• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is bell service running like normal? Can I drop off my bags early in the morning On check in day and leave them there all day while I go to a competing park?

Anyone there now or just back that can report on current Lava Pool hours? They were 11-9 when I was there in mid July, not sure if still the same? Thanks!

Excited to book another trip to the Poly this year! We were there 7/11-7/14 and we’re going back 11/13-11/20! Can’t wait!

For those who are regulars, when do they usually put up the Christmas decorations?

Excited to book another trip to the Poly this year! We were there 7/11-7/14 and we’re going back 11/13-11/20! Can’t wait!

For those who are regulars, when do they usually put up the Christmas decorations?
The resorts are decorated in a random pattern year to year. The mono resorts plus wl start mid November and then usually completed by Thanksgiving.

However with Covid and social distancing it may be tricky to put up and take longer.

This year we can’t count on anything to be like before, usually MK would be all fall like for mnsshp but hasn’t done that yet.
If the resort isn’t done by then hopefully the parks will be. Normally the gingerbread house @gf is done by then yet I don’t even know if they will do that this year with the crowds it draws,

Unfortunately it will be a wait and see for everything this year. We can only hope for the best.

The resorts are decorated in a random pattern year to year. The mono resorts plus wl start mid November and then usually completed by Thanksgiving.

Thanks! We stayed at POR a couple of years ago for the same week (week before Thanksgiving) and the first couple of days the hotel had fall decor, then overnight mid-trip it switched to Christmas.

I figure something similar would happen this year, but wasn't sure the "traditional" decorating time frame for the deluxe resorts.

And you're right, who knows with COVID!? 😂

Hello:flower3: I will be at the Poly for our 1st ever stay there!!!! We will be in the deluxe studio villa. Do they provide you with enough coffee for the week or should i bring some? Silly question I know but ...COFFEE!:jumping1:

Hello:flower3: I will be at the Poly for our 1st ever stay there!!!! We will be in the deluxe studio villa. Do they provide you with enough coffee for the week or should i bring some? Silly question I know but ...COFFEE!:jumping1:

I believe you can request more coffee as you need it.

They generally only give you a couple pods of regular and a couple decaf. For trips longer than a weekend we bring some with us, as well as basket filters.

They generally only give you a couple pods of regular and a couple decaf. For trips longer than a weekend we bring some with us, as well as basket filters.

Can you not ask for more if needed in the Studios? At regular Disney hotels (non-DVC) you just let them know you need more and you get it.

Can you not ask for more if needed in the Studios? At regular Disney hotels (non-DVC) you just let them know you need more and you get it.

We are DVC and always stay on points - and we have never actually asked because we were under the impression we would be charged- like we are charged for extra towels etc. I have asked when I pay for cash rooms of course. But i am pretty sure that unlimited coffee wasn't a thing when we joined DVC and you only get coffee refresh on Day 4 trash/towel days. I could be wrong- or they might just give it to you sometimes.

We are DVC and always stay on points - and we have never actually asked because we were under the impression we would be charged- like we are charged for extra towels etc. I have asked when I pay for cash rooms of course. But i am pretty sure that unlimited coffee wasn't a thing when we joined. I could be wrong- or they might just give it to you sometimes.

Ah, ok. I'm on cash. So on cash you can get extra and not be charged just as in a regular resort room?

Or maybe to be safe I should change to a regular room? It's the same rate per night as a Studio...I figured being just me a Studio would be better...

Ah, ok. I'm on cash. So on cash you can get extra and not be charged just as in a regular resort room?

Or maybe to be safe I should change to a regular room? It's the same rate per night as a Studio...I figured being just me a Studio would be better...

If you pay cash I would assume it would be just like the hotel side.

Update: https://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-p...-removes-charges-for-some-in-room-consumables
Looks like it's free now! We have only done a weekend trip since January so we are super happy about this! Now I can throw away all of those filters I don't need.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter