfectly timed for Happily Ever After) friday night, and it was FANTASTIC. We were right at the window, great server, well timed, drinks kept full - I was kicking myself for cancelling the reservations earlier in the week. Maybe we just got lucky, but it placed 'Ohana firmly back on our go-to list.

That is some great information! Thank you. It will be me and grown DD. Neither of us drink but I know we can still get non alcoholic drinks at those places if we still want to experience them. Glad to hear I can get the bread pudding mobile ordered. I like the idea of ordering it and eating it on that patio. Sounds relaxing. I really appreciate the help!
My adult son & I splurged on a quik weekend at Poly last spring. Our first ever "just the 2 of us" WDW stay & it was absolutely magical. When I go solo I stay our our DVC OKW. But there is nothing like the Poly, even with all the changes since I was a kid in the 70s.
If you can get in, Trader Sam's is a blast. Even for non-drinkers! But a quieter way to enjoy that vibe is to sit outside on their patio. The CMs are great & the view is perfect.
We also eat outside Captain Cooks B, L or D if we want...breeze blowing thru the palms & the wonderful Poly soundtrack. I've been to 4 wonderful islands in Hawai'i & Poly puts me right back there.
At sundown the tiki torches are lit along all the walkways.
We watched the fireworks from the beach & it was crowded. But we stood back on the sidewalk & enjoyed them.
Have a wonderful time together. 🌴🌺🍍:tink:

My adult son & I splurged on a quik weekend at Poly last spring. Our first ever "just the 2 of us" WDW stay & it was absolutely magical. When I go solo I stay our our DVC OKW. But there is nothing like the Poly, even with all the changes since I was a kid in the 70s.
If you can get in, Trader Sam's is a blast. Even for non-drinkers! But a quieter way to enjoy that vibe is to sit outside on their patio. The CMs are great & the view is perfect.
We also eat outside Captain Cooks B, L or D if we want...breeze blowing thru the palms & the wonderful Poly soundtrack. I've been to 4 wonderful islands in Hawai'i & Poly puts me right back there.
We watched the fireworks from the beach & it was crowded. But we stood back on the sidewalk & enjoyed them.
Thank you so much. I can't even say how excited I am to stay here. We usually stay at the Wilderness Lodge or Boardwalk but wanted to finally stay here.

🥹🌺

Can anyone tell me if the DVC studios are still in the same three buildings or have the build more DVC studios in other parts of the resort? I know they are building the new DVC building.

Can anyone tell me if the DVC studios are still in the same three buildings or have the build more DVC studios in other parts of the resort? I know they are building the new DVC building.
The studios are still Moorea, Pago Pago and Tokelau.

The new building in is on the other side of the resort. Looks like it will have some villas. Still waiting for more details from Disney about it and opening date,

Just returned from a lovely stay at the Poly. We had requested a king room in Rarotonga. Our room was 3rd floor over looking the monorail. We stayed in this building last summer 1st floor and was hoping for same room. It was exactly the same except 3rd floor. We were very happy!
My only complaint was the pool situation. This was more of a resort vacation for us. We wanted to spend days at the pool. Our first full day we couldn’t find a chair with an umbrella at the quiet pool fairly early in the morning ( before 10). We noticed people would save chairs and leave for hours… go back to room, parks ????
My DH went down to the quiet pool the next day at 7 am when pool opened and could not find a spot. It was very disappointing and frustrating when you are paying so much to stay here. I know it was July 4th week so this issue may not be as bad for most people. But if people didn’t do this it would be fair for everyone. I’m not sure why some think they are more entitled than others.
I still love the Poly and hope our next stay’s pool time is more enjoyable than stressful.

Just returned from a lovely stay at the Poly. We had requested a king room in Rarotonga. Our room was 3rd floor over looking the monorail. We stayed in this building last summer 1st floor and was hoping for same room. It was exactly the same except 3rd floor. We were very happy!
My only complaint was the pool situation. This was more of a resort vacation for us. We wanted to spend days at the pool. Our first full day we couldn’t find a chair with an umbrella at the quiet pool fairly early in the morning ( before 10). We noticed people would save chairs and leave for hours… go back to room, parks ????
My DH went down to the quiet pool the next day at 7 am when pool opened and could not find a spot. It was very disappointing and frustrating when you are paying so much to stay here. I know it was July 4th week so this issue may not be as bad for most people. But if people didn’t do this it would be fair for everyone. I’m not sure why some think they are more entitled than others.
I still love the Poly and hope our next stay’s pool time is more enjoyable than stressful.
If I don’t see shoes or belongings I remove the towels. You can’t get to the pool without shoes, I also eye ball the pool, if it’s empty obviously they are not at the pool.

I also ask people sitting, “have you seen anybody here in these seats , part of your family?”. On occasion they say kids on their way but usually “nope” haven’t seen anybody .

You don’t get to reserve pool chairs. Life guards and pool staff should do a better job. GF seems to fyi.

Glad you had a nice trip otherwise 😀

Does anyone know what building the Standard View Roll DVC Studio/Roll In Shower Rooms are in?
Sorry missed that. Since Disney doesn’t tell us it’s hard to say. However my best guess would be scattered among the three buildings. I know I have been in rooms that were HA in the past and at poly they were 1st floor. But I dont know just guessing,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter