Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to stir the Ohana fire but that doesn't even look like the old Ohana dinner.

fno092093840295380294832342329038409.jpg
Well would you rather they stay closed vs opening with a modified menu? I think that they look like good comprises. I will reserve judgement on taste.

Dave

Hi, does anyone have any sources on "rack rate" pricing by season for the king/princess/ambassador suites? We have a group where one of the suites might actually be an option, but I've only been able to find very generalized rates. TIA! Also, does anyone know of the suite building is getting the Moana style theme makeover?

Hi, does anyone have any sources on "rack rate" pricing by season for the king/princess/ambassador suites? We have a group where one of the suites might actually be an option, but I've only been able to find very generalized rates. TIA! Also, does anyone know of the suite building is getting the Moana style theme makeover?

The Tonga suites are being renovated, yes. What they will look like is TBD. They didn’t really share the same style as regular rooms pre-renovation, so TBD if they stick with that or go with something like the Moana theming. My guess is there will be some subtle influences.

The rates are on Disney’s website. Just search your dates, click “Rate Details” link then click “View Rate Calendar” - you can flip through dates/rack rates in the pop up window.

Hope that makes sense!

Please forgive me if this was already asked. Is the resort reopening on July 9 including the monorail or just Ohana?

Please forgive me if this was already asked. Is the resort reopening on July 9 including the monorail or just Ohana?

Just ‘Ohana reopens on 7/9.

Construction on the new monorail station/front entrance seems to be moving along rapidly, but Disney hasn’t announced a completion date. Sitting here on 6/13 it seems to me it’s possible they’ll be done by then, or very close, but TBD of course.

Disney still only says “late July 2021” as Poly’s reopening date, but hotel side room reservations have been available 7/19+.

Hope that helps.

Hi guys, I'm considering a stay in a studio. My question is would it be too cramped for 3 adults and 2 kids? We would only be staying a couple nights before switching to a bigger place.

Just booked a theme park view room for September, very excited! I go to Disney World at least once a year and have stayed at most of the resorts, but this will be my first time at the Poly. Any room request recommendations from the experts?

Hi guys, I'm considering a stay in a studio. My question is would it be too cramped for 3 adults and 2 kids? We would only be staying a couple nights before switching to a bigger place.
Depends on your sleeping style. There is a queen, a solfa sleeper and a twin sleeper so that may work.

With the sleeper used as a couch midday the room feels very large. The table and chairs are nice too if eating in the room. FYI I have used the ironing board as a table at the foot of the bed. I always but a towel on it so it didn't get damaged.

Having 2 bathing areas is really helpful! The small kitchen section is handy too.

Also you get an outdoor area/balcony/patio with the studios so guaranteed extra space. The resort side the 2nd floors do not.

I have stayed in one twice and loved it. However not having a true 2nd bed can be a deal breaker for some families.

Just booked a theme park view room for September, very excited! I go to Disney World at least once a year and have stayed at most of the resorts, but this will be my first time at the Poly. Any room request recommendations from the experts?
For TPV you have a guaranteed view. However 2nd floor does not have a balcony or patio. If you want one, request one.

Enjoy!

Where is bell services currently? I will need to pick up a scooter and stroller that were dropped off. I know that I get the magic bands we pre-ordered at the desk in Pago Pago.

However, Bell services?

And any news about noodles/pot sticker availability at Tambu Lounge currently? Thanks!

Where is bell services currently? I will need to pick up a scooter and stroller that were dropped off. I know that I get the magic bands we pre-ordered at the desk in Pago Pago.

However, Bell services?

And any news about noodles/pot sticker availability at Tambu Lounge currently? Thanks!

Bell Services is currently at Pago Pago!

I can'[t help with the noodles/pot sticker situation.

Tuvalu, 3rd floor.
If the Hawaii building is opened for non-club stay, then Hawaii-3rd floor.

I just tried to book for April school vacation 2022 (we just got our calendar for next year - ours is a week later this year - April 18th week) and the Poly is completely sold out - every room category. I tried every weird date combos too like a tues to a friday making it more than a week less than a week and nothing! Rats!!!! Now I have to figure out another time to go! If I put in May or June dates there are rooms. Our school does their state testing in May but won't release the dates so I'm nervous about picking a week in May and it be the testing. Just venting!!! Thanks for listening!

I just tried to book for April school vacation 2022 (we just got our calendar for next year - ours is a week later this year - April 18th week) and the Poly is completely sold out - every room category. I tried every weird date combos too like a tues to a friday making it more than a week less than a week and nothing! Rats!!!! Now I have to figure out another time to go! If I put in May or June dates there are rooms. Our school does their state testing in May but won't release the dates so I'm nervous about picking a week in May and it be the testing. Just venting!!! Thanks for listening!
Try renting DVC points.

Hi everyone! We stayed at the Poly in 2019 and the only problem we had was the elevators are super tiny. I'm on a scooter due to a bad knee, so it was a nightmare trying to get the scooter in (my sons had to pick it up and turn it). Question: Is there any room that I could request where an elevator wouldn't be required? Or one that's big enough for a scooter? Not sure if you can request ground floor in advance or what. TY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter