• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome! Thank you!! I'm on cash over Marathon Weekend. :)

Side note, I've never loved the Joffrey's pods in the regular resort rooms (read, won't drink it), but I found myself really liking the packs in the villas and a real coffee machine. I used my own bottled water and I'd say it made a pretty decent cup, relatively speaking. Not sure if you're like me and need a quick cup at 4am before a runD race, but it would do the trick for me.

Side note, I've never loved the Joffrey's pods in the regular resort rooms (read, won't drink it), but I found myself really liking the packs in the villas and a real coffee machine. I used my own bottled water and I'd say it made a pretty decent cup, relatively speaking. Not sure if you're like me and need a quick cup at 4am before a runD race, but it would do the trick for me.

Oh I have it well before 4. I'm on the first available bus to the start at 3. I'm up about 1:30/2. Cold water, coffee, cold water - that way if not before I leave the room then by the time I'm at the start things are, uh, moving and I'm good to go for the race. :D

Oh boy for sure! We are supposed to be there in December, yikes! I guess we will wait and see....again lol!

Again, we don't know who @trishadono meant by "we". It could have been the coffee stand outside of Kona. Could have been 'Ohana. Could have been Trader Sam's. Could have been the hotel room section. It is very nebulous as to what "we" refers to.

Again, we don't know who @trishadono meant by "we". It could have been the coffee stand outside of Kona. Could have been 'Ohana. Could have been Trader Sam's. Could have been the hotel room section. It is very nebulous as to what "we" refers to.
With everything going on at Disney, I kinda stay ready for anything at this point 🤣
I have my backup choices ready just in case!!

I’m going to guess she meant the resort rooms (non DVC) since they are scheduled to open in October. I can see the possibility of pushing out the opening of them by a few more months.

Again sorry I did 11 miles of fun today with dd I didn’t check back here until now.

Cm’s don’t always have accurate info but she we were talking about the resort. It is supposed to open in October or possibly delayed to January.

it is what it is. CR is not at capacity. The only non dvc mono resort currently open. Why would they open more?
Gf is supposed to next at 9/21. Let’s see if that opens , that may show us their direction.

Cm’s everywhere from resorts , parks, and restaurants ALL have been so welcoming. I think they are truly glad to be back.

I prefer poly or gf however CR has been wonderful !

Sorry! She was talking about how she misses the resort open. The poly resort is what she was told may not open in Oct if guest levels remain low.

Gotcha.

They are still selling regular rooms for January. I'm in a Studio (cash basis - I'm not rich enough to own DVC) and had pondered changing to a regular room as they're the same price. But I don't want to end up moved to another resort, so I'll stick with what I have just in case.

Again sorry I did 11 miles of fun today with dd I didn’t check back here until now.

Cm’s don’t always have accurate info but she we were talking about the resort. It is supposed to open in October or possibly delayed to January.

it is what it is. CR is not at capacity. The only non dvc mono resort currently open. Why would they open more?
Gf is supposed to next at 9/21. Let’s see if that opens , that may show us their direction.

Cm’s everywhere from resorts , parks, and restaurants ALL have been so welcoming. I think they are truly glad to be back.

I prefer poly or gf however CR has been wonderful !

Thanks for all the updates. Glad you're having a great time :goodvibes.

Stopped at Tambu Lounge around 7pm Saturday. You can sit in the lounge area previously used for people waiting for ohana.

Those flatbreads were really tasty!
That’s the Aloha cupcake I mobile ordered from cc’s . We got lucky and were finished just before 8p and got the mono back to CR. Otherwise we would have had to take the bus and it was pouring!

We got back to our room early but with a TPV room your last night you don’t mind enjoying the view one last time. 3503AF75-10F3-4608-8046-5D30527F7775.jpeg90BA5CC6-F04E-4B96-BA87-E2C68EE9D284.jpegEAC1E9C8-9133-45E0-8257-63A6377DB7D7.jpeg

Stopped at Tambu Lounge around 7pm Saturday. You can sit in the lounge area previously used for people waiting for ohana.

Those flatbreads were really tasty!
That’s the Aloha cupcake I mobile ordered from cc’s . We got lucky and were finished just before 8p and got the mono back to CR. Otherwise we would have had to take the bus and it was pouring!

We got back to our room early but with a TPV room your last night you don’t mind enjoying the view one last time. View attachment 521339View attachment 521340View attachment 521341
Happy to hear a Tambu report! :thumbsup2
And those flatbreads do look delicious.:)

Happy to hear a Tambu report! :thumbsup2
And those flatbreads do look delicious.:)
The bar has no seating at it. There are a few tables pushed away. (See my pix from the other day) DDwaited in a line and got her Lapu Lapu with my wine. It was tricky to carry it so far to our seats.

They brought out the flatbreads and it didn’t take too long. Considering the low guest numbers all the seating was taken. People like to have fun food n drinks!

I will be there next Sunday, Monday & Tuesday. It looks like traditionally Poly does not do Movie Under the Stars on those nights. Would it be frowned upon to walk to GF and watch a movie there?

I will be there next Sunday, Monday & Tuesday. It looks like traditionally Poly does not do Movie Under the Stars on those nights. Would it be frowned upon to walk to GF and watch a movie there?
There are so few people around I don’t think it would matter. GF like a ghost town!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter