Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the best way to MK for park opening?? I see the Monorail says it starts running at 8:30 tomorrow morning. However when I went there a few days ago (from the Swan) they were running attractions as early as 8:30. Any ideas or experience?

For any recent guests, what has the timing been like for the first bus to the other 3 parks? An hour before scheduled park opening? Just curious if anyone knows exact schedule they've been running at Poly these days.

For any recent guests, what has the timing been like for the first bus to the other 3 parks? An hour before scheduled park opening? Just curious if anyone knows exact schedule they've been running at Poly these days.
A driver let me take a screenshot of his schedule when I was there a couple weeks ago. For Epcot, his shift started from the park at 10:15, and he arrived at the Poly at 10:34. He'd made it to the park again at 10:52, and back to the resort at 11:11. He mentioned that there were two buses running, so the first bus seemed to be picking people up from the Poly at 10:15 or so. YMMV.

I wonder if they are planning to convert more resort rooms to DVC.
That would be complicated for the short period they have announced for renovations. They would need to add a new class of rooms as the existing rooms are not equal to existing DVC rooms. I bet they are just taking advantage of the sparse crowds.

Yesterday we were picked up at 944 for 11am epcot opening...when we drove into epcot around 10 you could see all the stopped cars as they hadn't staryed letting cars in yet...there were a number of other buses though.

Yesterday we were picked up at 944 for 11am epcot opening...when we drove into epcot around 10 you could see all the stopped cars as they hadn't staryed letting cars in yet...there were a number of other buses though.
Thanks! So did they let you in Epcot before 11 then? Like 10:15 or so?

That would be complicated for the short period they have announced for renovations. They would need to add a new class of rooms as the existing rooms are not equal to existing DVC rooms. I bet they are just taking advantage of the sparse crowds.
I think you are right. Maybe Tikiman didn't want to say because the renovations will really upset the die hard fans?

I still want to know why they gutted the original water feature in the lobby. I have read it wasn't at all mold, so who knows? Well Tikiman knows.

I would imagine creating more floor space as they do in their parks for increasing foot traffic

FYI the resort side rooms were set to be refurbished this year. You were unable to book them. I originally had GF cl booked my Oct dates because Poly CL was not available. Then at some point after the shutdown Poly was bookable so I switched from GF to Poly Cl. Then when I was pretty sure there was not going to be CL this year I switched to CR std(although I switched again to BLT with AP discount).

I do go to Poly often and the lobby had a whole redo when they took out the fountain. They were trying to take advantage of the castle view from the lobby/therefore the opening up of the area.

For those of us that have been this summer I have noticed that the security lines get backed up into the lobby when boarding the monorail (gf too). At one point a few years back they decreased the waiting area of the mono stations at Poly and GF. It is possible (a guess only) that they are re-imagining the space to make it easier for people to get through the security . It really is a pain to social distance at this time without blocking the mono sliding doors to the 2nd floor lobby area.

I hope they get the poly lobby work done quickly! It was fun to visit the lobby with low crowds :)

Do we know when next summer the Poly is supposed to reopen? Is it by summer or just during summer? I really wanted to stay at the Poly as part of a split stay for our August, 2021 trip. My other resort choice is the WL which is also closed. We are currently booked at the BC, which is now closed indefinitely, so who knows where we’ll end up. 🤷🏻‍♀️

We were booked for the first week of June, 2021 & we've gotten the e-mail that they will contact us four weeks before our trip to move us to a comparable resort with no price change. Hopefully by August you would be fine.

I still want to know why they gutted the original water feature in the lobby. I have read it wasn't at all mold, so who knows? Well Tikiman knows.
I think it’s all about money, no water fall equals no maintenance bill for the water fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter