Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

I have to say, in regards to the monorail, we much prefer taking the boat to MK now. We stayed there in June and that was such an awesome way to get there. We're staying there next weekend and now that the Epcot monorail is open, it's an easy walk over to the TTC versus taking the monorail from Poly around the entire loop just to get to the TTC.

I have to say, in regards to the monorail, we much prefer taking the boat to MK now. We stayed there in June and that was such an awesome way to get there. We're staying there next weekend and now that the Epcot monorail is open, it's an easy walk over to the TTC versus taking the monorail from Poly around the entire loop just to get to the TTC.
I agree about walking to TTC to catch monorail is good option. We do that even when the GCH station is open. If you are in the DVC section, it might even be closer.

Is the Tonga longhouse being refurbed?
Nothing seems to come up for next year in any CL Poly.:oops:

I'm fairly certain the work on the Tonga suites has already been completed.

Other than the suites, since CL does not yet have a reopening date at the Poly none of the CL rooms will show any availability. So the good news is, those rooms are not currently booked. The bad news is, we really don't know when they'll be available.

I agree about walking to TTC to catch monorail is good option. We do that even when the GCH station is open. If you are in the DVC section, it is closer.
fixed it for you...even if not closer it should be faster...that line at security at the Poly monorail station can be long....

I'm fairly certain the work on the Tonga suites has already been completed.

Other than the suites, since CL does not yet have a reopening date at the Poly none of the CL rooms will show any availability. So the good news is, those rooms are not currently booked. The bad news is, we really don't know when they'll be available.
Thanks girlsMom! I’ll just keep on looking! :flower:

Yes, as PP said, the Tonga suites have been fully renovated and it’s currently open (although no CL services). IMO sometimes Disney does some strange things with suite availability online, or it may just be your dates - not sure? Or it could be a CL thing since at some point they need to get the suites back in the “CL category” whenever Poly CL opens.

The renovations are beautiful, BTW.

Yes, as PP said, the Tonga suites have been fully renovated and it’s currently open (although no CL services). IMO sometimes Disney does some strange things with suite availability online, or it may just be your dates - not sure?

The renovations are beautiful, BTW.
Oh, I know they are, as I’ve stayed in most of the Tonga Suites !
Thank you, GADisneyDad, I’ll just keep on checking as the Tonga Club level offers the best of all CLs!:sunny::flower2::hippie::tink:

You are not alone, Lilo and Stitch are a family favorite in our house. We know refurbishment is happening at Pago Pago and 1/2 of Moorea, don't know the timetable. This is a soft refurbishment therefore a chance Lilo and Stitch will still be sleeping in the hammock when you open the under TV murphy bed.
We will have more info when the first picture of a refurbished room is leaked. :)

Below is a link to a refurbished Bungalow, Lilo and Stitch are still represented by artwork. 😍

FIRST LOOK: New Refurbished DVC Bungalow at Disney’s Polynesian Villas
You aren't. I switched from the hotel side to the villas with the hope that we don't get a refurbished room. :stitch:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/wow-the-new-poly-studios-are-gorgeous.3850432/Thought of my fellow stitch lovers when I saw this thread! Stitch in the hammock is still in the single fold down :love: and now a second stitch in the picture on the large Murphy bed! Wish it had something on the inside but I LOVE this refurb in comparison to the Moana rooms on the hotel side. I have to see it in person to see if I like it better than the rooms before the refurb, I always liked the darkness of the room and it seems lighter.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/wow-the-new-poly-studios-are-gorgeous.3850432/Thought of my fellow stitch lovers when I saw this thread! Stitch in the hammock is still in the single fold down :love: and now a second stitch in the picture on the large Murphy bed! Wish it had something on the inside but I LOVE this refurb in comparison to the Moana rooms on the hotel side. I have to see it in person to see if I like it better than the rooms before the refurb, I always liked the darkness of the room and it seems lighter.

The rooms are beautiful, the right amount of Stitch and we still have our Maui lamp too 😍 Loved the the soft water color art above the Murphy bed of Stitch, Lilo and Nani.
Happy the Poly still has a touch of Stitch and thrilled it's being spruced up.
Ohana...

For anyone who has been recently, if you add your name to the waitlist for Trader Sam's Grotto do you know how long you have to come back to "claim" your spot? the DH just booked a quick trip for my bday in Oct (no longer splitting our Nov stay sticking just to Uni for that one) and our arrival day is my actual bday so we planned Narcoose's then monorail resort hopping - we land at 345 so once we are checked in I plan to uber to Poly to add our names however if they call us while we are at dinner will we totally lose our slot? I am sure that is a depends who is there and how busy it is but I just wondered if there is a general rule. TIA>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter