Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m less than a month away from our upcoming Poly stay. Regarding getting to Magic Kingdom for “rope drope”, should I:

a) walk to MK (Poly to Grand Floridian to MK)? Should I start walking at 6:30 for an 8:00 park opening?I’m nervous this is going to wear my tiny 8 yr old daughter out before we even get in the park.

b) take boat from Poly to MK - what time should I get to dock? 6:30?

c) walk to TTC and take monorail - again, what time should I get to TTC?

Thanks!

I’m less than a month away from our upcoming Poly stay. Regarding getting to Magic Kingdom for “rope drope”, should I:

a) walk to MK (Poly to Grand Floridian to MK)? Should I start walking at 6:30 for an 8:00 park opening?I’m nervous this is going to wear my tiny 8 yr old daughter out before we even get in the park.

b) take boat from Poly to MK - what time should I get to dock? 6:30?

c) walk to TTC and take monorail - again, what time should I get to TTC?

Thanks!
Having just returned from last week and with Monorail still down at Poly, I'd just take the bus from Poly to MK. There seemed to be a lot more MK busses running from Poly with the monorail down. It was a very quick ride over to MK. We have 4 younger children and had the same concern with the walk by GF. We did the Monorail once early morning from TTC but it was backed up with regular guests. Poly bus stop at least gives you some exclusivity and less people. We also aimed for rope drop. When MK was opening at 8am, we typically were at bus stop by 6:45/6:50am and had no trouble. We'd be on Main Street by 7:10/7:15am and then we went to our rides of choice. Some attractions start running earlier but mine train wasnt really going until 7:40am, but you still are beating the rush by getting in line first/earlier.

For return to Poly we would usually do the monorail to TTC. Crowds were not as bad on return trips to Poly compared to heading to MK. Hope that helps.

Anyone have experience with grocery delivery to Poly & avoiding any extra fees? What do you pay if there is a fee from Disney? Which grocery service did you use that will deliver both food and wine?

Anyone have experience with grocery delivery to Poly & avoiding any extra fees? What do you pay if there is a fee from Disney? Which grocery service did you use that will deliver both food and wine?

Here is Disney’s policy:

For other grocery orders delivered to the Disney Resort hotel during your vacation, a $6 fee will be charged to your room account for each grocery delivery order brought to your room by Bell Services or Luggage Assistance. Alternatively, these deliveries may be picked up in the Resort Lobby from Bell Services or Luggage Assistance at no charge.

Source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/mail-services/

I only have personal experience with Garden Grocer - they will deliver alcohol without you being there to show ID. I can’t keep straight all the policies for other vendors but some do require you to be there to show ID to deliver alcohol.

Hope that helps!

Will bell services contact you once your order arrives? Is that when you’d opt to have it delivered? If I’m at the parks can I have them deliver the stuff to my room?
Anyone know what type of coffee (pods/grounds/filters with grounds etc.)I’d order for the coffee makers?

What do you think the ideal age range is for the splash pad? Is my average sized 9-year-old girl going to be too big?

What do you think the ideal age range is for the splash pad? Is my average sized 9-year-old girl going to be too big?

I have a 10 year old. They just ask the bigger kids to not go down the very little slide, but they have free reign of everything else, including the tube slide. He’s technically been over the height limit for several years now (heck, my 6 year old is at the line) but Poly has traditionally not been a splash pad where that is strictly enforced - common sense/courtesy tends to be the management style. I have on very rare occasion seen them ask older kids (think teens that really shouldn’t be there anyway) to move on to the pool if it’s really busy and they are rough housing too much, but that has been pretty isolated occurrences.

I am pretty positive my 11 year old DD who is five foot tall will be playing in there with her little brother. She's been over the height for a while and they have been pretty chill about things, I think especially if they are clearly with a younger sibling.

Has anyone had trouble booking the resort side for the summer? I'm going the end of August and the only thing that is ever available is a suite for 2900 a night🙄 I love the Poly, but not that much. Could they be booked end of August? So confusing.

Has anyone had trouble booking the resort side for the summer? I'm going the end of August and the only thing that is ever available is a suite for 2900 a night🙄 I love the Poly, but not that much. Could they be booked end of August? So confusing.

What dates? I'm booked July 19-24.

August 22-27th. I check every day🤷‍♀️

My ‘guess’ is that mid/late August northeast US vacations and a likely super-popular room refurb are influencing availability. It does seem like slim pickings during that time period, in my few minutes of checking just now.

My ‘guess’ is that mid/late August northeast US vacations and a likely super-popular room refurb are influencing availability. It does seem like slim pickings during that time period, in my few minutes of checking just now.
🙄I can't even complain, I'm one of those north east people. So frustrating, I've been checking for weeks. We usually go end of August and I never had a problem.

🙄I can't even complain, I'm one of those north east people. So frustrating, I've been checking for weeks. We usually go end of August and I never had a problem.

I wonder how they are allocating CL rooms for booking - meaning, are they in the general room inventory or being treated differently. Hawaii is a big longhouse with a large number of rooms, relatively speaking - curious with how all that works behind the scenes.

I do think a lot of people are in “book now, figure it out later” mode with Disney these days, so I hope something opens up for you!

I wonder how they are allocating CL rooms for booking - meaning, are they in the general room inventory or being treated differently. Hawaii is a big longhouse with a large number of rooms, relatively speaking - curious with how all that works behind the scenes.

I do think a lot of people are in “book now, figure it out later” mode with Disney these days, so I hope something opens up for you!
Thanks, me too lol. I would love a room Hawaii. It's the best location. So close to everything. Now to pick a backup, WL or YC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter