• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Yikes that is not a lot of notice. Thx for posting!

Yeah, agree. I haven’t stayed at Poly in a bit but last time I walked through a few weeks ago the slide was closed. I’ve been assuming that was an isolated thing since I haven’t seen any other reports(?). I guess it’s possible maybe something has popped up with the plumbing, seams, etc that needed attention. Or just Disney not being very proactive with scheduling/communication.

Also, I’ve seen the fantasy in the sky videos (most are 12/30, so lower crowds vs 12/31) and I don’t think we will ever do it again so it might be worth it to see the castle countdown once in a lifetime.

There are very few videos on exiting and how horrendous the lines are at the monorail (experienced them during spring break) but even yesterday (friend is currently in the park so I’ve been helping with planning) it was a standstill post fireworks and the backstage areas on both sides of Main Street were opened up to move people out of the park (sold out Mk day).
Monorail lines were horrible for us leaving MK on our non party day. We ended up taking the boat back, which also took longer than it should. In general we did not feel the monorail was running at its pre pandemic frequency. They especially seemed unprepared at park closing. I assume it’s staffing issues.

Are they going to move the monorail or anything for this new DVC building? Trying to picture exactly what the new layout will be.

Monorail lines were horrible for us leaving MK on our non party day. We ended up taking the boat back, which also took longer than it should. In general we did not feel the monorail was running at its pre pandemic frequency. They especially seemed unprepared at park closing. I assume it’s staffing issues.
When we see long lines we walk to CR and hop on there for poly. It sounds odd but I’d rather be moving than standing and you will be back to your room pretty quick this way. For Cr and gf we just walk home.

I have been going often since reopening 2020. The staffing issues can be seen lots of places. :(

Yeah, agree. I haven’t stayed at Poly in a bit but last time I walked through a few weeks ago the slide was closed. I’ve been assuming that was an isolated thing since I haven’t seen any other reports(?). I guess it’s possible maybe something has popped up with the plumbing, seams, etc that needed attention. Or just Disney not being very proactive with scheduling/communication.
ugh, it will be closed when we are there. so disappointing for my kids; might try to change hotels.

ugh, it will be closed when we are there. so disappointing for my kids; might try to change hotels.
Same here. I was already concerned with construction since we are booked in a standard room, so this put me over the edge. We have never stayed at the Poly, and we were so excited, but we are switching. My kids love the slides at resorts.

Here now. Colder than expected, but we are enjoying the Polynesian Christmas music loop. Anyone know if it is available for download anywhere as an MP3? Going home in 2 days and would love to warm our Northeast Christmas with memories of a great trip. TIA for any help.

We are arriving at Poly on Jan 29; what are the chances that they might finish the slide refurbishment early?

Here now. Colder than expected, but we are enjoying the Polynesian Christmas music loop. Anyone know if it is available for download anywhere as an MP3? Going home in 2 days and would love to warm our Northeast Christmas with memories of a great trip. TIA for any help.
youtube would be your friend on that one - i just searched and there are several versions of it there. there are also websites you can find that can convert a youtube video to an mp3 if you wanted to "keep" the file.

Ditto (will be there the 4th to the 13th) but my kiddos are younger. My wife and I will really be the disappointed ones this year!

Is there a place to buy pantry items like cereal, bread? We are doing grocery delivery (whole foods) but options for cereal are minimal.

Last edited:
Is there a place to buy pantry items like cereal, bread? We are doing grocery delivery (whole foods) but options for cereal are minimal.
There is a limited selection available in the shops upstairs near ‘Ohana. Not as robust as some of the other hotels with DVC — presumably because (other than the bungalows) the units don’t have full kitchens — but you’ll find at least a few kinds of cereal.

DD18 and I were going to head to WDW next Dec. right after she finished finals. The cold here in CT plus the cold this week in WDW made me switch up our plans. I just booked us for a quick 3 night trip at the Poly when she finishes school in May. Looking forward to sunshine and tropical vibes at the Poly. We are in the dvc section so hopefully won’t be bothered by the construction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter