Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for so many posts, I’m giddy.

I am going to interpret the fact that DPB put in writing “Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort is now accepting bookings for late July 2021” is a good sign that at least some of the room work is on track for 7/19+/.

Those are beautiful! Will they be doing the same for the DVC side?
Poly isn’t on the DVC Reno schedule right now and it’s first Reno will be soft goods only. But it would be unusual for them to do the same Reno to the DVC rooms as the regular rooms.

Seems like Disney is tinkering with some of the Room Pics on their booking website.

One thing I noticed is how small the counter space is - really cut down from the prior MASSIVE bathroom counter space.

Those rooms are GORGEOUS! (It does help that I love and adore Moana!) Up until now, my favorite rooms have been the beautiful YC rooms, but these are even better!!

We've never stayed at the Poly, though it’s always been our top dream resort. DH and I may need to pull the trigger now with these rooms. I’m just finding the rack rates so hard to swallow, especially since we have to go at the most expensive/least discounted times (I’m a teacher). Presidents Week 2022 is expensive!!

But they’re so pretty.....and it’s the Poly....

I am not in love with the flooring pattern or colors for a Pacific Island theme. The wall paper behind the coffee maker is quite bold when I think about getting morning coffee.

Finally the light fixtures are really generic vs the new lighting fixtures in the WL rooms. I like the light panel in the WL vs the large picture that is Moana from behind.

Dave

I agree.

I’m not 100% sure how I feel about the rooms looking at these pictures.
I’m sure I’ll love it once I’m there. I really do love the new washroom!

The theming is a little over the top for me- that being said my 19-year-old daughter is obsessed with the Polynesian (we even have light fixtures in her room to mimic the lobby light fixture) so I’m sure we will stay there soon. Hoping seeing it in person might be different.

In this era, IP integration is going to be unavoidable. That said, I think they did it well and the room looks really sharp.

I like it. I know Disney is trying to add more IP’s everywhere and they did a good job with this. It’s no secret you’re at Disney but it’s not over the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter