• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone who's stayed since reopening tell me what time the buses have been starting in the morning? If we want to try to be on the first bus to Epcot, AK, DHS; what time should we be at the bus stop? - We're going next week. Thx!

Does the bus to Epcot pick up at any other resorts? Is there an Epcot monorail if you walk over TTC?

No, the resort buses to any of the parks are not sharing with other resorts. I will miss that at Poly when things eventually go back to normal - it’s nice not taking the extra 5-10 mins stopping at GF when leaving Poly.

The Epcot monorail is currently not running and there is no announced start date at the moment. I suspect it will be awhile.

Can anyone who's stayed since reopening tell me what time the buses have been starting in the morning? If we want to try to be on the first bus to Epcot, AK, DHS; what time should we be at the bus stop? - We're going next week. Thx!
I have been trying to get answers to the same questions. I’ve tried many searches but either I get pre-Covid answers or none specific to Poly. I will be there tomorrow and in the next few days I’ll report back on what I find with the bus transportation.

I think people are relunctant to post times because things are so weird/unpredictable given the current conditions. When I was there in July buses started around an hour before park opening. I ‘think’ that is more or less still the case from what I’ve read, but like always you may encounter something different on the ground. First hand accounts are always incredibly helpful to know exactly what is going on - hope you have a great trip!

Are regular rooms just booked up for next year or just not available right now? All I saw were studios and villas.
Nope the Poly is scheduled to open on Oct. 4th and I can see regular resort rooms any time after that date available through Sept. 26th 2021.

However no CL rooms are listed as CL is on hold until further notice.

Dave

Are regular rooms just booked up for next year or just not available right now? All I saw were studios and villas.
In the past I have accidentally selected the Polynesian Villas and Bungalows when I was looking for a regular hotel room which is in a different “resort” on the drop down menu than the Polynesian Village Resort. I am not saying that’s what happened but it might be worth it just to check one more time!

I apologize if this has been asked and answered, I haven't read through the whole thread, but any news on when Trader Sam's will reopen? Heading down for Labor Day weekend and my niece's 21st birthday and would be awesome to take her there to celebrate!

I apologize if this has been asked and answered, I haven't read through the whole thread, but any news on when Trader Sam's will reopen? Heading down for Labor Day weekend and my niece's 21st birthday and would be awesome to take her there to celebrate!

No word or rumors on either the indoor Trader Sams or outdoor Tiki Terrace, unfortunately. Tambu Lounge on the second floor of the Grand Ceremonial House next to Ohana reopened a week or two ago, that’s been about the only new update coming out of Poly lately.

My guess is it’ll be awhile on the inside part and maybe we’ll see the outside part open when the resort reopens in October, but that’s just a wild guess on my part.

I haven’t seen anything yet but at least Tambu Lounge is open or maybe she would like Enchanted Rose at GF?

I haven’t seen anything yet but at least Tambu Lounge is open or maybe she would like Enchanted Rose at GF?
Yes, we were thinking of stopping for a drink at both places - Trader Sam's and Enchanted Rose. Maybe Tambu instead. Trying to avoid hauling ourselves to Disney Springs :)

No word or rumors on either the indoor Trader Sams or outdoor Tiki Terrace, unfortunately. Tambu Lounge on the second floor of the Grand Ceremonial House next to Ohana reopened a week or two ago, that’s been about the only new update coming out of Poly lately.

My guess is it’ll be awhile on the inside part and maybe we’ll see the outside part open when the resort reopens in October, but that’s just a wild guess on my part.
Thanks, yes Tambu is a good option - we'll keep that in mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter