Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll know more after July 19 in terms of what longhouses are done. Regardless, if first floor is your highest priority, that is what I would put first over a building.

You just gave me an idea, so thank you! Maybe I'll wait until after the resort opens to put in my room request. Like you said, we will know more about which longhouses have been completed and are open after July 19th. Thank you for your help!

Ohana Reopening Date Announced

Opening July 9 -Bookings available June 10!

Although Disney characters will not be hosting breakfast, a strolling musician will entertain guests for dinner.

For breakfast, start with pineapple-coconut breakfast bread, move on to Stitch and Mickey Mouse waffles, then dig into “eggs”cellent breakfast skillets with ham, sausage, and breakfast potatoes.

The ‘Ohana dinner features all-you-care-to-enjoy platters of grilled beef steak, roasted chicken, sausage, and island shrimp casserole served with fried rice and roasted broccolini. And yes, ‘Ohana pot stickers, crispy soy chicken wings, and the signature ‘Ohana bread pudding served warm with caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream are back! Yippee!

The new menu is a hard pass for me. Kielbasa? Shrimp Casserole? Some weird steak that is not cooked individually to order? Too much money for what I think looks like yucky food.

...I think construction is progressing nicely, although a little too slow for my taste....

enhance

enhance

enhance

Last edited:

For those of us who'll be at the Poly BEFORE Ohana opens, alas... can we still get the pot stickers and noodles at the Tambu Lounge? We'll be there 6/19-6/26.

You just gave me an idea, so thank you! Maybe I'll wait until after the resort opens to put in my room request. Like you said, we will know more about which longhouses have been completed and are open after July 19th. Thank you for your help!

There will be no shortage of reports come mid July. :-)

It’s funny how Disney works. WL reopened last weekend to barely a peep - both from Disney and guests. Maybe I’m just drinking the kool-aid, but I don’t think it will be so quiet come Poly reopening time.

There will be no shortage of reports come mid July. :-)

It’s funny how Disney works. WL reopened last weekend to barely a peep - both from Disney and guests. Maybe I’m just drinking the kool-aid, but I don’t think it will be so quiet come Poly reopening time.

I agree! I’m sure we’ll hear a lot once the Poly opens.

I feel the same way about the BC. I’ve hardly heard anything about it since it reopened. Today was the first day that I heard mention of it when I was reading someone’s trip review.

I was just wondering about the bacon too lol!
Breakfast looks fine as long as we can still request bacon, but I don't see the noodles for dinner! The noodles are the best part IMHO.

😂 Happy I’m not the only one concerned about these things!! I will definitely wait to see if you can substitute. However, their potatoes are fabulous!!!

😂 Happy I’m not the only one concerned about these things!! I will definitely wait to see if you can substitute. However, their potatoes are fabulous!!!
I'm hoping that is an option too or we may cancel. The ham is a no go so having bacon would make this a winner! If they want to add a little Lilo and Stitch I would be even happier!!

I know, right? And BC isn’t exactly a small resort.

Heck I was staying right next door the week it opened and even ate at Beaches & Cream and still forgot it had reopened. The only hint of it was how ugly SAB looked at times.

I’m desperate for any kind of Poly news at this point, particularly on the monorail station. Now that I’m back all my energy is going into the October trip.

I’ve never eaten at ‘Ohana as I don’t really like ‘all you care to enjoy’ dining. I am definitely getting an ADR for my September trip. I’m intrigued now do to all the ‘noodle passion’ I’ve seen on the boards this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter