• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Not sure if this is allowed, but I’m checking out Tuesday and have quite a few (sealed) snacks… crackers, pretzels, breakfast bars, Dasani water. If you’re interested in taking them on Monday night, please let me know. :earsboy:

Mods, please delete if this breaks any rules. Thanks!

Trying to plan for February trip. First trip since Covid. How are monorails currently being ran- packed in like precovid? Buses packed?

Currently I’m booked Wilderness Lodge Club level for my 3 nights before our cruise in October. I started thinking about switching to Poly CL to be more central and for the tropical vibe, we will only be visiting 2 parks this time (MK and DHS). Why are no club level rooms showing up online when I look? What rooms are the overwater bungalows? (Are they DVC?) if I don’t get a CL room what building would you recommend to be central? I kind of liked the old Samoa blg views of the volcano pool, but I’m hoping to book CL rooms (1 lagoon view for hubby and I, and 1 GV for our boys as they aren’t big on a special view and would be happy just to save money on a room)

Currently I’m booked Wilderness Lodge Club level for my 3 nights before our cruise in October. I started thinking about switching to Poly CL to be more central and for the tropical vibe, we will only be visiting 2 parks this time (MK and DHS). Why are no club level rooms showing up online when I look? What rooms are the overwater bungalows? (Are they DVC?) if I don’t get a CL room what building would you recommend to be central? I kind of liked the old Samoa blg views of the volcano pool, but I’m hoping to book CL rooms (1 lagoon view for hubby and I, and 1 GV for our boys as they aren’t big on a special view and would be happy just to save money on a room)

I posted about CL on your other thread... I'll answer the Bungalow question here. The Bungalows are DVC, so would need to be booked via renting points or they are occasionally available for cash booking on Disney's website: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/polynesian-villas-bungalows/rates-rooms/

They are cute/fun, but I don't totally love them. I'd rather be in a regular room, frankly.

As for other longhouses - I like Samoa (but so does everyone else) and Rarotonga (views not the best but excellent central location). My least favorite is the Fiji/Tuvalu/Aotearoa side of the resort as it feels a little too "off to the side" for me. I like being more in the center of things at Poly. But I'm splitting hairs quite a bit with that comment.

I posted about CL on your other thread... I'll answer the Bungalow question here. The Bungalows are DVC, so would need to be booked via renting points or they are occasionally available for cash booking on Disney's website: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/polynesian-villas-bungalows/rates-rooms/

They are cute/fun, but I don't totally love them. I'd rather be in a regular room, frankly.

As for other longhouses - I like Samoa (but so does everyone else) and Rarotonga (views not the best but excellent central location). My least favorite is the Fiji/Tuvalu/Aotearoa side of the resort as it feels a little too "off to the side" for me. I like being more in the center of things at Poly. But I'm splitting hairs quite a bit with that comment.
Thanks again! Yes I like To be central too which is why I’d really like a club room in Hawaii blg. Hopefully we will get a price and a room that will meet our needs before the summer, hoping for availability to open up 🥰 perhaps it’s because CL is still closed as well that full booking availability isn’t open?

Odd question: is the Tonga Toast from Capt. Cook's something that can be eaten by hand while on the move, or do you pretty much have to have time to sit down with it?

Just doublechecking before I start packing. From the photos of the Moana rooms it appears the coffee maker next to Hei Hei is now a k-cup brewer? Is this correct? I'm trying to decide if I should bring some k-cups of my favorite coffee as without daily mousekeeping I will run out of the coffee that gets me going in the morning.

Just doublechecking before I start packing. From the photos of the Moana rooms it appears the coffee maker next to Hei Hei is now a k-cup brewer? Is this correct? I'm trying to decide if I should bring some k-cups of my favorite coffee as without daily mousekeeping I will run out of the coffee that gets me going in the morning.

Yes, it's a Keurig - a definite upgrade over the prior puck style machines in the old rooms.

FWIW, you can always call housekeeping or use the text feature in the app to request more coffee. When I've done it they usually quickly bring gobs of k-cups and supplies.

Just booked ourselves for 8 nights Lake view studio at the Poly in August! I'm so excited.

If I'm correct, Lake view studio's are all in Moorea?

Also, does anyone know if I would be able to request a keurig machine in our dvc room? I much prefer that to the regular drip coffee machines. Not a big deal if they can't provide one, but thought I would ask here if it is even a possibility.

Odd question: is the Tonga Toast from Capt. Cook's something that can be eaten by hand while on the move, or do you pretty much have to have time to sit down with it?

Your hands and clothes will be pretty messy if you try and eat that without a fork and knife.

This is opinion of course, but I think it's pretty bad from CC's. Honestly, it's bad at Kona Cafe, too, but you get the sauce there to help with the ungodly dryness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter