Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Have there been any random, unscheduled character appearances happening at the Polynesian? I heard about this happening sporadically at other resorts and was wondering about the Poly.

Have there been any random, unscheduled character appearances happening at the Polynesian? I heard about this happening sporadically at other resorts and was wondering about the Poly.
Yes! Last week, chip and dale, Pluto, goofy, and a few other characters showed up in the afternoon and danced on the grass with kids and took pictures. It’s the only time we saw it so it must be random.

Polynesian Resort 50th Anniversary Glasses

Each glass is $17.99 and are available at the Polynesian Resort.

17C912BB-D3EF-486C-86CD-3ED84B2817F7.jpeg

48627008-479D-48F2-95A1-672EEC0163C9.jpeg

Just noticed while checking our reservation that a standard view studio is the same price as a standard view room? Is this for real? Should I switch my standard view room with a standard view studio for our trip next summer? ( I realize it's a personal choice, but what would you do?)

Should I switch my standard view room with a standard view studio for our trip next summer?
If your pricing is the same. For next summer I would switch to a DVC Studio to be further away for the new DVC tower construction that will in full "construction" mode during your visit.

Note: The DVC construction is supposed to be complete by late 2024.

Dave

If your pricing is the same. For next summer I would switch to a DVC Studio to be further away for the new DVC tower construction that will in full "construction" mode during your visit.

Note: The DVC construction is supposed to be complete by late 2024.

Dave
Thank you for your response!

Just noticed while checking our reservation that a standard view studio is the same price as a standard view room? Is this for real? Should I switch my standard view room with a standard view studio for our trip next summer? ( I realize it's a personal choice, but what would you do?)
Good question! I have done both. I prefer the new moana rooms however having an extra bathroom with the studio is nice. Also the studio has guaranteed outdoor space whereas the hotel side does not on the 2nd floor.

Depends on size of party. For 2 people either will work fine with an edge to studio for balcony/patio and closer to TTC. Also I forgot about the kitchenette. Do you need that?

For me and dd trips I grab one based on availability and price. I am happy with both.

I know Kona Cafe was closing for refurb but was continuing mobile ordering but this afternoon I saw they had availability for ADRs in Sept.

Anyone hear how long Kona Cafe will be under refurb?

🌺
Kona Cafe at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort closing for refurbishment this summer

Kona Cafe at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort will be closing for a refurbishment beginning August 15 2022.

Reservations are still available through August 14, Kona's final day of operation before refurbishment. During the closure of Kona, Kona Island will offer breakfast, lunch and dinner via Mobile Order in My Disney Experience.

There is no word yet on what the changes will be made, or how long Kona Cafe will be closed. The restaurant is currently listed as closed through at least September 1 2022.

I’m sad it’s closed for our whole stay:/ I’m hoping this means the resort is a bit quieter than usual though.

I haven't stayed at Poly since 2017 (my only stay to date - we were Club Level), but I've got a stay coming up the first week of August. Just my wife and 16 year old. We had a standard view booked, but like MedicMathes above, checked today and a DVC Deluxe Studio (Standard View) opened up for the exact same rate and I panicked and grabbed it. Now I've got some worries whether I made the right decision, so just a couple questions I'm hoping y'all can answer.

1. How often are special room requests honored ? I know the Deluxe Studios are only in 3 longhouses. I don't really care what other room we get, but I'd really prefer to avoid a parking lot view if at all possible.

2. Is the square footage of the main room in the Deluxe Studio's significantly smaller ? My wife really likes the idea of a second bathroom - enough that she's willing to sleep on a Murphy Bed - but I can't seem to find out if the extra bathroom takes space away or if they just are bigger rooms than the Standard View.

3. Has construction started on the new tower yet ? If so, seems to me the Deluxe Studio longhouses are going to be a lot more quiet. Maybe my only negative on our first trip was just how loud and busy the Polynesian always was. I'll trade a slightly longer walk for a little more quiet.

Looking forward to coming back. We planned this one kind of the last minute, but we've got a couple "resort only" days to hang around the Monorail loop. Hoping to have a lot more time to spend at the resort this time around.

I haven't stayed at Poly since 2017 (my only stay to date - we were Club Level), but I've got a stay coming up the first week of August. Just my wife and 16 year old. We had a standard view booked, but like MedicMathes above, checked today and a DVC Deluxe Studio (Standard View) opened up for the exact same rate and I panicked and grabbed it. Now I've got some worries whether I made the right decision, so just a couple questions I'm hoping y'all can answer.

1. How often are special room requests honored ? I know the Deluxe Studios are only in 3 longhouses. I don't really care what other room we get, but I'd really prefer to avoid a parking lot view if at all possible.

2. Is the square footage of the main room in the Deluxe Studio's significantly smaller ? My wife really likes the idea of a second bathroom - enough that she's willing to sleep on a Murphy Bed - but I can't seem to find out if the extra bathroom takes space away or if they just are bigger rooms than the Standard View.

3. Has construction started on the new tower yet ? If so, seems to me the Deluxe Studio longhouses are going to be a lot more quiet. Maybe my only negative on our first trip was just how loud and busy the Polynesian always was. I'll trade a slightly longer walk for a little more quiet.

Looking forward to coming back. We planned this one kind of the last minute, but we've got a couple "resort only" days to hang around the Monorail loop. Hoping to have a lot more time to spend at the resort this time around.

To avoid a parking lot view you can request Tokelau, Moorea and Pago Pago facing north. The south side of Pago Pago is the only way you would end up looking at the parking lot in a DVC studio.

The studio villas are a pretty good size and you’ll gain a small kitchen in addition to two bathrooms. I haven’t stayed in the new Moana rooms, but I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the villa size in the living area.

If you’re looking for quiet and less construction noise then you’ll be better off in the DVC longhouses anyway. They aren’t building the tower yet- but there is construction over there.

The 3 dvc building were built after the resort was originally built. I stayed in rooms from original buildings and the newer buildings too. The dvc buildings have larger rooms. So even with extra bathroom the living still is big.

It’s nice to be close to ttc if you plan on going to Epcot too. It should be quicker with construction so far from there👍

Last edited:

Polynesian Resort 50th Anniversary Glasses

Each glass is $17.99 and are available at the Polynesian Resort.
FYI - I bought 4 of these at Boutiki in June. The Poly logo and stylistic elements are apparenly a decal, rather than etched or painted on. One of them started peeling off after the first wash - so I'd definitely be careful with them and hand wash them if you get them. Love the glass but really Disney ? $18 / glass and you can't come up with a glass as durable as what Pizza Hut gave out for free as an advertising promotion in the 80s ?

To avoid a parking lot view you can request Tokelau, Moorea and Pago Pago facing north. The south side of Pago Pago is the only way you would end up looking at the parking lot in a DVC studio.

The studio villas are a pretty good size and you’ll gain a small kitchen in addition to two bathrooms. I haven’t stayed in the new Moana rooms, but I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the villa size in the living area.

If you’re looking for quiet and less construction noise then you’ll be better off in the DVC longhouses anyway. They aren’t building the tower yet- but there is construction over there.
Thanks Shoegal .... does anyone know how to make that request in advance of arrival and checkin time ? Obviously MDE is too limited for that kind of a request.

Someone else started a thread about coffee... which had me realize - Captain Cooks doesn't open until 7am now? That's the earliest place to get coffee and breakfast as well right? Do we need to plan to have something in our room/wait until the park if we rope drop? (We arrive August 19th)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter