Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Has anyone ever managed to get a TPV room with a king bed? Both Touring Plans and the WDW site agree on them being 2Q only as an option, I’m just hoping they’re wrong…

Yes, as PP said, the Tonga suites have been fully renovated and it’s currently open (although no CL services). IMO sometimes Disney does some strange things with suite availability online, or it may just be your dates - not sure? Or it could be a CL thing since at some point they need to get the suites back in the “CL category” whenever Poly CL opens.

The renovations are beautiful, BTW.

I can’t believe this! Heard on this board that a Tonga was available in November next year, and I was able to book it for a week!
Since it’s the King KAMEHAMEHA suite, i‘m looking forward to staying there after this new rehab. Plus, it’ll give us a good reason to invite others!

While waiting for my press pot a couple of security CMs went out to the monorail station. The doors are still covered so you can’t see out, but I could see through when they opened them. Security stuff was all set up, but couldn’t see much beyond that. Must be getting somewhere close.

I was waiting on my breakfast order from Kona yesterday and was sitting at a chair right in front of the doors that go out to the platform. a construction worker slid the doors open for a minute to talk to someone and I could see they were putting up a light fixture right there, and the whole area looks pretty well ready to go (from my untrained eye). I think they still have some things to go, but you can tell by the smell there has been painting going on, and some other chemical that I can't put my finger on but I'm sure you could get high from if you stood there to figure it out long enough lol. I still don't know about 1 week, but 2 weeks tops and that station should be ready.

While waiting for my press pot a couple of security CMs went out to the monorail station. The doors are still covered so you can’t see out, but I could see through when they opened them. Security stuff was all set up, but couldn’t see much beyond that. Must be getting somewhere close.
They didn't have the security stuff set up yesterday morning, that's a good sign!

we’ve learned we really prefer having two full-time beds and not having to make up/pull out a bed every day.
The DVC villas are currently going through a soft goods referb and being furnished with the murphy beds vs the pull out couch. We are excited as those pull outs are not very comfy. So the murphy beds will have an actual mattress. The kitchenette is so nice with the microwave, toaster, mini fridge and coffee maker. It helps us have a quick breakfast in the morning so we can get rolling. The 2 bathrooms are so helpful when getting our party of 5 ready.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter